shpongle & samples.

gusc

ITS MUSIC. an artform. a way to express yourself. its creativity. not just like start furnishing a room to get some kind of mood and feeling.

212283[/snapback]

woooooooow the moral crusaders ahead...who are you to tell simon what to do... music is an artform, a way to express yourself, creativity... that's what you think and so shall it be oooooooooh master of the psychedelic world... normally I don't envolve in such a discussions but you are overreacting to much... respect your opinion but don't like it all <_< ... Everybody creates music from it's own perspective and you've got yours and other have theres... end of story...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon was member of Infinity PrOject too? Didn't know that. I'm happy to discover it, Infinity Project is for me one of the best ambient projects.

212339[/snapback]

He was not a member of The Infinity Project. He just participated on the CD. And as someone noticed. Graham which happens to be a old friend of mine was indeed the brain behind that project.

woooooooow the moral crusaders ahead...who are you to tell simon what to do... music is an artform, a way to express yourself, creativity... that's what you think and so shall it be oooooooooh master of the psychedelic world...

212495[/snapback]

at least im reacting in a respectable way. you are taunting me when you are growling your "oooooohh"s and "wooooow"s, and thats quite enough for me to not discuss this with you.

so what? he took some boring guitars and made a masterpiece....

212463[/snapback]

Yes, one of the greatest flamenco guitarists in the world "boring"...I bet that's what Simon thought before he used it in his song..."hey this is 'boring', hmmm, I think I'll use it!" Get real...

This is why I can hardly stand this scene anymore...no perspective.

Yes, one of the greatest flamenco guitarists in the world "boring"...I bet that's what Simon thought before he used it in his song..."hey this is 'boring', hmmm, I think I'll use it! Get real...

212501[/snapback]

i agree totally.

this god or not-discussion is running in circles.

i personally dont care about the samples. but i cant drop the thing that 50 seconds of PACO DE LUCIA is in the song 'around the world in a tea daze'.

i mailed simon yesterday. i hope he is going to answer me.

212456[/snapback]

perhaps he should name the track (hallucinogen cover) or tribute to PACO DE LUCIA or something ;) then it would have been more respectable.. i agree that this and frisbee is a dissapointment.. still simon has talent so i wonder why he stole this...

i hope the last track bedtime story in younger brother is simon and not a sample :P

perhaps he should name the track (hallucinogen cover) or tribute to PACO DE LUCIA or something  ;) then it would have been more respectable.. i agree that this and frisbee is a dissapointment.. still simon has talent so i wonder why he stole this...

i hope the last track bedtime story in younger brother is simon and not a sample :P

212526[/snapback]

yeah. or safety zone. damn that effect-solo or what it is there. i get totally freaked when listening to it.

but thats not a guitar. but still. :) if he does those improvisation-solo's or what it is.. he is a bit of a melodiagenious.

Yes, one of the greatest flamenco guitarists in the world "boring"...I bet that's what Simon thought before he used it in his song..."hey this is 'boring', hmmm, I think I'll use it!" Get real...

212501[/snapback]

I coudn't agree more!

it has nothing to do if he is the best, i agree it's a nice melody but it's just guitars....nothing else...it's boring...it doesn't change my mood...

212537[/snapback]

Okay, is it boring because its just guitar? What if it was just piano? Or just violin?

What if it was just one synthesizer patch?

If it isn't boring just because it is just guitar then have you heard any OTHER Paco de Lucia?

What if he had used a song by him that isn't "boring"? Would it be less acceptable in that case?

Is something boring just because it doesn't change your mood?

So many questions...

Okay, is it boring because its just guitar? What if it was just piano? Or just violin?

What if it was just one synthesizer patch?

If it isn't boring just because it is just guitar then have you heard any OTHER Paco de Lucia?

What if he had used a song by him that isn't "boring"? Would it be less acceptable in that case?

212545[/snapback]

dude relax...it's my opinion..if you don't like it shoot me....

just piano = boring

just violin = it isn't...violin rules

just one synthesizer patch = boring

no ...but i don't speak about paco de lucia...i'm not saying that HE is boring....

Shpongle use it as an intro...it's not the main part of the track.....relax...

Is something boring just because it doesn't change your mood?

