am interested why no one here is talking about the brit's opting out of the EU?

technosomy

Brexit could initiate a complete collapse if we're not careful, at which point it'd be better not to be a part of it, the EU that is. I still don't think it is right to leave but it's better for the UK to be the first out than to suffering another of the bigger economies pulled out.

I know some people really get off on the thought of the end of the world. Some people are just into that. I also believe misery loves company.

With the internet and so many news, media, alternative sources.. when can you say YOU REALLY DO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. it could be what the main stream media reports, but is that really the truth?

I say this because although we have those who are in love with doomsday. We have those who love the thought of collpase.. the theories, the speculators.. the amount of truly dedicated people who don't want complete collapse, won't let it happen.

No one is ever held truly accountable when currencies can be printed. If you are on the bottom to middle of the food chain.. yes, you are accountable. Things can be good, things can be bad for you, but in the end there's always an option.

With the internet and so many news, media, alternative sources.. when can you say YOU REALLY DO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. it could be what the main stream media reports, but is that really the truth?

If several media are telling logically the same I believe it + that I don't live in Russia with a heavy censorship and distortion of the things. Luckily!

If several media are telling logically the same I believe it + that I don't live in Russia with a heavy censorship and distortion of the things. Luckily!

the problem is that most media are saving cost and just copy&paste the texts they get from press agencies (your national press agnecy, reuters, ...) so you'll get the same news (often with the same spelling mistakes) from everywhere.

i've noticed that demonstrations against austerity measures or against conservative governments inside the eu (in spain or france for example) often don't appear in the media, while much smaller demonstrations in countries we don't have good relations with get lots of coverage.

when tens of thousands of spaniards protest against austerity for a week, marching across the whole country to madrid, all we hear is "some anarchists at the edges of a demonstration set fire to cars", and this only a few days afterwards. but when you have 200 people protesting against putin on one evening, we get a detailed view with interviews of the participants immediately.

i think the situation will be even worse in countries like germany where media ownership is even more concentrated in the hands of a few.

every source is biased. of course russian media is even worse, but for some topics concerning eu-russia relations you can only be sure that something is actually true when your newspaper and russia today are in agreement ;)

• Like 2

Brexit is great.

Brexit is great.

All the leaders of the Brexit campaign have shat themselves and run away from the responsibility of leaving the EU. Who's going to lead us in exit? A stay supporter.

Whatever was best, Brexit leaders all suck.

• Like 2

Whatever was best, Brexit leaders all suck.

Yep. The rats are quick to abandon a sinking ship ;)