Cyberрunk themed tracks

deepXcode

Examрles

Element Over Nature - The Age Of Cyberspace

Shakta - Neuromancer

Cybernaut - Metal Birds

Are there any more ?

Kris Kylven definitely used the most 'cyberpunk' themes... check out EON Project: Brain Filter album, Element Over Nature: Cyber Reality, Cyberkrist: Crossworld.

Some others I could mention:

Electric Universe - Online Information

IM - Virtual Voyage

Spies feat. Tim Schuldt - Living Entity

Fractal Glider - Karmic Implications

The Nam Shub Of Enki - Cube

The Visitors - Tiny Little Engines

TIP - Virtual Reality Is Here

i'd like to ask for the vice versa...

i was looking at Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, precisely episode 9, and there is this phrase that i am so sure i've heard it on a track somewhere...

Any new speculation as to who was behind this affair and the one 6 years ago is a waste of time.

I've got a feeling that the key to unlocking the mystery can be found when we ask ourselves what factor gave rise to the event in the past and the string of phenomena which occurred immediately after this recent death threat.

ps, the major is siiiiiiiick

i'd like to ask for the vice versa...

i was looking at Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, precisely episode 9, and there is this phrase that i am so sure i've heard it on a track somewhere...

Silicon sound made a good rmx,

maybe...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHgJGQnBLcA

yea ive been aware of it but no, its not the one i was looking for...

the text quoted is actually very CLEAR and its around the PAUSE/BREAK of the track. i can bet it was something darkish...

I completely second Darshan, Semsis and Tim Schuldt, those are also very good suggestions imo.

My main suggestion however would be the album "unstable" by Slide. It has the grittiness and punkish attitude.

just check out these tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TZFVY3ZoOQ

another BIG tip (no one seems to know him) is Jujouka, pure cyberpunk IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lidU21agWgc

quirk also fits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9Kdx9P_JM

some old x-dream maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuHe7ibXNYQ

more random tips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11uVmjvvb-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haoj9OXCIL0

(PSYBREAKS FUCK YES)

Honestly I think that this is a vague question because only few tracks have an explicit cyberpunk theme - Most of the tracks I would label as cyberpunk simply evoke some kind of cyberpunk images in my mind.

Dark Nebula -

Scatterbrain -

just deleted my whole post..argh..

Cyberpunk in Psy? oh how i;m confused....I see cyberpunks at Techno events...it can be pretty hardcore.... I thought it was a fashion statement, not a genre....so i have been searching for cyberpunk themed music, and keep finding hardcore Techno My link

..but no trance... yet!

close? My link

• 2 weeks later...

absolum has a psyberpunk kind of feel...especially the track - "hologram"

manibus - virus (is a really good track imo) migt qualify...but really only because of the title and the fact that is a little edgier.

meh...cyberpunk is really the realm of ebm and industrial. theres just too much "spirituality" in psytrance....and not quite enough trans-humanism (although im not sure why)

Not too many releases on this label, but they're worth checking out: http://www.discogs.com/label/Atomic+Reactor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Posted Image MFG 'Overload'

'Enter.'

'Access denied.'

'Access granted.'

From the movie 'The Lawnmower Man' Posted Image

PS. Just listened to this track via /0 online radio and the samples reminded me The Lawnmower Man movie. I've checked then psydb and appeared to be just right :)

PS2. And another track that feets this:

Toï Doï - Replicant

There seem to be no psydb entry for this, but it seems to me that it is from Blade Runner movie.

Also, seems like whole Toï Doï - Technologic album matches by looking on it's name and the cover!

Posted Image

Edited by deepXcode

just deleted my whole post..argh..

Cyberpunk in Psy? oh how i;m confused....I see cyberpunks at Techno events...it can be pretty hardcore.... I thought it was a fashion statement, not a genre....so i have been searching for cyberpunk themed music, and keep finding hardcore Techno My link

..but no trance... yet!

close? My link

Cyberpunk is a postmodern and science fiction genre noted for its focus on "high tech and low life." The name was originally coined byBruce Bethke as the title of his short story "Cyberpunk," published in 1983. It features advanced science, such as information technologyand cybernetics, coupled with a degree of breakdown or radical change in the social order. Cyberpunk works are well situated within postmodern literature.

