What's your contribution to the circle of goa...

Guest Rain

142 members have voted

1. 1. What's your contribution to the circle of goa...

• Artist (or used to be) : as in released a track/album...
    • Artist : non released but planning to or just for fun...
    • Dj (or used to be) :as in played at party yet...
    • Dj : not played at party but planning or just for fun...
    • Labelowner...
    • Party organizer...
    • Run a psytranceshop (who knows)...
    • Make decoration for partys...
    • Partyanimal...
    • Just homelistening & collecting a bit...
    • None of them above I?ll just write it in a post reply...

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I'm running a weekly trance broadcast on a local FM radio in Clermont-Ferrand , a modest town in the middle of France since 1995. I have also written & posted some reviews over several trance boards since 2001.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have some very minor attempts at making electronic music with a computer, basically no skills in playing any instruments...am not even going to any parties! have once been in a forest party (last summer). and have hardly any connections to anyone involved with the abovementioned or the music industry either.

221126[/snapback]

Don't worry about that. 99.9% of the "artists" have never touched an instrument in their lives... They use a mouse clicking some notes into their tracker program ;)

Don't worry about that. 99.9% of the "artists" have never touched an instrument in their lives...  They use a mouse clicking some notes into their tracker program ;)

221147[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

I played flute when i was a kid.

Guest Astro Cortex

I chose "Just homelistening & collecting a bit..." but it's not 100% true, I actually collect quite a lot, or let's say more than just a bit :D

But I'm afraid I'm sort of an isolationist, since sometimes I hardly ever leave my room for whole days and do nothing else than listening to music and browsing the web for ever more information about new artists to discover etc. Especially now that I have vacation from university. At least it doesn't get boring for me that way, so I think everything's going extremely well B)

n.p.: The Orb - Back Side of the Moon

Wow, I'm pretty amazed the majority of the people contributing in this poll, don't even go partying once in a while.

I didn't know the "home listening experience" is so wide spread and more preferred above the actual "party-experience".

I like both, but if I don't have an energizing party at least once in a month I go berzerk.Berzerk I tell ya!

The organizing of parties also occupies a big part of my life.

cheeers.

:rolleyes:

yep..there is no something a can vote for...a bit from all i guess...just lovin' goa vibration,sometimes there are all kinds of vibes, as positive same negative..but i follow,tryin' to, follow only positiv vibes,so the negative becomes funny little parasites..

party animal...maybe in the beggining of goa expirience...now more as spirit lover.spirit is what i am,just in this race i have my body and soul,limited in time and space...and don't forget this..i'm on earth..and its great and blessings..

after we have all the time to be spiritual-full-only beings..

jah Rastafari..

B)

I'm not scene person so I'm not contributing that much. I go to about 3 parties a year so I don't know all the goa heads. But I try to spread a positive vibe at the parties and I'm buying a lot of records. I guess that's not too bad. Oh, and I'm hanging around in psy forums... ;)

i voted something else.

i do fireshows.

and sometimes i assist at a healing garden.

and ofcourse lightwork

and sometimes i help( bar , fluo wool constructions)

sometimes helping people

i party like crazy on old school and darkpsy

but most of the time fireshows.

and most of the time shitting on full on/powertrance. :lol:

and most of the time some head-fair envolving girls :rolleyes:

my tribute

and most of the time shitting on full on/powertrance. :lol:

my tribute

222778[/snapback]

keep on doing your wonderfull contribution.

We're proud do have such talented & dedicated people.

&the fireshow is also nice. :lol:

keep on doing your wonderfull contribution.

&the fireshow is also nice.  :lol:

222788[/snapback]

we've even made a sing wich said = FUCK $$$POWERTRANCE$$$

it didnt last long and many people where very angry.

but hey we did it :P

love to have you too.

your paintings always help me to reach the natural high.

visions start to arise when i look at them.

they are magical.

;)

I didn't know the "home listening experience" is so wide spread and more preferred above the actual "party-experience".

221660[/snapback]

Well homelistening was my start and will be my last...

