6. MY KINGDOM

7. MAX

8. ANTIQUE TOY

9. QUAGMIRE/IN A STATE OF PERMANENT ABYSS

10. GLASS

11. YAGE

12. VIT DROWNING/ THROUGH YOUR GILLS I BREATHE

13. FIRST DEATH IN THE FAMILY

Here is one of the best ambient/electronica releases ever. This beautifully structured journey through post apocalyptic Earth is among most quality produced, drug induced psychedelic experiences. Famous duo, Garry Cobain and Brian Dougans made this masterpiece after 2 great masterpieces Lifeforms and ISDN. Their first album Accelerator was stunning album but surely no classic. They developed certain, original sound that fixated them in the hall of most prominent electronica producers ever. After this album, they quit making music for some time and came back with less than average The Isness which is by any means their weakest effort to date.

This album was completely new approach to electronic music combining all of the quailites they could use out of various genres in music : from deep, housey rhythms, over dark ambiental and thru hard, chaotic structures. Every song is piece of artistry here, without any exception. Their usage of alien sounds, twisted pads and melancholic melodies really clashed here and through insanely trippy production and feel gave the best ambient album of all time. Lifeforms and ISDN are no exceptions since they are ultimately trippy and psychedelic as well. Those 3 albums give great feel of trilogy and I cannot separate them. This album is like a finish of this wonderful trilogy...Simply amazing. Favourites: ALL...11/10

Well, alpha this is in some way psy ambient and why not to post reviews about quality non psy music ? People should know about any good electronic music that at least have something in common with 'our' genre. This and other 2 albums by FSOL can surely be seen as psy ambient. ;)

In my opinion, FSOL is far trippier than all but a very few "psy-ambient" releases. So yeah, it definitely fits.

Awesomely great CD. Personally I like Lifeforms a little more (more organic and less post-apocalyptic) but they're all masterpieces, indeed.

@Chris : They released new album called The Isness that is completely dissapointing. It is like neo hippy bland music with few romantic melodies, pathetic pads and good usage of sitar. There are songs with silly guitar and hideous singing. I couldn't believe they actually released this album. But they released it under Amorphous Androgynous project...4/10 for The Isness

@Chris : They released new album called The Isness that is completely dissapointing. It is like neo hippy bland music with few romantic melodies, pathetic pads and good usage of sitar. There are songs with silly guitar and hideous singing. I couldn't believe they actually released this album. But they released it under Amorphous Androgynous project...4/10 for The Isness

206357[/snapback]

hey Isness is not bad.Its just a different style.Try listening to it like listening to something else.its not bad!and i dont think it was dissapointing.from

dead cities to isness they had 6 years of various experiences,one of them had some psychic illness i think...and he spent a lot of time in india...anyway they had a psychedelic rock flashback...

great album indeed, but i don't really know about posting reviews about this type of music here. why don't we just focus on psy/psy-ambient, cause that's what this site's always been about.

205690[/snapback]

This is exactly the reason why "psychedelic" trance and "psychedelic" ambient are so lame these days. Look past the boundaries of genre and label and you will find lots of great psychedelic music.

This is exactly the reason why "psychedelic" trance and "psychedelic" ambient are so lame these days. Look past the boundaries of genre and label and you will find lots of great psychedelic music.

206639[/snapback]

Agreed. I see no reason why people can't post reviews about non-psychedelic music in here, it can actually be a nice break when you get tired of listening to the same genre all the time. Personally I think your reviews are very interesting seraph, keep them coming! :)

Agreed. I see no reason why people can't post reviews about non-psychedelic music in here, it can actually be a nice break when you get tired of listening to the same genre all the time. Personally I think your reviews are very interesting seraph, keep them coming!  :)

206762[/snapback]

what you said. although i wouldn't drop acid listneing to this stuff, though. ;)

heh the "psy" guys r demanding 100% "psy-trance/psy ambient" reviews like the 67575th topic for the third shpongle alboum or when simon posford piss or when raja ram went to sleep...COME ON GUYS fsol is pure p s y c h e d e l i a and their musik 's many many years in the future...(no "psy" fans i dont mean your favourite "cities of the future",chill...) also FSOL musik never become ridicilous as some psy projects nowdays...u know them...HATS OFF!

b~ware the 'blood inside' from the ulverish is on our way!

It's good to have reviews on other genres.

Concerning FSOL albums both Lifeforms and Dead Cities are masterpieces.

Took music ages ahead, and from what I see and hear I doubt that there will be

released anything like that in the following years..

Nice review seraph!!

• 6 months later...

finally wise things are being said.

i personally feel that a lot of the ambient albums being reviewed in this part are very very very psychedelic, fsol and orb on top of it... and a lot of psy ambient releases fit neatly in the 'psy ambient' genre but at the same time aren't psychedelic at all...

future sound of london most definitely is!!! masterpiece indeed and well: if you listen to it now, you will see that it is timeless, in the sense that it could've been made 10 years from now. trippy as hell, this album!

so yeah: its psychedelic! and very psychedelic! pure psychedelicness... :blink::D

heh the "psy" guys r demanding 100% "psy-trance/psy ambient" reviews like the 67575th topic for the third shpongle alboum or when simon posford piss or when raja ram went to sleep...COME ON GUYS fsol is pure p s y c h e d e l i a and their musik 's many many years in the future...(no "psy" fans i dont mean your favourite "cities of the future",chill...) also FSOL musik never become ridicilous as some psy projects nowdays...u know them...HATS OFF!

b~ware the 'blood inside' from the ulverish is on our way!

206777[/snapback]

well said :)

dloading it atm ....

dloading it atm ....

297651[/snapback]

:huh:

You didn't have this gold before ?

Huh, have a GREAT trip then man !

You sure will !

Be careful to listen alone, stoned or something, not while you are on internet...trust me...

;)

• 3 weeks later...

:huh:

You didn't have this gold before ?

Huh, have a GREAT trip then man !

You sure will !

Be careful to listen alone, stoned or something, not while you are on internet...trust me...

;)

297676[/snapback]

Heheheh.. i did not have it neither!

Well.. i downloaded it now, gotta listen to it now then !

My Kingdom is soooooo good..... in every detail... haunting, bombastic, subtle and beautiful all in one track..... the unique sounds and samples and the cool, weird melodies and they all fit together. AWESOME. This is the shit.

310274[/snapback]

It is not exactly unique since in that track they used Morricone melody from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly... :rolleyes:

if you're talking about the vocals they're from Vangelis - Rachel's Song (Blade Runner) :)

well anyway it's a cool combination of sounds and samples

315334[/snapback]

It's not exactly the same, FSOL have one different tone and it makes all the difference, My Kingdom is a masterpiece while the Vangelis 'original' is just good.