HAMAS attacks party in southern Israel

Tetrasect

Apparently the Israeli Defence Force are reporting over two hundred dead at the party - a massacre. This must be the darkest day in the history of trance music. Rip and condolences to all the survivors, family, and friends. 😭🙏

They will never stop the music! 

What was a party for peace ended up in a total slaughter. Heartbreaking to hear about this and our thoughts are with those who are injured, killed, those who lost loved ones  and all of them who were there and witnessed this.

I caught this in the public news, where Anoebis gave a short interview. He just left the party when all hell broke loose. *in dutch*.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2023/10/08/getuigenis-vlaamse-dj-muziekfestival-israel/

Horrible stuff coming out now.

Witness accounts describing mass executions of people trying to hide in the bushes.

Video of about a dozen girls in a room fearing for their life with a terrorists shouting at them and shooting a machine gun into the air.

Large tent full of psy tribe members' dead bodies. Some with their hands tied behind their backs. Some with parts of their body burned off.

Absolutely devastating.

My heart goes out to all the friends and family.

A terribly sad day.

Sounds like it was a targeted attack. They cut the power beforehand. Astral Projection, Man With No Name, Spectra Sonics were scheduled to be there. According to some articles 260 bodies were found. 50 terrorists paraglided in. Totally insane

1D3DA238-67E5-42E1-8E22-E64E887A5E75.jpeg

You can’t believe anything the media says. They said 260 bodies. 700 missing. One guy is quoted at the party saying 50 terrorists popped out in vans. But you can’t trust any of it because they just make up quotes a lot of the time

it was a big party though obviously if Astral Projection was supposed to be there. 

They had a huge Buddha statue maybe they’re targeting Buddhist or vedic culture 

13 hours ago, vv303 said:

You can’t believe anything the media says. They said 260 bodies. 700 missing. One guy is quoted at the party saying 50 terrorists popped out in vans. But you can’t trust any of it because they just make up quotes a lot of the time

it was a big party though obviously if Astral Projection was supposed to be there. 

They had a huge Buddha statue maybe they’re targeting Buddhist or vedic culture 

As far as I can tell, 260 is the official number. For now. It was only 120 yesterday.

The party was attended by 4000-5000 people.

Here is what the venue looks like now:

And the terrorists do not care what your philosophy of life is. In other areas not far from the party venue they entered homes and executed families. They executed and kidnapped children and elderly people. But they mostly kidnapped young girls so they can rape them.

They go after the weakest first.

And there is plenty witness testimony. People do not have photographic memories and don't have the habit of "counting" people they see, so saying you "can't trust" a witness that said he saw 50 terrorists come out of vans is an odd thing to say. Expecting some kind of definitively proven count is even stranger.

EDIT: The figure of 260 comes from ZAKA which is the search and rescue organization involved.

There's dashcam footage of these terrorists looting bodies and rooting through bags: thieves as well as mass murderers, they hide their greed and jealousy behind resentment (for which, no doubt, many of them have good reason). 

Make no mistake this was a planned attack on music, just like at Bataclan in Paris not so many years ago, just like the Taliban burning guitars and drums and pianos as though a bunch of wood and wires is a threat. The self-styled pious, the self-declared righteous, the extremists, the fanatics, they all hate music because it gives joy to people without ideology. We should feel sorry for them in their silent hell. These extremists driven by hate can murder peaceful dancers, but they cannot stop music. THE DRUMS DON'T STOP! 

• Like 4

is psynews gonna make us choose now between "supporting" israel or "supporting" a region that has been devastated by the israel state, for decades, in the general psytrance forum? thats just great.. =( im not saying isreal deserved it, because clearly, this "attack" was targeting random civilians, so theres no excuse, and it is horrific.... 

what hamas did was inexcusable, impossible to support that. what isreal has done to palestine for the past 50 or whatever years also inexcusable. but please dont turn the forum political. i dont want to choose, and i dont want to have to.

just my 2 cents, for whatever its worth. i thought "General Psytrance" was for music

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, astralprojection said:

is psynews gonna make us choose now between "supporting" israel or "supporting" a region that has been devastated by the israel state, for decades, in the general psytrance forum? thats just great.. =( im not saying isreal deserved it, because clearly, this "attack" was targeting random civilians, so theres no excuse, and it is horrific.... 

what hamas did was inexcusable, impossible to support that. what isreal has done to palestine for the past 50 or whatever years also inexcusable. but please dont turn the forum political. i dont want to choose, and i dont want to have to.

Are you being serious right now? You're the only one bringing this up. Nobody has mentioned a single thing about politics. Nobody except you.

3 hours ago, astralprojection said:

just my 2 cents, for whatever its worth. i thought "General Psytrance" was for music

You can keep your 2 cents. Why are you even commenting here?

260 of our psytrance brothers and sisters have just been savagely and senselessly murdered.

Have some common decency.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sad times, my heart goes out to everyone affected. Nightmare stuff I can't even comprehend. Music that is such a powerful thing to bring people together. And of all genres, Psytrance that has such a peaceful and loving message. To see an attack on our beloved Psytrance community like this. It's just horrible.

It's reminiscent like mentioned of the terrorist attacks in France at Bataclan. Also reminds me of the terrorist attack against the Ariana Grande concert in the UK. It's such a deliberately evil thing to plan and carry out. 

