melodic goa trance request

goa pride

i request to develop goa trance with real melodies like Talpa, Astrancer, Lost Buddha in your releases.

E-Mantra/Filteria are too loud and without real melodies.

i request to develop goa trance with real melodies like Talpa, Astrancer, Lost Buddha in your releases.

Whom are you addressing?

What is a "real" melody?

Request denied. :(

No but really my friend, you have all too wrong an approach if you want other people make music tailored for you. They're making music to express their creativity and it's just a bizarre request for anyone to try to meet your tastes.

Let goa your pride and accept things the way they are. Yes, Filteria/E-Mantra are without "real melodies" but they're really excellent faking people to dance in parties. I love real melodies too, but just how many times can you compose Hot Butter's Popcorn?

I don't think he has a wrong approach. He likes melodic music and asks for recommendation, similar to lots of other people who ask the same about prog, full-on or whatever else there is. If you like Filteria or not is a matter of taste and he was just giving examples of what he doesn't like so people know what to not recommend.

Considering I'm known for my cheezy taste in psy I will try to give you some recommendations:

Yahel - Waves Of Sound (the track itself but also the whole album, lots of classics on it like Last Man In the Universe, For The People...)

Goma - Intelligent Solution

lots of Man With No Name Tracks are also very melodic, maybe you wanna try Sugar Rush, Dayglo and Teleport

Space Cat is also melodic, the older tracks like Space Cats are more goaish while newer stuff tends towards full-on. Deep Rising is also great and not yet full-on. I personally also like the whole Mechanical Dream album.

For melodic neo-goa I would check out Crossing Mind

I would also check out Liquid Soul, it's progressive but he is very good with melodies imho. Global Illumination is my favourite track.

Ticon also has (not only but also) very nice melodic tracks: 1987 for example or Six Years After for example.

And the last Reefer Decree album is also prog but melodic.

I don't know if this is any help since Talpa has a rather unique sound but all of the stuff mentioned above is melodic. Maybe you'll find something you like.

• Like 1

I don't think he has a wrong approach. He likes melodic music and asks for recommendation

Does he? It sounds to me more like he's asking for people to stop making music they like and start making music he likes instead:

Does he? It sounds to me more like he's asking for people to stop making music they like and start making music he likes instead:

It's quite obvious English is not his mother tongue so maybe give him the benefit of a doubt? And even if he would ask that, would be kinda silly since I doubt any artist would chage his or her style because of a forum request (otherwise IM would sound very different nowadays aftert all the bitching here... :D).

even if he would ask that, would be kinda silly since I doubt any artist would chage his or her style because of a forum request (otherwise IM would sound very different nowadays aftert all the bitching here... :D).

Now that's the alternate universe I can easily exist in :).

For melodic neo-goa I would check out Crossing Mind

That's a good suggestion regarding complex and not obvious melodies, but I'm not sure OP was looking for such tracks (if he firstly didn't have the intention Rotwang wrote). Since goa pride mentioned artists from last years I would add Khetzal, Goasia, Afgin or Antares to the bunch. Special mention: Trinodia - nobody does such beautiful in-your-face melodies.

I love this Talpa track from the first post, probably the the most goa-sounding tune by him (still in my top 10 post 2000 goa/psytrance tracks).

I wasn't too sure about what kind of tracks to recommend. As I have said Talpa has a uniqueness for me that makes it hard to compare his tracks to other artists. So I tried do give a selection of melodic stuff to choose from.

I haven't heard anything about Trinodia but I will surely check them out. I'm a sucker for in-your-face melodies. :D

And even if he would ask that, would be kinda silly since I doubt any artist would chage his or her style because of a forum request (otherwise IM would sound very different nowadays aftert all the bitching here... :D).

SURELY NOBODY WOULD EVER SAY SOMETHING SILLY ON PSYNEWS.ORG

Goasia, Afgin or Antares are too loud and less melodic

That's Your opinion, when I was hearing Afgin's music for the first time, I thought he had Astral Projection on the speed dial. And IMO Trinodia has the loudest melodies around.

Goasia's 'Dancing with the Blue Spirit' less melodic? Well, I rest my case :).

Maybe You shoud try nitzo artists, they ooze with melodies.