Best Newschoolers...

seraph

some friends of mine just heard Talpa at a festival in Belgium - they said they just stood there in awe - the music was simply amazing. so don't listen to Gnome, he's just too cool for it. :P

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

define newschooler

312467[/snapback]

new releases in 2003 - 2004- 2005 who still create old skool like back in the days...

it's not a used word in the scéne just joke from seraph...

some friends of mine just heard Talpa at a festival in Belgium - they said they just stood there in awe - the music was simply amazing. so don't listen to Gnome, he's just too cool for it.  :P

312524[/snapback]

@ rhakti dei ????

Heard Talpa and Filteria live twice and they don't do it for me. Talpa is a cheap classical ripp off way too orchestral. And Filteria is an empty box, there is nothing behind that wall of sound, his music misses some personality. First I liked their music but it doesn't pass the test of time... and acid :P

Don't know if Ka-Sol qualifies ass a newschooler, but his live set on an oldskool party a couple of weeks ago blew my mind :blink: . He knows how to play your mind like good olskool music can. But he does it his own way, it's a whole other world. I really hope he releases his other melodic tracks sometime.

Ka-Sol is my favourite and then Goasia, Khetzal, Lost Budha share second place.

yes. talpa was at rhakti dei

i wouldn't call talpa old school either. i like his music though.

312584[/snapback]

I only went one night so missed talpa :(

but then again after full moon I had a bit with goa :D

Angry Dwarf with the song: "Continuum" , and all other new-school SUCKS! or will be kicked in the nutsack by this song.

Streaming saikosounds sample:

http://ip23.dyn181.pacific.net.hk/24401.m3u

sit the whole thing through and be surprised/kicked in your head when the song completely kicks in!    B)

311994[/snapback]

it's a great tune indeed )

Talpa is a cheap classical ripp off way too orchestral.

312551[/snapback]

Talpa is <extremely> psychedelic. there's a lot more there than just melodies - lots of sounds and layers and textures. I'll take it over Classical any day.

but guess tastes differ.

define newschooler

312467[/snapback]

All the artists that desperately trying to keep the old school spirit in modern clothes.

Hopefully not the last melodic acidic stretching that is rarely heard in new productions, making massive build ups, generic melodic changes and loads of noise...

Just my cup of tea...

:P

i don't want to call them newschoolers.

goatrance would do. it's not like "old school" is dead. we still listen to it :P

312735[/snapback]

Listen to it ? Heh, like it is enough... ;)

WE NEED TO MAKE IT AGAIN ! :)

But better and more progressed !

Waiting for new Transwave, that would perfectly describe what I mean... :P

well we label styles too much lately.

i met some people from "***** records" (name not important) and they said they produce twisted psychedelic trance, but people label the music as dark, and it's not. it's just the psychedelic edgy twisted squirled sharp sound that's characteristic to them.

bla bla bla :)

well we label styles too much lately.

i met some people from "***** records" (name not important) and they said they produce twisted psychedelic trance, but people label the music as dark, and it's not. it's just the psychedelic edgy twisted squirled sharp sound that's characteristic to them.

bla bla bla :)

312739[/snapback]

There is a lot to discuss really...not about labeling but about music itself...

You don't have one style Trance and everything behind, there are layers and layers of moods, feelings, realms and worlds different artists present...

But I will stop with my own personal rant here...I can talk for ages... :)

well, you are right. but still :P

i am against "newschoolers" and nothing can stop me :)

i still :wub: u tho!

312745[/snapback]

I just loooooooooove newschoolers but not the name... just say goatrance :D

I voted for Blue Vortex, it has a feeling for me that is a bit similar to Yahel's Waves Of Sound album and I really love that.

But I also love Synsun and all the others from the list.

hi Tatsu! how's it going? :)

i haven't seen you in the off topic lately.

do we need to fire somebody there?

i met the coolest swiss people at a festival this summer :D

veeeery nice people, and also very cute :D

Hehe, enough people have been fired lately... ;-) Nah, I just have to work so I can't be online all day. But don't be afraid, I will not leave psynews!!

Cool, where did you meet them, at the Trancesilvania Festival?

Transylvania Calling Festival :D

we were chilling on the dance floor, and they were making a joint, and then i said "hold on, i'll go get some beers from the bar", and that took like 20 minutes maybe, cause some people stopped me to talk and ask for some help.

and when i got back with the beers, i was very surprised to see they waited for me. and then we smoked happily, and i got so dizzy.

swiss people know their stuff i guess :D

ok, go ahead and work, but don't be a stranger :D

i am pretty bored of my job this summer.

What is oldschool and what is newshool?

Surely they don't mean the same thing?

For me none of the acts mentioned here is newschool...they are mainly trying to imitate the oldschool sound.

A bit like if Eminem would try to replicate Grandmaster Flash....not many Hip-Hop fanatics would be likely to consider it a great oldschool track.

He might get similar sound, but I doubt it would carry the same feeling as the original.

But they sure aren't newschool either.

The newschool is the acts that have developed and followed new paths.

Psytrance and now darkpsy as well as full-on is really newschool goatrance.

I would call them retrotrance.

From the retrotrance acts E-Mantra is my favorite.

His tracks have real psychedelic spirit and depth and could fit well in on a comp like Order Odonata.