Carbon Based Lifeforms

RTP

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listened to that audio piece a while ago, id rather wait for album and then judge.

623176[/snapback]

audio piece?!?!?

where, where???

ach, you mean this one ... I thought you meant a real big one :P

yeah, you're right though, that one isn't impressive.

but I know CBL ... they are my favourite ambient group, they won't be shit, I know it ... I put my trust in them :)

ach, you mean this one ... I thought you meant a real big one :P

yeah, you're right though, that one isn't impressive.

but I know CBL ... they are my favourite ambient group, they won't be shit, I know it ... I put my trust in them :)

623265[/snapback]

i think it is impressive. i mean.. you DO KNOW what they'll bring to the table in an album release on ultiame.. however, their build-up towards the release is quite different, and quite unique. much respect to CBL for thinking outside the box.

cannot wait for album to hit the streets.

.x

i think it is impressive. i mean.. you DO KNOW what they'll bring to the table in an album release on ultiame.. however, their build-up towards the release is quite different, and quite unique. much respect to CBL for thinking outside the box.

cannot wait for album to hit the streets.

.x

623478[/snapback]

Yeah, I do know ... every Carbon Based Lifeforms track I know (and that is nearly everyone) is great work :)

But the teaser is only presenting such a short excerpt of each track which makes getting into it hard and the experience lacks ... some of them sound indeed quite good, yeah, but overall this thing didn't really kick me off the chair as I expected, you know.

Anyway, I'll wait for the full one :)

I've also heard there's a new Aes Dana coming soon :)

623440[/snapback]

Hey, that's very nice news aswell :)

Hey, that's very nice news aswell :)

623624[/snapback]

It will be called Aes Dana - Ley Lines, will be released early 2007. Info from Scann-Tec/Sundial (Ultimae Records)

... and concerning CBL, there was information that in 2-3 weeks pre-order will be available (from 15.09)

Info from Scann-Tec/Sundial (Ultimae Records)

623842[/snapback]

What is Scann-Tec? Or Sundial? Are those sublabels :huh:

I always thought Aes Dana himself is the head of Ultimae Records...

What is Scann-Tec? Or Sundial? Are those sublabels :huh:

I always thought Aes Dana himself is the head of Ultimae Records...

624356[/snapback]

Scann-Tec & Sundial are artists. They both have very nice tracks on Fahrehait Project 6 & Sundial has a great track on Downbeat Liquid :)

Yeah, I do know ... every Carbon Based Lifeforms track I know (and that is nearly everyone) is great work :)

But the teaser is only presenting such a short excerpt of each track which makes getting into it hard and the experience lacks ... some of them sound indeed quite good, yeah, but overall this thing didn't really kick me off the chair as I expected, you know.

Anyway, I'll wait for the full one :)

623623[/snapback]

that first track in the preview is really something huh? :) i shit my jeans when i heard it.. so incredibly soft and beautiful.

cannot wait!

.x

that first track in the preview is really something huh? :) i shit my jeans when i heard it.. so incredibly soft and beautiful.

cannot wait!

.x

624810[/snapback]

oh hehe, I wasn't so impressed by the first one ... it's not typical CBL for me, you know ... it's too melancholically and calm (I can understand why you like it though, your music is somewhat in that vein, mood-wise)...

I like the third one in the preview a lot more, because it has this characteristical acid synth line that I associate with CBL, nobody else has it in that way ... and the fourth one and especially the fifth one are great ones too - also because they are more in that typical CBL style and yet still something fresh! And also the second last one sounds marvellous too! But the clips are aso short, you know ... can't really concentrate or get into anything here ... I'd need the full thing to really be able to deliver an useful opinion.

I've also heard there's a new Aes Dana coming soon :)

623440[/snapback]

thats the best thing ive heard all day. thank you :D

but its not mentioned on the ultimae website though.. is it?