psychedelic tatoos

technosomy

as some of you are aware i have a few, but does anyone else?

mine represent the time in my life listening to psy and goa/what i was doing and the influences coming out of this genre directly on my life, keeping me on, and throwing me off the path so to speak.

includes, psychedelic designs to, but am curious if there are any like mine more direct at the music/labels etc

thanks

@techno: the first photo, is that the Flying Rhino logo?

yup

to clear up the questions that people may ask, i used the later progressive rhino symbol as i felt it reflected the more mature style rhino became (as well as myself) more proggy, as i got it done later on after they defunct, but the original design is in the works (rhinos are one of my favorite animals also) and am part of i.r.f, others on the go are transient, tip, and some of the more obscure label/album designs,

yup

to clear up the questions that people may ask, i used the later progressive rhino symbol as i felt it reflected the more mature style rhino became (as well as myself) more proggy, as i got it done later on after they defunct, but the original design is in the works (rhinos are one of my favorite animals also) and am part of i.r.f, others on the go are transient, tip, and some of the more obscure label/album designs,

The logo is cool, FR was so cool that IMO it was the most refined psy label. Luckily, I have the R:volution Box, my friends die of envy when they see it!

Well.... I sort of have a goa-ish tatoo... I have Indian writing on my chest which I got in a hut in south India without alternating electric current (AC), the needle was powered by the battery of a truck (DC, direct current). It says "Here Now", reversed so I can see it properly on the mirror in the morning when I wake up and wash my face/teeth and shave. Basically I want all my tattos to be visible to me, not on my back, so nothin on my bak or outer arms (triceps, elbow....).

I want to get a lot of different small tattos like patchwork of my life's interests, I have already designed most at Photoshop but I want to get them after I build my house (which hopoefull will be before the end of 2013), something like a present to myself.

On the center of my chest I want to put a black Uroboros/ Cycles of life/Naruto influenced tatoo. I've designed it myself! love manga!

Left shoulder (the round front of the rotator cuff) I want to put a pixelated-magic mushroom... obviously a reference to psychedelics and old school video games, I might add a goa touch to it..

Right shoulder (the round front of the rotator cuff) a pixelated dragonball... Again a referece to manga and old school video games... When I was a kid I was the president of the Greek Dragonball fan club (Dragonball Hellas)

Top of my belly (arch under the chest) I want to put the delphic E which is like this "3Ε" .... And write "Gnothi S'eauton" (Know thyself) and "Miden Agan" (Never exaggerate) on each side, reversed so I can see it on the mirror. It is mentioned that it was written this way on the metope of the oracle's temple in Delphi, in Ancient Greece. A reference to ancient Greek philosophy. Unfortunanetly the delphic E is also misused and abused by the Greek far right political parties, but I have nothin to do with them.

On the top of 1 foot a Half Greek half brazilian flag and write JJB (stands for Jiu Jitsu Brasileiro) and the other foot a Greek and Japanese flag with the Japnese characters for Kodokan Judo. Reference to my passion for grappling arts (Wrestling, Judo, Jiu Jitsu).

Thats's all for now!

Hey techosomy... what's the deal with all the DRI logos.... I missed them 3 months ago when they were playing in Athens, didn't find it out and noone told me either.

dam bro you got it all worked out, make sure you get someone good to do them, sounds awsome!

everyone of my tattoos (30 plus now i think) represents a passion, or something extremley dear to me, including the d.r.i tats

they are over 20 years old now, have been into them since the mid 80's and have everything they have ever done, with most albums and shirts signed by the band.

built up quite a friendship with kurt and spike few years back, and helped spike out with auctioning off some of the stuff they signed for me to help with funds for his medical bills after his colon was removed.

they love playing greece don't they?

not sure what happened, their touring has been quite eratic as he hasn't been well.

but alas, have never had the honour to meet them in person. or see them live!

was still in nz when they came to australia in 87, and they never been back since

oh well maybe one day.

post some pics of your tats when they get done.........

and all you fellas, can't believe no one else has any at all remotley associated with goa etc.

does anyone have any period!

I know.... an American guy told me that the Hindu writting on my chest needs something like a tone/punctuation. The problem is that with India having hundreds of dialects (plus totally different languages) things get written and spelled tottaly different from place to place, plus the tattoo artist could have been illiterate.

I don't really care though! It's the spirit of the moment that matters... it makes it even better IMHO.

I'm not worried about Kanji though, I have Japanese friends!

Posted Image

lol

I dont have tattoos, I might get one day, but as ollylovesgoa said, its such a commitment that you must think it through, it must be integral part of your life, of what you are and not just some random chinese noodle brand written all over your biceps :lol:

lol

I dont have tattoos, I might get one day, but as ollylovesgoa said, its such a commitment that you must think it through, it must be integral part of your life, of what you are and not just some random chinese noodle brand written all over your biceps :lol:

agreed, every single one i have is extremley integral, and part of my timeline, reflecting, my passions, my family (deceased mainly) core values, and things to remind me about staying on the path!