Cyberpunk plots often center on a conflict among hackers, artificial intelligences, and megacorporations, and tend to be set in a near-futureEarth, rather than the far-future settings or galactic vistas found in novels such as Isaac Asimov's Foundation or Frank Herbert's Dune. The settings are usually post-industrial dystopias but tend to be marked by extraordinary cultural ferment and the use of technology in ways never anticipated by its creators ("the street finds its own uses for things"). Much of the genre's atmosphere echoes film noir, and written works in the genre often use techniques from detective fiction.

"Classic cyberpunk characters were marginalized, alienated loners who lived on the edge of society in generally dystopic futures where daily life was impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body." –

The science-fiction editor
is generally acknowledged as the person who popularized the use of the term "cyberpunk" as a kind of
, although Minnesota writer
coined the term in 1980 for his short story "Cyberpunk," which was published in the November 1983 issue of
. The term was quickly appropriated as a label to be applied to the works of
and others. Of these, Sterling became the movement's chief ideologue, thanks to his
John Shirley wrote articles on Sterling and Rucker's significance.

with his novel
(1984) is likely the most famous writer connected with the term cyberpunk. He emphasized style, a fascination with surfaces, and atmosphere over traditional science-fiction
. Regarded as ground-breaking and sometimes as "the archetypal cyberpunk work,"
Neuromancer
was awarded the
, and
Awards. After Gibson's popular debut novel,
(1986) and
(1988) followed. According to the
, "Gibson's near-total ignorance of computers and the present-day hacker culture enabled him to speculate about the role of computers and hackers in the future in ways hackers have since found both irritatingly naïve and tremendously stimulating."

Early on, cyberpunk was hailed as a radical departure from science-fiction standards and a new manifestation of vitality. Shortly thereafter, however, many critics arose to challenge its status as a revolutionary movement. These critics said that the SF
of the 1960s was much more innovative as far as narrative techniques and styles were concerned. Furthermore, while
Neuromancer
's narrator may have had an unusual "voice" for science fiction, much older examples can be found: Gibson's narrative voice, for example, resembles that of an updated
, as in his novel
(1939). Others noted that almost all traits claimed to be uniquely cyberpunk could in fact be found in older writers' works—often citing
, and even
. For example, Philip K. Dick's works contain recurring themes of social decay, artificial intelligence, paranoia, and blurred lines between objective and subjective realities, and the influential cyberpunk movie
is based on one of his books. Humans linked to machines are found in Pohl and Kornbluth's
(1959) and
's
(1968).

In 1994, scholar Brian Stonehill suggested that
's 1973 novel
"not only curses but precurses what we now glibly dub cyberspace." Other important predecessors include
's two most celebrated novels,
and
, as well as
's novella

Science-fiction writer
describes cyberpunk as "the finest free promotion campaign ever waged on behalf of science fiction." It may not have attracted the "real punks," but it did ensnare many new readers, and it provided the sort of movement that postmodern literary critics found alluring. Cyberpunk made science fiction more attractive to academics, argues Brin; in addition, it made science fiction more profitable to
and to the visual arts generally. Although the "self-important rhetoric and whines of persecution" on the part of cyberpunk fans were irritating at worst and humorous at best, Brin declares that the "rebels did shake things up. We owe them a debt."

Cyberpunk further inspired many professional writers who were not among the "original" cyberpunks to incorporate cyberpunk ideas into their own works, such as
's
magazine, created by Louis Rossetto and Jane Metcalfe, mixes new technology, art, literature, and current topics in order to interest today’s cyberpunk fans, which Paula Yoo claims "proves that hardcore hackers, multimedia junkies, cyberpunks and cellular freaks are poised to take over the world."

;)