*Update, upon reading the reconstruction of the events by BBC News. Which I don't want link because of how graphic it is. This terrorist attack is perhaps most similar to what Breivik did in Norway. Since they were really trapped and encircled by the terrorists. That even used sniper rifles as well as besides the assault rifles and other weapons, hence the comparison to Breiviks horrible act of terror. Although he obviously acted alone. Thede terrorists acted in a very coordinated, strategic and military way.

I mean this is just brutal, this is the type of techniques hunters use to encircle prey.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, astralprojection said:

is psynews gonna make us choose now between "supporting" israel or …

No. This thread is just a place to share in our common humanity. These victims have nothing to do with any of that. This is not the place for that discussion. Do you walk into a funeral and start playing the Devil’s advocate with cancer?

Edited by Phluff
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phluff said:

No. This thread is just a place to share in our common humanity. These victims have nothing to do with any of that. This is not the place for that discussion. Do you walk into a funeral and start playing the Devil’s advocate with cancer?

In "general psytrance". Ok. What do you mean these victims has nothing to do with that? 

Wait, what? 

5 hours ago, Tetrasect said:

Are you being serious right now? You're the only one bringing this up. Nobody has mentioned a single thing about politics. Nobody except you.

You can keep your 2 cents. Why are you even commenting here?

260 of our psytrance brothers and sisters have just been savagely and senselessly murdered.

Have some common decency.

Yes "I'm being serious right now". Wasn't that obvious? Why are you mad? It was pretty crystal clear why I commented here, or so I thought. 

10 hours ago, astralprojection said:

Yes "I'm being serious right now". Wasn't that obvious? Why are you mad? It was pretty crystal clear why I commented here, or so I thought. 

You are accusing others of bringing politics into it when nobody has done such a thing and you are the one and only person bringing politics into it, in the very same post.

You seem more concerned about the possibility of being asked to condemn terrorist actions than you are about the victims of those actions.

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than troll message threads where people are sharing sympathies of victims of heinous crimes?

Has it occurred to you that members on this forum know some of these people personally?

If you don't have anything nice to say then rather don't speak at all.

• Like 3

On 10/9/2023 at 4:05 AM, vv303 said:

Sounds like it was a targeted attack. They cut the power beforehand. Astral Projection, Man With No Name, Spectra Sonics were scheduled to be there. According to some articles 260 bodies were found. 50 terrorists paraglided in. Totally insane

1D3DA238-67E5-42E1-8E22-E64E887A5E75.jpeg

Wow that's creepy, Could it have been that the terrorists were planning specifically to kill the artists on the flyer as well? Does anyone know so far how many on that flyer who survived? 

I watched the interview with Anoebis on some of the other links in this thread. Glad to see atleast one of our fellow Psynews members safe and sound.

23 minutes ago, Tetrasect said:

You are accusing others of bringing politics into it when nobody has done such a thing and you are the one and only person bringing politics into it, in the very same post.

You seem more concerned about the possibility of being asked to condemn terrorist actions than you are about the victims of those actions.

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than troll message threads where people are sharing sympathies of victims of heinous crimes?

Has it occurred to you that members on this forum know some of these people personally?

If you don't have anything nice to say then rather don't speak at all.

im sorry you took it that way. i wasnt accusing anyone of anything. i was just making a rather blank statement, about not wanting things to turn political. i realise noone had explicitly said anything about that beforehand. Sorry if you took offense to my comment. I guess we are just on different wavelengths here, and I feel you kind of misunderstood me, but i do see your point.. So I apologise for that. 

No that didnt occur to me, like I said, i guess its just different wavelengths. 

Also I dont follow that dogma, "if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all". That to me doesnt make sense, regardless of what the topic is about. 

i wont reply to the thread anymore, and my apologies again if you were offended by my rather blank and neutral statement.

• Like 1

I empathise with the discomfort of being forced to choose a side. No one should be forced or pressured into narrowing their sympathies (though I see no evidence of such coercion here).

Nevertheless, I feel it is very important for us to understand that throughout human history art and creativity has attracted censorship of various sorts by those who see innovation as threatening and who are upset by the power of art to bring people together. Deviant artists must be controlled! I think of Shostakovich nervously smoking and fidgeting every night on the ground floor so that when Stalin's KGB came to take him away they would not take his family sleeping above. I think of attacks on the supposedly "red" and "communist" scriptwriters in McCarthyist America. There are so many other examples, it is hard to know where to stop.  

Unfortunately, this is true of trance culture too. Do not forget the UK's 1994 "Criminal Justice Bill" which attempted to outlaw any gatherings to "repetitive beats". The police have shut down many outdoor parties and "raves" in many different countries. Now trance culture is once again being attacked by those who are threatened by its dangerously sensual and decadent and free aspects (though they are superficially from the other side of the political spectrum). I wonder if they targeted it precisely because it is colourfully multicultural? Goa trance attempted to bring together east and west. 

I am sure you can see which "side" I am on. Along with my deep condolences for the many victims, I want to express my solidarity and support for music, art, creativity. I feel it is important that we never forget that there are those who will seek to turn the music off. We must not allow them to do that. We can use this dark hour to bring us together in a reaffirmation of beauty, inclusivity, and creativity. I believe that this is what our fellow dancers and dreamers who are no longer with us would want. Can we all agree that the drums don't stop? ~*~

PS - "Drums Don't Stop" is the title of a fabulous Atmos track...

• Like 2