Psy-trance & Ego

Anoebis

I wasn't judging him, everyone has to do what they like, but I was wondering, would it appeal you, would you like to see that from a live-act/dj.

For me, that behaviour would be a big minus, even if the music was good... just a personal opinion without judging the dude, if he feels like it, keep on going strong :P

I wasn't judging him, everyone has to do what they like, but I was wondering, would it appeal you, would you like to see that from a live-act/dj.

For me, that behaviour would be a big minus, even if the music was good... just a personal opinion without judging the dude, if he feels like it, keep on going strong :P

I know what you mean, I also prefer the Vince LeBarde style (slight head shaking while playing monster-sound) vs the Tristan style (monster show while playing average-sound). But its nothing that disturbs me, I just don't look at the DJ if he is that ugly.. xD

The way I look at it, going mental to your own music is more of an ego trip than a DJ getting carried away - at least the DJ is celebrating his love of other peoples' work and sharing it, hoping to get the crowd to love the music too. Going nuts to your own tunes is a bit too rockstar, "aren't I awesome?" (I'm aware this view may not be universally accepted. ;) )

If you make music, you should love what you are making, otherwise there's no point in going on and motivating yourself to keep busy with being an artist. This is something entirely else then seeing yourself as the 'most awesome dude there is'.

If you make music, you should love what you are making, otherwise there's no point in going on and motivating yourself to keep busy with being an artist. This is something entirely else then seeing yourself as the 'most awesome dude there is'.

Hey, absolutely! I totally agree there. I just think it can come across as being a bit pretentious to go too crazy to your own tunes. To be fair, I prefer humble musicians to rock star types in all kinds of music. A knowing smile does more for me than any amount of posturing.

Maybe it's a cultural thing too. In Israel for instance, they seem to love the stage antics and hero-worshipping, fist-pumping stuff, where I think a lot of Europeans find it a bit cringe-worthy. (But saying that, psytrance is WAY more mainstream in Israel - so maybe that has something to do with it?)

• Like 1

Maybe it's a cultural thing too. In Israel for instance, they seem to love the stage antics and hero-worshipping, fist-pumping stuff, where I think a lot of Europeans find it a bit cringe-worthy. (But saying that, psytrance is WAY more mainstream in Israel - so maybe that has something to do with it?)

+1, interesting!

think it's more of an "audience attraction" then a cultural thing. on a 'mainstream' / popular genre its more likely to see all the showmanship folks, while on 'underground' you see all the "i give a shit" folks.

a quote from chris rich that it fits very well on this:

laughing at two people this week telling me i act like i have a superstar ego..

i am sorry if anyone feels this way but i can tell you now theres no one i wish to be less than a superstar, or even be in any kind of limelight too much, for me i prefer the chilled lifestyle and just enjoy doing my art and being around loved ones.

IMHO that attitude makes the difference - if you wanna become a superstar you are more likely to switch to the superstar-alter-ego on stage. If you don't care about being a superstar, you also don't need this alter ego.. you can play as you would do it in front of your two best friends

+1, interesting!

Hey, you definetely touch on some good points here :)

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

You must be joking? Seriously? Says you who has been on about "me me me" for the last at least decade shunting how awesome you are but how this scene has not treated you fairly. You ranted and raved, you attacked anyone who dared questioned you (and if you check Isratrance you still do this). You swore to leave this scene permantly. You then pretended to want to give back by offering your music for free but then retracted that. you cursed the scene again because you did not get more paid gigs for offering your music for free. You did nothing at all to improve the issues you had with the scene but continue to be a know-it-all telling everyone how the music should be. You're one of the biggest egotistical ignorants this scene had had and your statement above proves what a ridiculous hypocrite you are. This scene was so much better off without you. Go back to making your sub-par house.

Having a bad hair day?

I think the only one who's way out of hand here is balance-Music. If he can not debate without attacking people he should stay away or just ignore people he seem to dislike so intense. I was going to explain what I meant (which he seem to have misinterpreted) but I rather use my time on more pleasant things than getting into a debate where personal insults are the weapon.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

• Like 1

People in Israel love to see artist or dj go crazy... first time i played there i was like zombie almost and a lot of people came to stage and start to push me to dance and talk... oh you must dance, go wild, we love to see that... then i started simple as you said fist-pumping and everyone goes crazy.

Anyway, if you play for real or just press play button people want to see and feel your energy.

• Like 1

I can't stand people hurting each other. Especially when it comes from intelligent people like you.

It's normal in our society to be squeamish about these things, but don't let that hold you back. Hurting others is the source of all joy in the world! Without suffering there could be no joy. For that reason, some Asian cultures try to eliminate joy to subsequently eliminate suffering. But that is a pathetic way to escape living (and in practice is always veiled in religious nonsense, and unauthentic). Stronger men try to exemplify both. Intelligent men must at least accept this reality, even if they don't desire to directly partake in it.

It's normal in our society to be squeamish about these things, but don't let that hold you back. Hurting others is the source of all joy in the world! Without suffering there could be no joy. For that reason, some Asian cultures try to eliminate joy to subsequently eliminate suffering. But that is a pathetic way to escape living (and in practice is always veiled in religious nonsense, and unauthentic). Stronger men try to exemplify both. Intelligent men must at least accept this reality, even if they don't desire to directly partake in it.

There is enough suffering in this world for us not to bring more pain to our daily burden. Nothing more to add.

