Why are the best goa tracks remixes?

radi6404

In this thread I want to ask how it comes that the best goa tracks are remixes from other goa tracks or even from other electronic tracks outside of the goa scene. Not every artist is succesful in that, but one artist is for sure; Martin Freeland. He created far better remixes than the original tracks, the best of which in my opinion is The Overlords - Naked peope. He has many other impressive remixes of tracks that originally aren´t that impressive. One of them is the outrageous remix of rise, originally not that impressive, he created one of the best goa trance tracks. Many other artists did the same with tracks that originally where not goa tracks and they created something that is incredible. How does that happen? Is it because the artists have template to use or because they want to be the best to remix a certain tracks? What are your thoughts on this subject?

It's not typical. I think, the originals are usually better than remixes, but there are a few (very good) exceptions (like MWNN)..I don't know what the reason for this.. :)

Some of my favs >

Juno Reactor - Feel The Universe (Koxbox Remix)

Disco Volante - Chameleon (UX Ultimate Experience Rmx)

Electric Universe - Rain (California Sunshine rmx)

Blue Planet Corporation - Antidote (Pleiadians remix)

All of my favorites are originals. Not that I necessarily like originals better than remixes, I just mean my favorite songs usually haven't been remixed by anyone.

But remixes can be better because the remixer has a foundation already there that they only have to modify. A remixed song is generally going to be one that already has something good going for it, because who would want to remix a crappy song? So there's already a certain level of quality to the song, and it can be easier to fine-tune something for better quality than to make that level of quality from scratch.

Well obviously Lepton head Deedrah remix... but in general I disagree, the best goa tracks around are original ones.

For you that is the case, but not for everyone. If I would ask you to link me similar but better tracks than naked people remix or rise remix by Man with no Name, I th8ink you would fail. I don´t know any track that is more emotional in goa trance sound than Man with no name - Naked people remix. It is the sound of Man with no name, that is so euphoric, full of love and power, that you really want to turn up the volume and think of the best things you experienced. You know what I think about Astral Projection and MFG, but the remixes of Man with no name are probably the best goa trance tracks ever created.