Shpongle - Nothing Lasts

kabamaru

Cinos, DubTrees -NatureNeverDidBetrayTheHeartThatLovedHer. Is quite amazing.

It's cold, scary, sometimes playful. Very quality album. If you loved the Yeti albums then I highly recommend this one ;)

" report from the people Simon stayed with in SF says that the new album sounds alot like the first album did"

Oh I wish I was one of those people.

I thought the 1st half of Beija Flor was almost like AreYou? album. then the 2nd half was like Inexpressable.

I cannot imagine it being better then the 1st album though? Better then a few tracks maybe. But overall?? Ill just blow my load!

I cannot imagine it being better then the 1st album though? Better then a few tracks maybe. But overall?? Ill just blow my load!

203253[/snapback]

I think it could... after all, it IS the last Shpongle album. And they should end it with a huge crescendo of what it began with... just whoah. I'll preorder it immediately when it is possible. I haven't even heard Beija Floor yet, and if that track is half as good as people say. :blink:

Younger brother turned out quite bad. thats why im not looking forward to the Eat static one. Is it pure psy? or chill?

203368[/snapback]

i've heard a bit of one track and that track is 4 on the floor.. expect something.. different and experimental!

as for younger brother it was THE release of 2003!! ^_^

I think that no matter when they released it, people will still buy it no matter the content. Shpongle became synonym for trippy ambient and I bet everyone will get it, no matter when. I just truly hope there won't be more of the Beja Flor non sense on this album. That song could have been better but Raja Ram ruined it at the end. It just sounded too disco/samba for my taste. Where is the trippiness ? I hope well for the album.

It just sounded too disco/samba for my taste. Where is the trippiness ?

203444[/snapback]

way too much samba. If they included some trippy riff i think it would have been alright. Or maybe some more weird voices.

However my only complaint is that the track is too long. The beginning drags on a bit, and so does the end.

My mate Peacefrog/Tantra mentioned this - can't wait for the release (eventually :rolleyes: lol)...If it's any thing like Shpongled which I played to death (along with stashbag) - well as I say - can't wait..

As for it being the last? Who knows but best to leave on a high than on a downer IMHO..

Nomad

" I heard Simon play some of the new stuff at Earthcore and we are all in for a treat."

I came in here to tell you guys about that! TOWER, are you in Melbourne?

I went to the Earthcore Afterparty last night.

IT WAS SO F****KN AMAZING! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Simon was aweosome, peoples throats were hurting from the screams!

He played Beija Flor, after that he played a few other tracks which sounded shponglish but you can never tell if its from 'nothing lasts'

It's so hard to remember but here

Description:

-One track was very drumNbassy type (like the begining of BeijaFlor)

-It had happy lyrics or chants which were quite trippy.

-Behind it was a bit of which sounded like Raja's flute.

-There was also a sound which was much like the long violin type sound in "...Blissful Awareness"

-Then there was an Indian flute which repeated itself many times. The tune went on for around 8 seconds.

-Overall very heavy in the drums.

I met RAJA!!!! He was so fun to talk to! I gave him a huge hug and we took some photos together. DAMN IT!! I just realised i forgot to ask about how 'nothing lasts' was coming along! :huh::o

After that Eat Static came up which was completely nuts!!! :D

One of the best nights of my life thats for sure. Highlight: meeting Raja :lol:

EDIT: OH WAIT!! I was just taking another look through NL tracklist, and I think the track i mentioned above is "When shall i be free" !! It feels like ive heard those lyrics in the song. I could be wrong

Hey Matt,

just finished shpongle 3... i am very pleased - it is

an extremely 'mature' album, and more psychedelic than

the last one!  it won't be out for a while, as we

haven't even started the artwork yet, and i am away

for 6 weeks.... maybe feb/march....

all the best

simon p.

:)

Does anyone else think its kind of cool that this could be the last album?

I mean it will be kind of lame after calling it "nothing lasts" to bring out something else. That seems to be the perfect ending to shpongle, especially if the last track is some masterpiece(how could it not be?)

Does anyone else think its kind of cool that this could be the last album?

I mean it will be kind of lame after calling it "nothing lasts" to bring out something else. That seems to be the perfect ending to shpongle, especially if the last track is some masterpiece(how could it not be?)

205183[/snapback]

I know that when the cd comes to an end for the very 1st time, I will be in tears.

Is it a good thing that it's ending? Cannot answer yet. Every good thing comes to an end - but it doesnt have to. Hmm