• Like 1

Having a bad hair day?

Having a bad hair day?

No. I just dislike hypocrites. You cannot tolerate anyone who points out what a failure of a human you are. I met you in person numerous times and you're ego could eat this entire scene.

So you don't deny what I said? So stop trying to be a shining example. Your a washed up failure. You couldn't even take responsibility for the fact that you were the one who signed stupid contracts and made terribly decisions. Yet you behave like a toddler and blame everyone else but yourself.'inguess every scene needs a joke, an we all laugh at you.

I don't care what people say. I am 100% with Anoebis. There'a absolutely no trance or psy to be found in these "live-acts". It's all ego and starstruck mediocrity!

His music and the way he act just goes against everything this scene (psytrance/Goa/trance) was build upon!

yNOYE1Q.gif

No. I just dislike hypocrites. You cannot tolerate anyone who points out what a failure of a human you are. I met you in person numerous times and you're ego could eat this entire scene.

So you don't deny what I said? So stop trying to be a shining example. Your a washed up failure. You couldn't even take responsibility for the fact that you were the one who signed stupid contracts and made terribly decisions. Yet you behave like a toddler and blame everyone else but yourself.'inguess every scene needs a joke, an we all laugh at you.

Wow you even met me in person? Well then why don't you enlighten me with your real name instead of hiding behind a screen name? be a man/woman and reveal who you are ;) Or are you just all words and petty insulting talk? If you've met me numerous times then I am sure you got no problem telling me who you are even though I think you are full of it ;)

I can spot a troll miles away.... TROLL aká Mike from Australia ;) (Whom i never met)

Stop trying to put this on me. You made the original comments regarding your support of Anoebis' view, and I called you out on it which is the entire point of a debate. I pointed out the numerous inconsistencies in your own behavior in this scene, so please tell me I'm completely wrong instead of calling me a troll.

stwting the obvious is not trolling. Kristian, read any single interview you've given in this scene for the last decade and look at you behavior objectively. It's hard to do but you just continuously complained without trying to contribute any positive change. And that my friend is about ego. It's all about "me me me". Maybe if you'd taken your negative experiences in a non-egotistical way you could've used your influence to create positive change in this scene. Instead you float around like a ghost in forums complaining how every other artist is not psy enough and how perfect you are. it gets pretty boring quickly.

you used to send me Xmas cards mate until I tried pointing this out to you in the early '00s and encouraged you to be more positive. You yet again took it as a negative slight and stopped talking to me.

I won't give you me name, because I'm obviously that forgettable. After all the last time I saw you in person you told me you were to busy to talk, and we all laughed at you. Busy doing what?

You are hilarious Mike and a good storyteller/liar ;) I have never met you and never send anyone Xmas cards so just stop your petty trolling. All I ever did years ago was sending you my album on CD free of charge....

And Mike next time you enter a debate then debate the topic instead of attacking the person with your diluted opinion. Oh i forgot you don't know how to debate troll!

Balance-Music - The Man Behind The Machine

A fictitious interview compiled by Zoomorph.

Hello Mr. Balanced-Music, thank you for agreeing to do this interview for us. Let's start off with a basic question. I see you posting on Psynews pretty much 24/7. Do you have a job?

My wife has Cerebral Palsy.... She is the sole breadwinner in our family.

Oh wow, you make your handicapped wife work to provide for the family? I'm shocked! And what do you do while she's at work?

my wife an I are lucky enough to be in a position where we can afford for me to be a full time stay at home parent.

Ah, so you're a stay-at-home parent, now I understand. Have you ever held a job?

I got fired as a store person at an electrical goods storei a few years back. I was taking a 70" tv to a customers car. My back was sore as it was late afternoon after a 6am start (the person for second shift hadn't turned up) & I was having trouble lifting the tv in to his car. He refused to help & said "come on! What are you? A weak homo? Out some muscle in to it!" And laughed with his idiot mate. I walked off after saying "I might be a weak homo but at least I'm not a dumb c#nt like you!".

Ouch. Well, that certainly sounds like something you'd say. Are you the kind of guy who gets bullied and picked on a lot in real life?

I used to always get punched when I went to raves, pubs, clubs or gigs. When some one says something i take as an insult i don't hold back.

Well no surprises there. I imagine you'd get punched a few more times if you met the Psynewers in real life!

Let's try a new line of inquiry. How much allowance does your wife give you and what do you spend it on?

I'd say I spend around $100-200AU every 3 months. This covers all my music.

Do you regret not having a career and a job of your own?

I feel that I wasted a lot of my early life & could've become more than what I am now. Now I am more stuck in an for of disappointment

It's OK. We've all felt feelings like that before. I really hope this interview isn't getting you down.... How are you feeling right now?

I am feeling rather horny but I pissed my wife off earlier so my only option now is to pleasure myself

Woah! Um... I'm sorry to hear that you're pussy-whipped--

I dare you to speak to me in such a way to my face you rude insecure prick. I can guarantee that if you did you'd not be able to speak again for a very long time with a wired jaw.

Hey! Calm down! I was only joking. Let's try to be civil, shall we?

I am a generally nice person but with a quite bad anxiety problem can be hard to be friends with in real life let alone married to but I'm getting professional help

Ah I'm sorry to hear that you have psychological problems. How is your therapy coming along?

I find seeing my psychologst really helps ... I get very angry/frustrated easily at these times....

...continued...