I'm doing an interview

Insejn

its pretty much same as the interviews between the rounds on ice hockey example

311030[/snapback]

Haha, yeees.... We have a danish comedy duo called "gramsespektrum" (spectrum of groping) and they did a bit like that about a track runner:

- So, what went wrong out there?

- Well, I got a pretty good start, but then, it was like, you know, the other guys... I don't know. They were kind of faster. They can run really fast, it's completely insane.

- Have you learnt something from this?

- Yeah, I guess... Maybe. I think, next time, I should try to get a good start too, and then - maybe run faster you know. Maybe even faster than the others, that could possible work. I feel I'm almost there - I just have to be a *little* faster than the others.

It goes on and on - it's hillarious...

Anywho, from acomplished artists, I always like to know something about what inspires them. How do they come up with the sounds, and make them fit so nicely together - are they trying to tell a story, or are they just going "duh, this sounds pretty cool..."? When they start writing a track, do they have a specific idea for a theme, or does it just grow out of the loops cycling endlessly?

Also - I heard that SP doesn't particularly like his own music... why is that - why does he write it then? Does the interviewed artist sometimes listen to his/her own work and go: "OMFG, I'm good, this is da bomb!"....?

Oh - one more thing.... When playing live, which is coolest. Having the perfect polished set, playing from DAT or pre-recorded from a computer - or is improvisation and B-notes perfectly acceptable, even though the track will sound less perfect (but more living and organic). I worship Eat Static, Orbital (may they rest in peace!) and Der Dritte Raum for their way of actually performing...

-A

These questions that Ukiro suggested have to be asked...

But if the producer is by some reason Simon Posford, ask also Amygdala's question: how much do you enjoy your own music.

AND also...

How would you feel if you knew that some people have serious arguments with others in psytrance forums because they feel they have to defend your music from any criticism? That would be fun to know because I know I have the need muyself, but even if I don't satisfy it, I know Cinos or Traveller probably will =)

Ask which of the following is the best

a) the women

B) the cocain

c) the flashy sport cars

311096[/snapback]

no

maybe his girlfriend is a hot drug dealer who also happens to own a flashy sport car.

Ukiro, your questions are definitly good, but you automatically assume the person ur interviewing agrees that psy trance today has lost it's qualities that made it great, and all the other things you mentioned.

If I were the interviewer I would ask

1)Do you think that the possibilities for originiality and new ideas in psytrance or any music is unlimited, or do believe that it is limited and most everything has been done?

Horribley phrased question, but u get the idea

Ukiro =>> Nice questions there. You've put a lot of thinking into this. Cool!

Insejn =>> Tell us who it is already - I wouldn't ask Ben Watkins the same questions I would ask Eskimo.

A general question could be

Do you read reviews? How do you deal with critisism? Do you visit online message boards? Participate? Do you know Psynews?

/DP

EDIT: Wouldn't... Well, duh!

Ukiro, your questions are definitly good, but you automatically assume the person ur interviewing agrees that psy trance today has lost it's qualities that made it great, and all the other things you mentioned.

No. I do however intentionally provoke the interviewee by phrasing them as such.

If I were the interviewer I would ask

1)Do you think that the possibilities for originiality and new ideas in psytrance or any music is unlimited, or do believe that it is limited and most everything has been done?

Horribley phrased question, but u get the idea

311252[/snapback]

Not horrible at all, and a very valid question. It should be included.

I was half joking man... ;)

They in any case split, that is why I don't care plus they don't make the music as they used to.

311287[/snapback]

Johan and Jonas Pettersson are still keeping Logic Bomb alive. As far as I know :P

First question....

ask them....

"What's psy trance?"

and have a genuinely confused look on your face like you don't know what it is either.. :D

Well since it's logic bomb you better ask "Have you noticed that your music sounds exactly the same than all other full on?" Also ask the "Why do you think it is that Simon Posford is so much better than the rest?" question..

A general question could be

Do you read reviews? How do you deal with critisism? Do you visit online message boards? Participate? Do you know Psynews?
EDIT: Wouldn't... Well, duh!

311271[/snapback]

cool question!

i was just thinking to ask some artists i know how do they feel about reviews, and if they want a review for their new album. i mean, it could be a great promotion

Perhaps it's easier if you know the artist...

The artist is: Logic Bomb

:)

311282[/snapback]

cool :D