Do you think SHAKTA can make something similar?

MIT

I love it (as well as much of the old stuff from Shakta), but I don't think you'll ever hear something similar from him.

I am personally a huge fan of Seb Taylor, and I find him one of the few really big goa/psy artists from that time, who has continued to develop his sound and test new things, both with Shakta and his sideprojects Digitalis and Kaya Project. The Shakta latest album “Feed The Flame” is a wonderful mature progressive house/trance album (CD2 with the old singles is also a gem), and I suggest you go pick it up, even though it’s very different from the “Silicon Trip” days.

if you are talking about the DEEDRAH remix, you will like that track :

Lucy in space with diamonds - [Emerald city] - 04 -Stars comes out at night, Emerald city is the album, released in 2003, the synths in it really remind me the Lepton head DEEDRAH remix! Enjoy!

I also love Shakta, but everything until Out Of Sight album. When I heard that album first I thought it wasn't his own, it was so impossible. He made chill album and he could have released it as some other name than Shakta we know. I haven't heard whole of the last album but I didn't like the style. But his previous two albums : SILICON TRIP and ENLIGHTENED APE were great same stands for numerous great singles : FOXGLOVE, AMBER MANTRA, MICRONESIA, COSMIC TRIGGER, INDRA'S NET, etc. His other project DIGITALIS and album THE THIRD STATE was also very good freestyle breakbeat trance but he also released as SOMATON - FUTURE MEMORIES, another perfect psychedelic biological trance album. I actually don't like his other project, ambient one, ANGEL TEAFRS...too mainstream for my taste. So, I am sure he is not going to release more of that perfect melodic stuff, like so many other pioneers that got a little bit fancy with their talent...

Deedrah's Remix to Lepton Head is probably in my top 10 psy tracks list....

I haven't ofcourse discoered all the psy scene has to offer, but at the moment .. yes, Lepton Head Rmx fits there. Awesome stuff.

BTW - to all trance gurus out there - is that track goa or psyy or some other splinter genre :huh: ?

100% agree with Ormion. How can such a good artist produce such boring tracks these days??? Luckily he has some more interesting side projects...

Also I actually found Lepton Head to get old REALLY fast. It's one of those tracks which grab you by the balls the first time you hear it but gets lamer and lamer as you listen to it again... IMO the Deedrah remix is 100 times better

100% agree with Ormion. How can such a good artist produce such boring tracks these days??? Luckily he has some more interesting side projects...

Also I actually found Lepton Head to get old REALLY fast. It's one of those tracks which grab you by the balls the first time you hear it but gets lamer and lamer as you listen to it again... IMO the Deedrah remix is 100 times better

218115[/snapback]

i agree deedrah remix is better, but that track sadly also get boring pretty quick.. the arrangement is nothing to gasp in awe at..it is not as intruiging as some of the pleiadians tracks, or as psychedelic as some of simons stuff. still the melodies and the "sound" is mindblowing, thus its one of my fav trax anyway ;)

The track is start to be boring if you listen it again and again, but every music need some time for relax(think you are listen that track every day in 98 and 99)

Also IMO melody is basicly same in original and DEEDRAH rmx. Anyway certanly one of all time best.

Now we have to search someone new inside :)

Cities of the future?

• 2 weeks later...

Lepton head is one of my all times fav song and i realy dream to hear something new and similar. Do you think it's possible?

217776[/snapback]

Pleiadians - Head Spin has some similarities with Lepton Head remix. There is a melody with quite the same sound as in Lepton Head.

Pleiadians - Head Spin has some similarities with Lepton Head remix. There is a melody with quite the same sound as in Lepton Head.

221194[/snapback]

Can't remember this

221493[/snapback]

He was talking about the Deedrah remix of Lepton head. HeadSpin got nothin similar with Lepton head original, but perhaps more similarities with the deedrah remix, yes it's psychedelic as possible, but it's much more twisted! Perhaps some synthlines are similar, i have to hear it again...