Infected Mushroom'ish

ensign

Do you all know of any albums/songs that are similar in style to Infected Mushroom's songs "Dancing with Kadafi" & "The Missed Symphony" (from BP Empire and Classical Mushroom respectively)? I really like how there are so many different sounding themes/melodies within these two songs, and have been unable to find music like it.

thanks,

ben

they are unique (and my favourite IM songs too)! But there are some groups that try to make music in the classical mushroom style... Check out

Talpa - The Art of Being None

maybe you should also check Beat Hacker album and Misted Muppets, all the same style, but none reaches the same level I think...

they are unique (and my favourite IM songs too)! But there are some groups that try to make music in the classical mushroom style... Check out

maybe you should also check Beat Hacker album and Misted Muppets, all the same style, but none reaches the same level I think...

215429[/snapback]

yup. ;)

Those two tracks are down-tempo if I remember right. If you look for similar tracks then try out The Messenger by Jörg on Mushroom. It's a collaboration between Infected Mushroom and DJ Jörg from Shiva Space Technology. It's a bit similar to Lost Symphony.

sweet...thanks, ben. they actually have that Space Mantra compilation at PsyShop, so i'm good to go. I went to that shiva space technology website and listened to the crap-quality real media sample they have of that song, and it is definitely awesome. I still need to get an album from Misted Muppets and Talpa.

Thanks again for the help guys, you rock

-ensign (btw, my real name is ben, hehe)

215429[/snapback]

Agree on Talpa. Disagree on Beat Crackers and Missed Puppets. The first ones are horrible and the second ones are boring and uninspired copycats.

Talpa def owns. Amazing album.

The "Mushies" have nothing to do with Astrix. I can t figure it out how you can reach that opinion. listen to bp empire and listen to astrix eye 2 eye....

Imo completely different

Btw mushies till bp empire r great.

Astrix till Kali is great :P

Talpa is very IMish.

Especially his track Flybeereligion is 100% IM style.

And The Misted Muppet also but more full on-ish.

Of course nothing can be compared to Dancing With Kadafi.

Only Motzart can do better than this (Uh,well if he was still alive ;) )

he you mean "Shidapu", i remember those tracks "in dream"  :o  and

..."diffusion" :D, Erez was very involved in the whole album called [shidapu : The Light Of Shidapu], old school ...

216089[/snapback]

:o Sorry.. yes i ment Shidapu :D And the tracks like, Skywalker. Wicked sounds in that track. I love the old Erez indeed. For me it makes sence that Duvdev and Astrix are brainwashing the poor kid to make plastic music now. :blink:

btw

Into The Matrix

btw2

I downloaded a track last night called "GMS & Infected - Deathe Killer" (it says deathe and not death)

It sounded very like old infected (like the track Twisted) with the old sound of GMS. And it said unreleased. Is there any one here that knows this track and can confirm that it is real/fake?

-thank you :)

Of course nothing can be compared to Dancing With Kadafi.

Only Motzart can do better than this (Uh,well if he was still alive ;)  )

216064[/snapback]

thats what i dont get...i listen to the quality of that tune from IM, and im still blown away by it, it is really, really,really good. even my dad likes it its that good. (my dad doesnt listen to psytrance btw). and then.....converting vegetarians....im the supervisor....2 (or 3) cd;s of utter crap...? how does the quality of your tunes DEcrease?....sorry i better stop before this turns into an IM bashing session again...

BP empire is my favorite CD of infected. i still listen to it often, but nothing after that. even though i have all their cd's i only listen to classical and bp empire. it just went downhill after that...

yeah, i agree overdose about the quality of kadafi... it's definitely one of those songs that people who are intimidated by electronica outside the realm of pop-crap can truly enjoy. i just started listening to converting vegetarians and have yet to really get into it. After just one listening of Classical Mushroom, I was hooked. It was depressing afterwards to find out how much IM has changed, and that I didn't have more of that to look forward to. i downloaded IM the Supervisor, and about halfway through the first song, the part where these horrible vocals come in, i started laughing (and crying inside) at HOW AWFUL the music has become... and promptly turned it off. I just wish I hadn't missed the boat for IM and went to see them live in their heyday. looking forward to my Talpa CD's arrival.

-ensign

ensign i know what u mean...

can't stand those horrible vocals either.. they make me cringe..

btw don't expect to hear much IM in talpa...

it's got some similar melodies, but not as good as infected.

I got the last album and was pretty disappointed... i mean the guy is talented, no doubt, but people should stop comparing it to old infected mushroom.. same goes for misted muppet...

there is nothing that sounds like the gathering or classical mushroom..

i mean the guy (talpa)  is talented, no doubt, but people should stop comparing it to old infected mushroom.. same goes for misted muppet...

there is nothing that sounds like the gathering or classical mushroom..

216632[/snapback]

It is in the spirit of.. It is simular to.. It is "inspired" by.. :)

talpa and Misted Muippet are both (old) IM like music you know,

and have you ever heard Shidapu? (erez) :)

I would definitily go for talpa...

beat hackers they uses IM style but combined with the fullon forumula all the way... misted muppets has no connection at all with infected mushroom IHMO...

still what is a connection :rolleyes: ... for the rest infected mushroom has created unique albums and looking for that typical same satisfaction will only create dissapointment... sorry to say that :(

well... talpa arrived and I agree that it along the same lines as IM, and yet is not the same. so far i've probably listened through it 5 or so times, and i am really digging it. I also got "The Messenger" song off of the space mantra compilation.. too bad the rest of the compilation isn't as good as that track (but hard to judge b\c i listened to that track first).

the messenger is awesome... i really dig the piano parts as well as the slowed-down melody that starts @ 8:01.

i dont know if any of you guys are video games, but one reason i've fallen for mushroom-ish stuff is that some of the melodies are similar to music found in the castlevania series of games. video game themes (good ones) were one of the reasons i was initially attracted to electronic music... unfortunately, listening to the music in most games is like being stuck in an elevator for hours listening to kenny G playing sax (which i can by all rights make fun of, because i played sax for 6 or so years)..ugh

-ensign

well... talpa arrived and I agree that it along the same lines as IM, and yet is not the same.  so far i've probably listened through it 5 or so times, and i am really digging it.  I also got "The Messenger" song off of the space mantra compilation.. too bad the rest of the compilation isn't as good as that track (but hard to judge b\c i listened to that track first).

the messenger is awesome...  i really dig the piano parts as well as the slowed-down melody that starts @ 8:01.

i dont know if any of you guys are video games, but one reason i've fallen for mushroom-ish stuff is that some of the melodies are similar to music found in the castlevania series of games.  video game themes (good ones) were one of the reasons i was initially attracted to electronic music... unfortunately, listening to the music in most games is like being stuck in an elevator for hours listening to kenny G playing sax (which i can by all rights make fun of, because i played sax for 6 or so years)..ugh

-ensign

217871[/snapback]

There is a guy that works with me and he likes to piss me off with Kenny G's remake of My heart will go on. If i didn't like the guy or if he hadn't 2 daughters to raise i'd probably waste a perfectly well working oscilloscope on his face.

Hate this Blond, Silent Michael Bolton clone. I promise he wouldn't survive an encounter with me in a dark ally.

And man, i'm glad you're enjoying Talpa. Fucking A album.