Any festival goers this summer?

Trunksan

Hi, I'm starting organising for this year's summer... I will have a VERY VERY busy time the next months, I'm hoping to finish my projects (building my house) until June, so with whatever pocket change I'll have left I REALLY REALLY wanna go to one of the big festivals, since the past 2 years I haven't been to one.

I've been noticing that there's been a shift in having a lot of retro acts, ZNA is the first that comes mind, SUN festival also has a good mix of classic and new acts, OZORA is good as always, Freedom also has a strong line-up...

Anyway, I think the festivals are very good this year, my first choice would be SUN, but I don't know if I'll be able to get the days off from work in July , OZORA seems a bit more easy with the dates. and third would be ZNA but getting from Greece to Portugal can be a pain... not so many flights, and they can be expensive unless I do something like Bus to Patra -> Ryanair to Wherever -> Wherever to Portugal.

So how about your plans????

Me attending any of these festivals requiers a long flight, but I've been dreaming about the summer I get opportunity to go to Ozora or some other great festival.

I am aware that Europe has a high bilingual population etc... is attending one of these festivals friendly to the english speaker?

the only one i'll surely be at is sun festival (the old ozora crew just has a nice taste in music). maybe some smaller austrian ones (spirit base, paradise) and maybe either ozora or lost theory.

@panoptes

there'll be no problem with english. if you as a european want to speak with almost any european that's not from your country you have to use english, so it's probably the most used language at the larger festivals.

I will go to Freqs of Nature in Germany and Lost Theory in Croatia. Even if I didn't have to play there, I would have gone because of the line ups... It's amazing imo, alternative, lots of psychedelic acts and loads of goa-trance, forest & suomi! On Lost Theory, we will even host a full sunday-monday of goa-trance with Suntrip (and Green Nuns, Dimension 5, Darshan,...)! So well, I go where goa goes :D

I will go to Freqs of Nature in Germany and Lost Theory in Croatia. Even if I didn't have to play there, I would have gone because of the line ups... It's amazing imo, alternative, lots of psychedelic acts and loads of goa-trance, forest & suomi! On Lost Theory, we will even host a full sunday-monday of goa-trance with Suntrip (and Green Nuns, Dimension 5, Darshan,...)! So well, I go where goa goes :D

lost theory indeed has a great goa lineup, but the whole forest/dark focus scares me away a bit. i'd rather have the non-goa spots filled with some melodic progressive or fullon. on the other hand... dimension 5 :)

It seems I'll have to stay in Finland for this festival summer (too). S.U.N. Festival would have been nice I guess but Thirteen Festival is at the same time (and I'm playing there...). Maybe Lost Theory too, or Freedom. Well, Finland has 3 festivals this summer anyway (would have been 4 but one had to be cancelled), the most I think I've ever seen, usually there's been 2 at most.

I agree with padmapani, overall SUN has a more balanced/mellow line-up, a bit on the safe side. On the other hand Lost Theory has a lot more new and alternative artists.

Anyway, last year I wanted to go to Lost Theory.... I'd love to go this year.... we'll see, everything can change quickly!!! I could to Croatia with a bus from North Greece, I wouldn't mind.

lost theory indeed has a great goa lineup, but the whole forest/dark focus scares me away a bit. i'd rather have the non-goa spots filled with some melodic progressive or fullon. on the other hand... dimension 5 :)

Couldn't agree more, and that is for sure one of the reasons why I'm not gonna come this year aswell.

Myself and my partner are hoping to get to Lost Theory, Sun or Freedom festival and fractal gate... Possibly more ;) Allll my favourite artists will be covered then! Ones I would never get to see in Australia! :D

@ Shpongle: We won't do a Fractal Gate party in the summer this year... The authorities in Belgium are simply impossible... The reason is simple: there is no place anymore in this crowded country where you can play full power music without causing troubles for some old lady living 3km further... unfortunately :(

But we will do a big indoor edition the 31st of october with old school sets by Cosmosis, Tim Schuldt doing an acid-trance set such as Talking Souls, Brain Accent, Mama Indica,..., E-Mantra, probably Nebula Meltdown and we'll see who else :)

Getting to Lost Theoey from Greece... is a FUCKING PAIN. One must go al the way to Zagreb and then come south to the festival! My only chance is getting on a tour bus to Dubrovnik (they go through Albania) but just pay for the transport and not go with the tour... will have to negotiate this.

Ozora seems more likely than then rest ATM, wouldn't exclude flying there.

But we will do a big indoor edition the 31st of october with old school sets by Cosmosis, Tim Schuldt doing an acid-trance set such as Talking Souls, Brain Accent, Mama Indica,..., E-Mantra, probably Nebula Meltdown and we'll see who else :)

:o

now the only thing needed is for belgium and bavaria to swap places ;)

• 10 months later...

One here in NY in May called Smoke on the Water 2. facebook that if ya have to. Southwild & some finnish guys will be exciting ;D

then summer comes and I leave for SUN, Ozora and Boom.

August here in NY will have Goa Connection. Then maybe Equinox again.

Doing Antaris (20th Anniversary, should be great), Ozora and then popping over to Equinox festival in the USA.

no way! yes, come visit ;D I had a blast last year at Equinox for my first time there. Would it be your first?

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Hi, I'm starting organising for this year's summer... I will have a VERY VERY busy time the next months, I'm hoping to finish my projects (building my house) until June, so with whatever pocket change I'll have left I REALLY REALLY wanna go to one of the big festivals, since the past 2 years I haven't been to one.

I've been noticing that there's been a shift in having a lot of retro acts, ZNA is the first that comes mind, SUN festival also has a good mix of classic and new acts, OZORA is good as always, Freedom also has a strong line-up...

Anyway, I think the festivals are very good this year, my first choice would be SUN, but I don't know if I'll be able to get the days off from work in July , OZORA seems a bit more easy with the dates. and third would be ZNA but getting from Greece to Portugal can be a pain... not so many flights, and they can be expensive unless I do something like Bus to Patra -> Ryanair to Wherever -> Wherever to Portugal.

So how about your plans????

ZNA was a blast :)

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

It seems I'll have to stay in Finland for this festival summer (too). S.U.N. Festival would have been nice I guess but Thirteen Festival is at the same time (and I'm playing there...). Maybe Lost Theory too, or Freedom. Well, Finland has 3 festivals this summer anyway (would have been 4 but one had to be cancelled), the most I think I've ever seen, usually there's been 2 at most.

See you at Lawatanssit?

See you at Lawatanssit?[/size]

Perhaps...

To be honest, you're the only atist I'd come see there anyway. Been thinking with a friend of mine to get a car ride there, buy a day ticket, see your set and then hang around until we feel like it's time to leave :)