Old Electronic universe is very good

radi6404

I am just listening to old electronic universe and really love it, I mean the first EU LP, Solar Energy, all of the tracks are of same quality than the first two albums and the tracks are not simple and monotonous but changing. Solar Energy is short and great, really relaxing, Cosmic symphony is a monster of a track, it is really acidic and consists of many many melodies. The acidline is impressive and missing in many goa tracks. It is a typical EU track and the melodies are both, melanchoic and optimistic, a real journey into feelings, just impressive. Neutron Dance is happier and not as deep, reminds of Dimension 5 and Astral projection, a happy track with elements, that could ahve appeared in Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy or The next Millenium, great entrancing track. Electroplasm is also very hypnotic, it is very morning in sound at 4 40 and really beautiful aswell. So that EP is really masterful and all tracks of the EP are impressive in my opnion. Altough it is so old to me that is highest class goa trance and very hypnotic. The best track Probably is Cosmic Symphony.

What do you people think about it?

I love Electronics Unilevel early output. First two albums are still on a regular spin in my player. It's simplistic yet attractive goa at it's best. What he did between 98-03 is kinda mystery to me - I've never checked out his albums WAV.s, Blue Planetarium, Divided Sign or Unicorn. Should I?

You are right Oppie, the first two albums are great, I especially love Stardiver, but the Solar Energy EP, which the thread is maily about is also impressive in my opinion and does not stand back to those albums in my opinion and has the same quality.

you guys make me laugh.

Mdk

Haha why?

Anyway yeah his really old stuff is incredible. I wish artists were brave enough to make music that repetitive now, and i'm really not being sarcastic. Tracks like "One Love" and "Neutron Dance" are the hallmark of actual trance music that allows you to go higher and higher without the breakdowns and cheesy peaks of some modern music. He had an excellent ear for melody too, I mean, Portamento . . .

Altough I am a big fan of his, the track "one Love" is a bit too repetative for me, but all other tracks I have mentioned are true goa masterpeaces and somehow I feel that he is one of the artists with the most geniune goa sound. I could imagine even Astral projection have some ideas for their tracks from Boris Blenn and not vice versa. When I listen to his oldest works, Solar Energy, Cosmic Symphony I notice that they have elements Astral Projection did not have at that time. The supersaw synths that can be heart in those tracks first appear in DAncing Galaxy on Astral projection. Tracks like Dancing Galaxy, No one ever dreams and Cosmic Accession have very similar synthpresets. The only tracks with supersaw synths earlier than that are Kabalah and the new age mix, Radial Blur, Zero and Enlightened Evolution + Remix. The other old tracks by them use saw leads and since Electric Universe uses Supersaw sounds since 94 it is possible that Astral projection learned from Boris Blenn and Boris Blenn is the inventer of melodic goa trance. The firt trance releases from UK were 93, but those were not as melodic and had saw leads and twisted sounds, TIP, genetic, youth and so on. It is hardly possible Astral Projection got their ideas from them so if I listen to the music to me it sounds Astral Projection learned from Boirs Blenn.

+1

Anyone knows what is Boirs up to now? Maybe more collaborations like this one with Spice Try guy?

You can listen to his Berlin future lounge album, I like it a lot, very deep and melanchoic. Otherwise I like that you agree that Astral seem to have learned from Boris Blenn. I wish he would answer when I message him on facebook and tell him I am a real fan of him.

You can listen to his Berlin future lounge album, I like it a lot, very deep and melanchoic. Otherwise I like that you agree that Astral seem to have learned from Boris Blenn. I wish he would answer when I message him on facebook and tell him I am a real fan of him.

what that jazzy cafe del mar stuff!

what he doesn't answer?

why on earth not i wonder,

maybe if you stop stalking him and sending flowers and choclates radi, he may answer

I never understood the hype about Electric universe, of course his old music is good, but for me not that amazing.

I'd put Electric universe in the same bag as artists like Space tribe, SUN project, Miranda = overrated, most of their tracks are nothing special, even if don't get me wrong, i still like their music. But among these 3, I even prefer Space tribe and Miranda to Electric universe.

So of course it's a matter of taste but i never managed to understand what's so great about EU old sound (I do know the track Solar energy, a bit simple and cheesy IMO), especially when you compare to old sound of MFG, Hallucinogen, Cosmosis, Infected M, Dimension 5, Etnica/Pleiadians, Prana, Indoor/Tandu, Blue planet ...

As you say that is taste, but some love it as you see in this thread and agree that he might have set the ingredients for Astral projection. His old tracks have very similar melodies to Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy. The melodies are simple but they are very geniune and sound like pure goa trance and in my opinion you can`t deny that Stardiver or One Love have special tracks that are important to the genre. Stardiver, Galaxia, Sunset Skyline, Astral Voyage, Radio SPACE, Orange Night, Visiting Venus, all those tracks are top notch and sound very geniune, you can`t deny that in my opinion.