Lithuanian forest

MrAnarchy

After a week of researching the before unknown to me genre of psytrance, I figured out that I can only tolerate forest psy-trance and when I say tolerate I mean absolutely go crazy about it.

I used Ektoplazm to guide me towards the best forest and after a few dozen albums, I figured out that some of the albums sound unique yet similar to each other and then I found out that all of them were made by a Lithuanian collective "Forest Freaks." I am not yet sure what is it that makes Lithuanian forest trance so unique but I absolutely love it!

This is their page and most of their releases you can find on Ektoplazm:

http://forest-freaks.com

If you havent, I highly recommend you go through those. Enjoy! :)

And if you have listened, tell me what you think about it.

• Like 1

How many albums do you listen every day? Seriously!

I had also listened to some of these albums 2-3 years ago and I remember I kind of digged this style. An important factor for me is that the bpm are not very high.

But yeah the whole genre seemed a bit too homogeneous to me and that's why I didn't keep listening. Maybe I'll listen some more tonight.

Depends in what mood I am. Usually 2 or 3. Ive had quite a lot of free time since june because Ive cleared out my year at med school then. And what better way to spend that time than on music :lol:

I would like to ask what you do for a living :D You have so much time to devote to music, it's amazing!!

I am a student of medicine but I cleared out the year (all exams and tests) in june so I had a huge amount of free time to myself. When the school starts, I wont have the time to listen to music or read or whatever, so Im cramming as much as possible while I still can! :D

• Like 1

Yeah DoHm is crazy! But I also love when he and P.tale join forces as Cenotes. The results of their co-op are outstanding!

Amazing track! :)

Check this one out. One of my faves:

Favorite part starts at 4:40

Last year I liked this compilation https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/71342-va-the-dark-side-of-dawn-compiled-by-peyo-and-gaiana/ not "in your face" though, more like atmospheric forest. Last track by Mark Day is something special, very talented artist.

Yeah yeah, thats exactly why I appreciate Lithuanian forest, for its atmosphere. Thanks for the referance, will check it out!