2. Second Coming
3. Boloto Trip
4. Infernal Candyflip
5. Active Meditation
6. Chatlane
7. Ramayana
8. Infinite Freedom
9. Spiritual Experience

First things first...look at that spectacular cover. LOOK AT IT! F*cking gorgeous. I can't stop staring at it. There have been times where I have bought an album without knowing how it was going to sound just because the cover was so kick a**. Of course that was before the interwebz when I didn't feel like dragging my a** to the listening station. It was done by Ahankara (real name surely) who also did the cover for the Tabula Rasa compilation.

This is one of those cases where you should judge an album by its cover.

Psy-H Project is Igor Kititsky from St. Petersburg Russia (yes I'm aware you cannot spell Kititsky without tits) and this is his debut. And what a f*cking debut it is. Cosmic goa trance is contained within people and should be purchased post haste. I haven't wanted to have sex with an album since M-run, but I'm getting all oiled up as we speak. Let that image sit with you for a bit.

This is a deeply atmospheric journey into the cosmos with alien textures and exquisitely layered melodies. A goa album that in the beginning has some darkpsy elements. And let's face it it doesn't get any darker than Emily Rose reciting the multiple names of Lucifer on Infernal Candyflip. But it's not all dark. Hell, in the same track you have distinctive goa melodies as well as Buddhist chants. It's also not afraid to poke fun at itself evidenced by the growls and I presume Brad Pitt laughter in Boloto Trip.

While the entire album is full of lush and detailed goa trance, the second half is brimming with stormers. Active Meditation shimmers and coalesces like melody quicksand while Chatlane sparkles like my toddler just threw glitter in the air. Maximum twirling potential, I'm telling you. And what did you think would happen when he teamed up with fellow Soviets Alienapia? Total bedlam ensues with more layers than an onion. So good I wanted to cry.

I'm not one to tell you what to do, just a guy with an opinion. But buy this f*cking CD. Own it. Stare longlingly at it. Love it.

Damnit, I'm outta baby oil.

Goastore

Beatspace

Psyshop

GlobalSectMusic

Trance2MoveU - thanks for cool review :) haha, i very like this album too, because its really beautiful adventure with brutal power.

We finish make new VA "The Mystery Of Crystal Worlds" on 2CD soon and you will listen new tracks from this project. Peace and light.

Trance2MoveU - thanks for cool review :) haha, i very like this album too, because its really beautiful adventure with brutal power.

We finish make new VA "The Mystery Of Crystal Worlds" on 2CD soon and you will listen new tracks from this project. Peace and light.

Great!!! I definetely am listening to more and more Psy-H Project and other artists that favor this raw/melodic style.

• 1 month later...

This is a really nice album, really picks up I feel about halfway through. Hope people aren't sleeping on this one just because of the first darker tracks.

Reminds me of a more goa influenced Darkshire at the start of the album then comes into its own after that.

• 1 year later...

Well I expected a little more varied package. A Darker neogoa release should get a pass by default, but even with it's darker tone, the album as a whole gets a little slushy. The tracks that underperform either show lack of variance and/or seem to just have averagely safe and predictable melodies. A notable example of a let-down is Infernal Candyflip, I really enjoyed it until the last segment at 6:29 that just detaches everything and gets too light-hearted and predictable. Now the tracks that do perform, perform really well. When the melodies do work, the whole package gets lifted and it's really refreshing to hear new goa with darker tones and basically darkpsy basslines.

Noteworthy tracks include In A Shade Of Dadrrount'got, Infinite Freedom(channeling "Lost Buddha" ), Spiritual Experience and the ever so brilliant Ramayana collaboration with Alienapia which is absolutely a stellar track with epic swirling leads.

The sound quality is fine and the cover art makes this a very tempting purchase. It's worth a listen, but as a whole the album is pretty average in my opinion so don't go in expecting something like the debut of Alienapia, which was a bit of an instant classic. However, that's not to write Psy-H Project off, in fact I see much potential with this act and I am looking forward to their future endeavors.

• 2 years later...