The Big Football Thread

Insejn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Barcelona's match last night against Plzen, and although they were obviously no match for Guardiola's team, and the final score was appropriate, what strikes about Barcelona is their incessant technical superiority, exemplary team work, and a constant humble approach towards their adversaries which never fails to impress.

Despite their rock solid quality, they never take anything for granted, and play ever match like it was the decisive one, which in football, in an odd way, every match is...

So potent and above the rest, yet with a firm, down to earth grip on soccer.

Oh yeah, and Messi with his 203 goals for Barcelona is the club's second all time striker, right behind the legendary Cesar Rodriguez, with 235 goals. Bare in mind that he is only 24 years old, and as hard as it is to imagine, he may still not be in his prime.

To imagine that Barcelona also has players like Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Eric Abidal... Wow, seems like a dream team.

For this year's Ballon d'Or, out of the 23 players nominated by FIFA and France Footbal, eight (8!!!) of them are from Barcelona, and Pep Guardiola is nominated for best coach.

How do you beat that?

So are you saying they gonna win the Champoins League?

I need a good input for a betting strategy, that's why I'm asking.

Yes, but Real Madrid looks strong this year tho.

Very true, they probably have more chances to win something than last year. I hope they don´t, I can not stand a team made out of a paycheck. Embarrasing the amount of money they pay for players, and how they get rid of their own......

And Mourihno has an obsession with Barça that is probably causing him some desease. If Real Madrid wins Barça for more that 2 goals in any game soon he will probably explode out of ego...... :wacko:

So are you saying they gonna win the Champoins League?

I need a good input for a betting strategy, that's why I'm asking.

Barça have serious chances again...., and is probably favorite all around Europe. Don´t know if that is good or not....... :huh:

Bayern will be strong this year (again). IMO:

Barcelona

Bayern

Real M.

Man Unit.

Man City

I don't know why, but Bayern still doesn't quite convince me... They can do much better, and I wasn't gripped by their performance against Napoli. Had it been a tougher, more experienced team, I seriously doubt Bayern would leave the field with a positive score...

As far as Man. City goes, I don't know about you Richpa, but I got the impression that it's yet another team bought by a rich sheik, and all of a sudden they're tossing paper bills around like they jumped out of a Chingy video... Let's hope they actually put some effort and constructive team work into the whole equation, rather than signing obnoxious paychecks!

Manchester United have been on fire for years now, at the very top of european football for quite some time now, and as usual, I give them high chances.

@ Richpa: a kaj je s Dinamom? :P

Not really sure where Bayern stands. They are kinda inconsintent when it comes to performence. Altho I get the feeling they perform better against better opponents. But I must add I haven't seen much of them.

Man Utd is always a contender. I think Barca, Real Madrid and Man Utd will be at it again.

Nobody has mentioned Arsenal. Way to weak?

I don't know why, but Bayern still doesn't quite convince me... They can do much better, and I wasn't gripped by their performance against Napoli. Had it been a tougher, more experienced team, I seriously doubt Bayern would leave the field with a positive score...

They don't have that much big names like Barcelona or Real Madrid but they got something that Real Madrid in my opinion doesn't have yet - solid team play. Game with Napoli was one of the weakest Bayern performances lately but trust me, I'm not gonna be suprised if we see Bayern in semi-finals this year.

As far as Man. City goes, I don't know about you Richpa, but I got the impression that it's yet another team bought by a rich sheik, and all of a sudden they're tossing paper bills around like they jumped out of a Chingy video... Let's hope they actually put some effort and constructive team work into the whole equation, rather than signing obnoxious paychecks!

I don't like Man City or any other club which gets huge financial input from Arabs but the fact is that at this moment, Man City is on the top of Premiership and that league is alongside with Primera the most competetive football league. They don't have that much experience in Champions League, but I'm sure that they can reach quter or semi finals.

Manchester United have been on fire for years now, at the very top of european football for quite some time now, and as usual, I give them high chances.