212545[/snapback]

yes it is...from now on everyone will ask me if a track changes my mood...and if i say yes and only then we will accept it...else we will say that it's boring...because everyone cares about my opinion....

dude relax...it's my opinion..if you don't like it shoot me....

just piano = boring

just violin = it isn't...violin rules

just one synthesizer patch = boring

no ...but i don't speak about paco de lucia...i'm not saying that HE is boring....

Shpongle use it as an intro...it's not the main part of the track.....relax...

yes it is...from now on everyone will ask me if a track changes my mood...and if i say yes and only then we will accept it...else we will say that it's boring...because everyone cares about my opinion....

212546[/snapback]

What do you mean relax? What makes you think I'm not relaxed :P

I'm just challenging your perspective...I think it's really quite a valuable thing to have done to one's self hahah

Do you want me to show you some boring violin stuff? I can find some I'm sure...as well as I'm sure I could probably find some piano or guitar music that you find not so boring...

Anyway...what I said about this scene having no perspective.....well...yea..

at least im reacting in a respectable way. you are taunting me when you are growling your "oooooohh"s and "wooooow"s, and thats quite enough for me to not discuss this with you.

212500[/snapback]

:D:D:D ...

oeps didn't know that a little bit ironic was confirmed as a non respectable way... you are very emotional ;) my friend... just teasing... I mean you no harm :) ...

bye

:D  :D  :D ...

oeps didn't know that a little bit ironic was confirmed as a non respectable way... you are very emotional  ;) my friend... just teasing... I mean you no harm  :) ...

bye

212600[/snapback]

ha-ha. first of all, its very easy being ironic afterwards.

second, has my reaction anything to do with your taunting? no, it doesnt. i cant take anyone serious having that picture of yours.

and like i said in my last message, im not the one quote'ing hysterical about things and writing pubertal WOOOOOOHHH's.

take care.

anyone know if simon had permission using the ripped artistsamples (not the sample cds) in frisbee and tea daze?

212621[/snapback]

what artist has he ripped in frisbee?

what artist has he ripped in frisbee?

212631[/snapback]

i dunno but i heard from another forum it was from

Ella Fitzgerald - How High the Moon ..

what really struck me, one day @ work i was listening

to the radio and suddenly i heard a tune that both music and the

singing was exactly like the shpongle track!

i was a bit dissapointed with frisbee after i heard this.. c_c ..

ha-ha. first of all, its very easy being ironic afterwards.

second, has my reaction anything to do with your taunting? no, it doesnt. i cant take anyone serious having that picture of yours.

and like i said in my last message, im not the one quote'ing hysterical about things and writing pubertal WOOOOOOHHH's.

take care.

212629[/snapback]

you really don't get the picture here don't you... If it's really that fake to use samples & you must create them... why don't you If it's all that easy... I don't see you releasing any psychedelic ambient !!!!! Why because it ain't that easy to create what simon does... that's why... It's is not simon that is fake by using samples but it is you that preciously have been living in a cave... One of the biggest marks of psychedelic trance/ambient since the beginning until now is using samples and making them psychedelic... to create a story...

When I heard for the first time the sphongle release I directly new he sampled a lot cause every goa- artist does and always will...

this is like the most redicilous discussion I ever red on this forum & that's why I was so ironic in my post reply's... and If you can't deal with it... your problem... :P

& btw: don't know if this was already mentioned but isn't there a law that you can sample any track or song for free without asking if the sample isn't longer then 9 second ???? can be wrong but remembered something like that...

reading your post again says that you were everything but ironic.

but whatever. ive lost the energy on you. stick to your banal point of music-viewing. i dont mind.

i don't get the fuzz either. it's just a fucking intro to the masterpiece si & raj created.. if anything paco de lucia should be fookin' proud that he can hear his own playing on a shpongle album. what goes for my head feels like a frisbee. c'mon you've never heard that melody before? it's not a rip off to use it you know. it's like "happy birthday" song.. and have you ever heard it better than on the shpongle album, i sure haven't! some of you are terrible whiners.. no offence..

i don't get the fuzz either. it's just a fucking intro to the masterpiece si & raj created.. if anything paco de lucia should be fookin' proud that he can hear his own playing on a shpongle album. what goes for my head feels like a frisbee. c'mon you've never heard that melody before? it's not a rip off to use it you know. it's like "happy birthday" song.. and have you ever heard it better than on the shpongle album, i sure haven't! some of you are terrible whiners.. no offence..

212673[/snapback]

what song is the melody from then?