Listening to my entire collection

thanosp81

Entry #59

Let's skip the rest of the cds and go to the real stuff here. The compilation from Ceiba Records is a real beauty. They never released much stuff but I reckon this little disc is their best release ever. Honestly. If you only need one release from them this is the one to get. Available on Discogs :)

65293352_2329060350686644_10746291298836

Entry #60

The last cds of Lemon magazine. An era comes to end (soon to be followed by another one, Freeze magazine :)).

And the last cd offered was actually an album by Spacegoblins. Half of it is mediocre, slightly dark Psychedelic Trance tracks and the other half more goaish sounds (and slightly better). If this was a proper release probably you wouldn't care much to purchase but being a magazine offering it adds a bot more weight to it, especially for collectors.

65586287_2331150290477650_59521917100406

Entry #61

My latest addition to the React catalogue. One of the defining Trance anthems (I hate that word) which still sounds interesting today. 2 singles that you bought separately....but you could combine together.....with the radio edit appearing in both of them (for chart purposes I guess). The 90's :)

Excellent, excellent addition to my collection. Trance could actually put you into trance back then.

66296735_2333719220220757_34728327522130

• 3 months later...

Entry #62

Wow, I hadn't realised that Interchill Records is on the game for more than 2 decades. And with around 60 releases you know that they are doing something right.

Andrew Ross Collins proves with every release that he simply has a good taste in music. Crossing between ambient, dub and psychill every release is worth owning. They never saturated the marker with uninteresting or dull music, other labels have as many releases in a fraction of that time.

So, if any of you downtempo labels want to stay around for as long as Interchill start keeping notes.

P.S. Kaya Project was purposefully left out for he will get his own entry :)

73314184_2406557062936972_24743892253996

47 minutes ago, the goa constrictor said:

I was wondering if you were still doing this. Felt like ages without an update.

Interchill is a very legit label. Low key and always on point.
Good stuff indeed... +1

I am, but not with daily updates any more. Just the interchill catalogue would take too much time to do it individually ;)

On 10/20/2019 at 7:21 AM, Tsotsi said:

Do you catagorise your collection by label? Or was this organised for the post?

I categorise by label mainly. My collection is still not than expansive (less than 2000 discs) so it still works as a system. And you know, sometimes you want to listen to some good Goa but with nothing particular in mind, so you go to the Dragonfly catalogue and you are sorted :)

On 10/19/2019 at 9:25 PM, the goa constrictor said:

I was wondering if you were still doing this. Felt like ages without an update.

Interchill is a very legit label. Low key and always on point.
Good stuff indeed... +1

I feel that the initial releases of Interchill were pushing the boundaries a bit more and were willing to explore different sounds (considering the genre).

Entry #63

Hado Records started with what a lot of people considered a big bang. A reprint of Zirrex's debut album. And they also upgraded into a 3xCD album as well. In my case however I didn't really care about his music much. If anything, the bonus disc is where all the magic happens. I think the purchase is worth it just for this 3rd disc. 
Skipping his next album cause I don't understand what he was trying to do with that and landing on the 3rd release. Voyager: First Plateau. An excellent compilation, diverse and energetic Psychedelic Trance. Really, really good. However, I stopped following Hado after that coming to a realisation that I tried to suppress. 

For the second time in my life, I am losing interest in the genre :(

74235580_2414932285432783_59302782328457

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, thanosp81 said:

I categorise by label mainly. My collection is still not than expansive (less than 2000 discs) so it still works as a system. And you know, sometimes you want to listen to some good Goa but with nothing particular in mind, so you go to the Dragonfly catalogue and you are sorted :)

That's quite an expansive collection!  Assuming you mean more than a 1000.  Is that all only psy/goa & downtempo?  All full-length CD albums or also including vinyl-singles?

I thought I had a big collection: couple of hundred psy/goa cd's.  I sort the comps via year with 95-97 and 05-07 being the most represented due to big love for old-school and darkpsy's golden age respectively.  The albums I just sort via A-Z.

I do not have these problems at all :D ... mainly because of 3 reasons:

- my collection of physical releases is fairly small compared to yours - I might have just a hundred or a bit more goa CDs and just maybe 200 in total
- I have the policy to file a disc into my rack only when I have listened to it at least once
- I have a car that's still got a CD player so I can listen when I go with the car

My only worry are the two dozen metal tapes that I still have and my tape deck blew and I only had a radio with tape deck in my old car which is no more :P 

These are my currents stats, which are pretty much up to date. As you can see most of them are based on the Goa/Psychill genres :)

What is considered big collection is very subjective. I know for a fact that my collection dwarves in comparison with some other people's.

genres.png

stats.png