The Big Football Thread

Insejn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tonight it's go big or go broke for the netherlands! Any predictions? I'm guessing 2-2... Or a victory for germany...

I have been watching the matches and Russia has made great matches. BTW, all matches I have seen so far have been fantastic. European soccer has a personality of its own. I wish that there was some sort of Europe-South America Soccer Cup. Imagine Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Colombia playing against European countries. It would be stronger, much more competitive than World Cup.

What a horrible play in first half from Croatia, second one was a bit better but that isn't good enough. Maybe 1-1 vs Italy seems OK but IMO and in opinion of many Croats, we're expecting a lot more from our team. Only good thing was our supporters, who showed one more time that they're most passionate in whole world. Minus thoos flares, that sucks.

I went to a pub with friends tonight and we watched England vs. Italy. What a shitty match, it's times like this that I'm glad I couldn't care less about football.

It was somewhat an interesting game. I was a tad surprised by the legless England. Maybe it was just a result of Hodgson's tactic but I reckon England could hold the ball more and create more chances under right circumstances. Nevertheless, the right team won the PK competition.

I'd say the England Italy match was really good, even though neither team could score.

I'll take your word for it, to my uneducated eyes it seemed like very little was happening except for the occasional opportunity on either side being ham-fistedly blown.

But if you don't care about football, why even bother.

I was just there to see my friends.