Agreed

@ Richpa: a kaj je s Dinamom? :P

A Dinamo treba još par sezona da odradi u Ligi Prvaka da bi uopce mogao racunati na proljece u Europi. :D

I don't see anyone beating Barca. They're a team with a capital T and for many positions have the best players in the world. Only a very successful defensive tactic might make a difference for the opponent in a one-off final.

Bayern has a few players which are by now highly experienced, and are able to play on the highest level. They still have the backbone of the same team which lost the final to Inter Milan not so long ago...

Plus Gomez seems on fire at the moment.

I tend to agree with you about Man. City though. My opinion is that they can more or less reach the same level of success in the Champions League as Tottenham had reached the previous season.

I think Arsenal hit their recent peak in the 2009/2010 season of the Champions League, as they played extraordinarily beautiful and organized footbal, but then unfortunately get sunk by the Barca submarine... They always fare well, but lack that last magic touch. I even think how they played in a more attractive manner last season than during the 2005/2006 season, when tragically losing the final to Barcelona... However, I think Fabregas is a player they still haven't adequately replaced in their team. We'll see though, Wagner is one cunning man!

Not really sure where Bayern stands. They are kinda inconsintent when it comes to performence. Altho I get the feeling they perform better against better opponents. But I must add I haven't seen much of them.

Man Utd is always a contender. I think Barca, Real Madrid and Man Utd will be at it again.

Nobody has mentioned Arsenal. Way to weak?

Arsenal are looking a lot better now and I think could have a really good chance; if only someone else can knock out Barcelona & Man United for them.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP4bm7cxEs0

Looong time ago Turks wanted to yield Europe, but there were Croats who stood agains just like tonight - in the heart of Turkey (Istanbul) we fought for our honor and we defeted them. There is a lot similarity between football and history :)

Wish all the best for my home country Bosnia and to our fellow neighbours Montenegro in the following games. I know it's not CL topic, but goddamn it's football so why can't we have just one topic for all this stuff, anyways there is a lot of guys from States and Asia (do not offend, but let's be honest, many of you guys doesn't watch football, escuse me scoccer at all) who comes here and doesn't follow this sport, so maybe it's better to have all football-related stuff at one place ^^

So, Portugal just 0-0 against Bosnia. What's up with that. Except that is damn hard meeting teams from FYR.

In my opinion, Bosnia just like Montenegro plays really good and both team showed that in their groups, hopefully both will find their place at Euro, but it will be hard, especially to Bosnia in Lisabon.

Montenegro is THE surprise team of the bunch, as far as this round of qualifications go...

Their success was almost as sudden and unpredictable as Schalke's participation in the last year's Champions League semi-finals.

And Croatia... Lovely match, finally something ticked the players and inspired them to get their act together. A really important victoty, and one which should be remembered.

Hey guys, check this goal out.... Always fun to see these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOfDdpGjtfo&feature=player_embedded

Austria is the last crap.

I don't know if anybody watched today's match against Ukraine ... and we lost it so bad.

That was awful. I know we don't play in the league of teams discussed here ... but I just have to vent it somewhere :P

Don't count on us...

We (Funland) played against Denmark yesterday. Started out promising we went into a lead 0-1, but couldn't hold on to it in the end (2-1). The game of the team has certainly improved under the new coach from Stuart Baxter's period. Stuart Baxter? Yeah, you don't know him let's keep it that way...

Croatia will deservably be attending next year's Euro.

The performance against Turkey was confident and well pulled off.

However, let's not go sky high yet, since we have to remember that we had to go through play offs for final tournament. Taking into consideration our group (F) realistically wasn't that hard to go through, I'd rather hold my breath and wait for some real challenges.

We (Funland) played against Denmark yesterday. Started out promising we went into a lead 0-1, but couldn't hold on to it in the end (2-1). The game of the team has certainly improved under the new coach from Stuart Baxter's period. Stuart Baxter? Yeah, you don't know him let's keep it that way...

I know him. He was coach for AIK Stockholm if I remember correctly. He has also been in tv sports panels over here.