shpongle & samples.

gusc

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anything paco de lucia should be fookin' proud that he can hear his own playing on a shpongle album

LOL...i doubt he is a shpongle fanatic and appreciate it very much.

So if I get your logic right, it's ok to take someones music and sell it as your own for money, but to download mp3 is stealing?

Couldn't agree less.

i don't get the fuzz either. it's just a fucking intro to the masterpiece si & raj created....  ....some of you are terrible whiners.. no offence..

212673[/snapback]

100% true :)

& btw: don't know if this was already mentioned but isn't there a law that you can sample any track or song for free without asking if the sample isn't longer then 9 second ???? can be wrong but remembered something like that...

212643[/snapback]

anyone going to reply to that ???

100% true  :)

anyone going to reply to that ???

212710[/snapback]

Nope the law says that if the sample is regionisable then you need permission. It dosent matter how long or short it is.

I dont agree that people whine. They debate and express their opinion.

And they dont put Simon on a piedestal as you do Traveller ;)

i don't get the fuzz either. it's just a fucking intro to the masterpiece si & raj created.. if anything paco de lucia should be fookin' proud that he can hear his own playing on a shpongle album. what goes for my head feels like a frisbee. c'mon you've never heard that melody before? it's not a rip off to use it you know. it's like "happy birthday" song.. and have you ever heard it better than on the shpongle album, i sure haven't! some of you are terrible whiners.. no offence..

212673[/snapback]

Maybe Paco de Lucia doesn't agree with you and considering it's his song......

I'm assuming he has permission to use it of course give the popularity of both Shpongle AND de Lucia, I'm sure it's come to his attention (of course, I have no idea...and there are always these funny laws everyone is speaking of...who knows.)

That "melody" you speak of isn't so recognizable...probably sounds similar to things you've heard because you aren't that familar with latin jazz? Much in the same way House and Psytrance sounds the same to someone who likes only Britney Spears or something.

Like I said............no......perspective.........

Nope the law says that if the sample is regionisable then you need permission. It dosent matter how long or short it is.

I dont agree that people whine. They debate and express their opinion.

And they dont put Simon on a piedestal as you do Traveller ;)

212718[/snapback]

Word.

some brazilian carnival thingy or smth  :P

212700[/snapback]

you dont even know yourself?

have i missed something or didnt you just said that almost everyone should recognize this song?

brazillian carnival thingie? in which track?

AFAIK the only track with brazillian carnival thingie is Star Sphongled Banner, more towards the end...

whick track are you talking about?

his talking about the "samba" part in my head feels like a frisbee. i gotta say that i've also heard this part in many places. of course i only started to notice it after i heard it in shpongle, but it definitely is a song that comes across often..

i'm not commenting anything else in this thread because like some others, i don't really care whether they use samples or not as long as it sounds good. and i'm sure that if they're using parts from other people's songs, they have a permission for it.

brazillian carnival thingie? in which track?

AFAIK the only track with brazillian carnival thingie is Star Sphongled Banner, more towards the end...

whick track are you talking about?

212773[/snapback]

I'd guess the end of DMT (russian bootleg mix)...

if its the ´my head feels like a frisbee´, I tell you its neither samba nor Brazillian... thats much more ´latino´, like ´salsa and merengue´....

simon vs mozart? you have to live in psytrance glass bubble to believe that one. Comeon, i cant stand mozart but mozart made hundreds of compositions... simon has made a few albums and psy may be complex compared to other trance but hardly to a full symphony.

in reality almost no one knows who simon is outside the trance scene. i highly doubt 200 years from now anyone will even remember "trance" itself.

He actually wrote well over a thousand (that we know of...) and his transcripts had little or no corrections; that is, most of the pieces were completely IN HIS HEAD before they touched paper...he was an AMAZING person. Really, if you haven't read much about Mozart then I suggest you do, regardless of what you think of his music. He was quite an enigma, one of a kind...

Simon is fucking awesome but it's just lack of knowledge that creates these sort of opinions...there are plenty of talented producers out there to match Simon's skills, IMO. Bill Laswell comes to mind...Richard James...both of whom I don't like nearly as much as most of Simon's stuff.

SIMON POSFORD IS NUMBER ONE GENIUS OF PSYCHODELIC GOA TRANSE MUSIC AND MOZART OF MODERN TIMEZ!!! MOZART MUSIC WAS ONLY SOUNDZ FROM ORDININARY INSTRUMENTZ AND HALLUCINOGENIUS MUSIC IS FROM DMT AND RAJA RAMS FLUTE AND SAMPLEZ OF ALIEN WORDZ AND WORLDZ!!! ONLY POEPLE WITH ADVANCID PSYCHODELIC EXPERIANCE CAN UNDERSTAND SHPONGLE MUSIC BEAUTY AND COMPLEXITRY!!!

GOA TRANSEND PSYCHODELIC TRANSE FOREVER!!! PLUR!!!

Disclaimer: This post is a joke.

SIMON POSFORD IS NUMBER ONE GENIUS OF PSYCHODELIC GOA TRANSE MUSIC AND MOZART OF MODERN TIMEZ!!! MOZART MUSIC WAS ONLY SOUNDZ FROM ORDININARY INSTRUMENTZ AND HALLUCINOGENIUS MUSIC IS FROM DMT AND RAJA RAMS FLUTE AND SAMPLEZ OF ALIEN WORDZ AND WORLDZ!!! ONLY POEPLE WITH ADVANCID PSYCHODELIC EXPERIANCE CAN UNDERSTAND SHPONGLE MUSIC BEAUTY AND COMPLEXITRY!!!

GOA TRANSEND PSYCHODELIC TRANSE FOREVER!!! PLUR!!!

Disclaimer: This post is a joke.

213049[/snapback]

Why dont you go and do some more DMT/hallucinogens mate ;) Utter Balony!

The fanatic elitist attitude strike again! Without any knowledge about what you talk about you've managed to Make Mr. Posford way more intelligent and genious than the dull Mr.lMotzart. I salute you!

PS ! Once Raja flayed the flute in front of me I suddently was on a Alien planet dancing in the dust with trillions of small aliens in fluro dresses who all spoke Urdu to me. But we did not have to communicate on a physical level because we all did something from a sponge and suddently we all knew the higher truth about his flute. It vibrated. It was awsome man!

I am special and one of the choosen ones. The rest of you are on a lower level and don't know anything. You are not worthy of Simon's genious and Raja's sensual flute!

Hey EP, notice the last sentance of my post?

It says:

THIS POST IS A JOKE!!!

Noone understands irony on this forum.

213057[/snapback]

Come on now dont you think my post wasen't a joke too? I tried to be very ironic ;)

But I admit I did not notice that joke warning :)

Yes you did a very good job there. Even got me going LOL