What others think about Goa Trance

radi6404

So you can find out easily what others thinkabout Goa Trance when you take a CD with you and pretent to want to hear some speakers. When I bought my first Hifi speakers I listened Goa in a big electronic store and a few days ago I wanted to listen to some 900 € speakers, the Magat Quantum 807. I put in Infinity Project - Wow and Pleiadians - Electra, turned the volume very high to see how the speakers cope with that and a group of teenagers was amazed by the music, commenting how good it is. They thought it hs "hard techno" and they loked to me as someone who is cool. Ofcourse I donÄt pay attention to that but my point is that many more people would like goa trance odl or new if they would hear it and know about it. Any time I have played that music in a store here in western Germany peple liked it, they were wondering wht kind of music that is and the reactions of some peoples faces was just hilarious. So that prooves that more people would enjoy such music if it was mor eknown to them.

I would not know it myself I guess if my cousin would not have introduced my to it.

No,

the only reason why they were interested is because it's something new,

and probably because it has a baseline, that's all.

that does not mean they will like it the second time.

If they are really interested they will find their own way.

It's not that there's not enough information about goa on the internet.

But If you want to be the village idiot handing information flyers about goa in your town, be my guest,

And please, please post some pictures doing it :D

Sadly, most of the people I introduce goa/psytrance to don't like it - I live in the USA and we get a lot of cheesy mainstream music - most people are too square for goa in my opinion - goa/psytrance taps into the shamanic dimensions of the mind, and I think the squares are freaked out by it..

And then others, who do like electronica, sometimes don't like the psytrance stage when we are at festivals and parties together, because the beat is too fast (and usually I agree in that environment - I'd rather go dance to some house or breakbeats or whatever - unless its an actual goa/psy artist that I like playing)

I agree with healium, Goa is extreme music just like for example black metal

and the mainstream people are not that into extreme music.

Parties with extreme music are mostly to different and not that approachable.

But that's what I like about it :)

I don't think we should keep Goa underground at all, the artists want to earn money and if they could earn more money because more people are listening to it than it is a good idea that the scene becomes bigger. I think the scene should become bigger and Goa Trance getting more mainstream, if the artists could earn more money they would have more motivation to produce great music. I know that music is not about money ut still I think that money would motivate the artists to release more great music.

I think that money would motivate the artists to release more great music.

Are you serious? Earning lots of money is the EXACT reason why mainstream music is the stinking pile of shit that it is. Money and the accompanying success kill creativity. If you notice that you can earn a lot of money with something the logical economic consequence is that you will try to maximalise the cash which comes down to creating a formula which costs less time but can be produced in much greater quantities = spewing out uncomplicated shit after shit.

Radi I don't know which planet you come from,

but Goa/Psytrance already had it's top back in 2003 - 2009.

Everybody wanted to visit a "Goa party" suddenly...

It already entered the mainstream but as usual,

the mainstream has a disposable attitude and

now days Goa/Psy isn't "hip" anymore.

I don't know if that's an international fact, probably not,but in Belgium it is...

and I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of Europe had the same trend like your country Germany (yes?)...

And to be honest I'm glad the goa hype is over in Belgium,

I didn't anyone me that it became more commercial,

but I like it smaller, we got more problems with the cops,

people from clubs came around, less respect, fights,etc...

You are so from outer space :P

Do you even know this website? http://www.goabase.net

One of the first/oldest goa websites ever international (from Germany btw)

I agree with the fact that goa is too extreme also I'm torn wether it should or even could go mainstream. The average person enjoys minimalistic music with a catchy hook and a verses ect. Let them have it their way.... and we'll have the good stuff ^^

Another factor especially for people not familiar with electronica is the fact that there are no vocals, how can the simpletons sing along to all those beeping noises?!?!

The notion that it taps into the shamanic dimensions of the mind I find very interesting .... perhaps therein lies the difference between the "real 'goa' lover" (by which I mean the ones that actually listen to this type of music at home, not only at parties) and the ones that only attend parties because of .... I was just wondering on that ....

I'm not convinced about the whole shamanic dimensions of the mind thing(even though there are plenty of tracks with that theme) In my opinion goa is the purest form of trance.

Ancient shamans probably used some sort of music (among other things) to induce a state of trance just like listeners to goa trance can, that's what I mean with tapping into the shamanic dimensions of the mind. Maybe you can call it some sort of hypnotism. Surely, as frequent listeners of Goa, some will have had thsi experience (I wonder) .... I am not saying Goa is the only form of music that can achieve this but it is my belief it is one of the strongest "vessels" to achieve this state ..... it just takes you furhter and beyond (if you're open for it) ....

we have a mainstream...................................... its called ............................ now wait for it.............................. drum roll frank .............................. frank?................................................ drum roll please frank............................ someone wake frank up....................... there it is...................................

electric universe

hehe yes the mainstream Vs underground arguments have been around since donkey years (well, at least since 1992 ;) ). In the early 90s, the original pioneers of trance music eventually started making eurodance (Jam and Spoon, Dance 2 Trance, Torsten Fenslau as Culture Beat etc...). Then goatrance started differentiating itself from "mainstream" trance but it still had its share of commercial acts (MWNN - Teleport, Astral Projection - People Can Fly actually had videos that passed on MTV, I don't think any act today, no matter how commercial can achieve such a "performance"). Today I find that psytrance as a whole, especially full-on seems to be commercialized to the max and aimed to 16 year-old kids BUT in someway it still isn't as commercial as back in the days since you don't get to listen to such stuff on daytime radio and MTV like back then!

Now back to the original topic, replace metal by psytrance and this scene pretty much sums up my convesations with "mainstream" people about this music:

Altough People canFly is not even the best track by them. It is rather commercial. kabalah,The Feelings, Utopia are much more geniune than Peopl ean Fly.

GTFO!!!

People Can Fly is the best AP track and not commercail at all!

Altough People canFly is not even the best track by them. It is rather commercial. kabalah,The Feelings, Utopia are much more geniune than Peopl ean Fly.

Don't quite understand what so commercial about "People can fly" either?! .... If you mean by commercial a lot of people like it ..... ?? And what do you mean by "much more genuine"?