After all the goa elements who crossed my life from parties, knowing people, festivals and more... just listening to the music by my self was there from the beginning and it's the only what's left right about now...

You can get sick of the drugs, sick of the extremely warm crowed parties, too long festivals, boring line ups, hypocriet goa attitude...

but I'll never get sick of the music itself :D , cause I'm a big music fan in life & not only goa so ;)

• 6 months later...

I stopped being a dj at home, never played at a party... so...

there's goes my contribution...

but I still review a lot :)

and I'm going back to goaparties agian so my contribution changed a lot since the topic started :blink:

i started out as a home listener

turned into a wild party stomper

started to make deko and made quite a few

then started dj ing cause there were not many in my home country and i was missing goatarnce being played

then started throwing out parties, for the exact same reason the old goa vibe i loved, the true FREE party spirit

i do whatever i can but i do all of them keeping in mind that whatever i do, i try to share the beauty i felt in my heart . I felt this before but i experienced and understood it in Goatrance and now i am giving it back to the scene. I feel happy cause i nearly started/developed a scene in my country with my fellow friends and the vibe we built is the vibe we wanted to, truely positive, stomping, fluoro acidheads reign in our parties :D

i started out as a home listener

turned into a wild party stomper

started to make deko and made quite a few

then started dj ing cause there were not many in my home country and i was missing goatarnce being played

then started throwing out parties, for the exact same reason the old goa vibe i loved, the true FREE party spirit

i do whatever i can but i do all of them keeping in mind that whatever i do, i try to share the beauty i felt in my heart . I felt this before but i experienced and understood it in Goatrance and now i am giving it back to the scene. I feel happy cause i nearly started/developed a scene in my country with my fellow friends and the vibe we built is the vibe we wanted to, truely positive, stomping, fluoro acidheads reign in our parties :D

323757[/snapback]

kewl!!!

from what i had heard greece had a great goascene around 5+ years ago but i was too young back then and now it's mostly full-on played :[

i hope goa is re-born, just like it sorta happened in belgium

I'm learning about DJing and playing from time to time, organizing parties, developing regional goa-related web-site [cuBe].

But what I'm most proud of - I'm trying to bring and to show psychedelic culture to other nice, intelligent, creative and interesting people, now there's like 10 of them :D Some are starting to produce music, some are designing fluoro-clothes and paiting UV-paitings.

Psy isn't that developed here, it's just the beggining so I want to turn the evolution into the right direction cuz I don't want it to look the russian way (=> 10 000 people at Skazi concert) and I'm quite happy with the results - people tell me they don't like boring full on, they want oldschool goa all the way =]

Not Goa artist specifically, more of melodic ambient type style. I consider myself a pretty talented musician, so who knows, maybe a nu-skool goa project from me? Firstly though comes the melodic ambient. :)

Oh and I'm a major poster on a certain psy forum ;)

220857[/snapback]

this one i do too :)

and i think sometimes i'm not doing bad either. haha.

psynews has helped promoting quite a few artists, and i'd like to think that if we weren't here .. you know ... it would have been aaaa liiiittle different.

lately i'm making short reviews .. but just for promotional reasons. i'm not a "pro".

ok .. there aren't many parties happening in Transilvania ... the scene is small & underground. i will not call myself a party organiser ... let's say i helped organise a couple of parties (and i am still planning to do it in the future even if it means more responsability and less party :D).

i was a festival organiser this summer though. and i am proud of myself for that. yes.

if i had money --> a sound system --> cdj, generator, lights, deco .. then i'd definitely be a party organiser, as i have a nice private location in the mountains.

i may become a dj in the future, who knows .. some people even encourage me. the scene in my area needs djs too.

some nice djs promised to teach me what all those buttons do, hahaha. and i will hold them to their promise!

i'm a listener and a party animal.

Yes yes yes =)

324802[/snapback]

Don't get TOO excited though, I really want to release my solo ambient stuff first. I would probably have to hook up with another producer if I were to start producing goa... (I have tried and I find it difficult doing it alone)