Juno Reactor & Bad Tracks

Cinos

Have Juno Reactor ever made a bad track?

My answer to this question is... yes.

Their newest track, Hotaka, is nothing special, and really bordering on bad. Also, if you're familiar with their Psychoslaphead project, chances are big you also dislike that. I certainly do.

Then there are some mediocre ones like The Heavens from transmissions. Even though they never have made a bad album, or even a mediocre one, this is proof they aren't perfect...

Well, proof to ME anyway. What do you think?

Hotaka has a good potential but those guitars ruin the track. I am also not fond of Swamp Thing and Razorback...The rest rules...;)

Hotaka has a  good potential but those guitars ruin the track. I am also not fond of Swamp Thing and Razorback...The rest rules...;)

262076[/snapback]

How can you not like Swamp Thing! It's great! :lol:

What about Psychoslaphead? Has anybody here even heard that?

Have Juno Reactor ever made a bad track?

of course!!! Actually I don't like about 70% of the stuff he makes. Guess that's the price to pay when you're making such unique music... some people love it and others hate it.

of course!!! Actually I don't like about 70% of the stuff he makes. Guess that's the price to pay when you're making such unique music... some people love it and others hate it.

262079[/snapback]

They

Maybe because of bad using guitar, I don't know, I somehow don't like that track...

262083[/snapback]

Nice way of trying to sneak that comment under the radar - the guitar use is great, not bad! :lol:

EDIT: sorry, i hadn't listened to juno for a while... Now skipped through some songs and they are great... I must have had grouse taste a year ago!

They are great!

I'd add Luciana on the boring tracks. I don't even call it a track it's just a mix of bits of music they created for other tracks that ended up together.

262194[/snapback]

Actually it came before those other tracks, I think.

It's a matter of taste, man. IMO it's their 3rd greatest track after Conga Fury and Rotorblade =D

The commercial remix in the Once Upon A Time in Mexico sucks big tho

as for bad tracks: I don't like more than half of the tracks I've heard much, but they aren't bad either... except some moments from the latest album.

...which is actually the only album i have fully heard from JR.

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'd have to say that I agree that Juno Reactor aren't as special as we all make them out to be... sure their first and second albums were great, but after that it really became the same stuff just rebuilt... their latest album imo was really poor, I can;t get past the third track and I've had it for ages! I'm sorry but I do fail to see what is so great about their nw album and the one before it, othere than good drink coasters...

I'd have to say that I agree that Juno Reactor aren't as special as we all make them out to be... sure their first and second albums were great, but after that it really became the same stuff just rebuilt... their latest album imo was really poor, I can;t get past the third track and I've had it for ages!  I'm sorry but I do fail to see what is so great about their nw album and the one before it, othere than good drink coasters...

262321[/snapback]

Same... stuff... rebuilt? Shango is not the same as Transmissions. Not by a long shot. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

About the new album: Skip the third track then and listen to the rest, they're great. Personally I love the third one two... drum & bass madness. :)

I myself like the song "Razorback" the best from the album "BTI" and was wondering this?! :huh:

discogs

and then,

psynews

whotta f...? :ph34r:

Anyways, back to the original question :) , yes there's quite many bad tracks they've made IMO. Like he best stuff is albums "Shango" and "Transmissions" and others just are ehm... rather mediocre. But well, I'd definitely like to see 'em live though :)

I myself like the song "Razorback" the best from the album "BTI" and was wondering this?!  :huh:

discogs

and then,

psynews

whotta f...?  :ph34r:

Anyways, back to the original question :) , yes there's quite many bad tracks they've made IMO. Like he best stuff is albums "Shango" and "Transmissions" and others just are ehm... rather mediocre. But well, I'd definitely like to see 'em live though :)

262498[/snapback]

It wasn't on the original release on Blue Room, was added on a later version.

BTW, I think Shango is their only mediocrish album. :D

Hmm, I'm mostly with Cinos here. Hotaka is rather dull - I kept wanting to buy it because I like tribal sounds with a dancefloor application but even with those remixes I just couldn't make myself do it. Dull! Shango also has some mediocre points, but nothing specifically bad comes to mind... one or two tracks on BTI have a bad moment or two... and I never have been able to get into Transmissions...

I am developing the opinion that the new album is their finest work to date... or at the very least, since Bible of Dreams... which I only began to like after years of being into this music (I did not find that album remotely accessable)...

Their newest track, Hotaka, is nothing special, and really bordering on bad.

262059[/snapback]

Hotaka isn't their newest tune man, it was released in 2002. And if you don't like the original (it isn't my favourite either), check out the Thomas P. Heckmann Remix, it rocks! That is if you like techno though.

As for the original question, yes Juno like all others have made bad tracks, that goes without saying. When you make that much music not all can be brilliant. They certainly have a pretty big majority of quality though, and right now I can't remember the title of any straight out bad tracks, even though I'm sure they exist.

Hotaka isn't their newest tune man, it was released in 2002. And if you don't like the original (it isn't my favourite either), check out the Thomas P. Heckmann Remix, it rocks! That is if you like techno though.

262707[/snapback]

O...K... hmm. Well, I thought it came right after Labyrinth.

As for the original question, yes Juno like all others have made bad tracks, that goes without saying.

262707[/snapback]

Shpongle haven't. :)