Need new, highly melodic music.

Phobius

Hi. I absolutely love full-on melodic psy, but I've noticed a pattern. It's not just about fantastic melodies, it's also about the placement and the overall harmony of the piece. Here are perhaps my four most beloved records ever:

* Chromosome - DMT Cowboys

* Artax - 8 Bits of Bliss

* Pleiadians - I.F.O.

* Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception

If you take a listen to each one, they don't have that generic psy feel that a lot of modern productions have, even though they're fully still within the realms of psy and are therefore classified as such. These albums are just 'different'. They break moulds; for me, anyway. So, in essence, what I'm asking for is not more of the same, but something that's very different. This is kind of like saying "I want something, but I don't know what I want.". Granted. Still, if you get my drift, or roundabouts, anyway, share your thoughts.

Ra's 9th didn't catch me so much after I got it. I completely agree that it is very well centered upon a theme, and it executes that theme very well. It's a good record, but it didn't give me that special feeling in my mind.

I agree about Filteria, and have bought his first and latest records. The first would have to be the best of the two. I haven't heard Heliopolis. Again, I like the album, but it didn't cut the final red line.

I'm looking into this Hunab Ku album. Looks strange and extremely rare. I just talked to a guy who said he had it, and it apparently sold for 225 Euro. Yikes!

Thank you all for the recommendations. If you have any more, please share!

Check out the artist Yahel, his album - Waves of Sound is highly melodic, with geuninely emotional melodies, some have said it's a bit cheesy but I think it's an album crafted with skill that works and avoids cringe worthy fluffiness.

I agree about Filteria, and have bought his first and latest records. The first would have to be the best of the two. I haven't heard Heliopolis. Again, I like the album, but it didn't cut the final red line.

I wouldn't suggest Heliopolis if Sky Input didn't do it for you. I haven't heard much of Daze of Our Lives; I just haven't been able to get into Filteria much, but I do think Sky Input is better.

I find Alienapia's "Goapocalipsis" to be highly melodic, as well as aggressive and somewhat atypical.

I also suggest Artha's "Influencing Dreams". It's not exactly atypical, but very well-crafted songs and excellent production.

Are you familiar with either of those?

I wouldn't suggest Heliopolis if Sky Input didn't do it for you. I haven't heard much of Daze of Our Lives; I just haven't been able to get into Filteria much, but I do think Sky Input is better.

I like Sky Input, I really do. There's just this... hard to describe, almost like another level that some albums get for me. It's almost euphoric listening to DMT Cowboys.

I find Alienapia's "Goapocalipsis" to be highly melodic, as well as aggressive and somewhat atypical.

I also suggest Artha's "Influencing Dreams". It's not exactly atypical, but very well-crafted songs and excellent production.

Are you familiar with either of those?

Haven't heard of either! Going to go check those out now. Thank you!

I don't know if it fits your taste since it is slower and softer than Nystagmus and Pleadians and also more progressive but it is highly melodic:

I caught him live (while trippin...) and I was totally absorbed by his wall of sound. I bought his album later and also listening to it sobber puts it among my favourite releases. The tracks on Soundcloud are not my favourites, Looking Forward for example is really good imho. Check it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8GkVkhC6E

Impossible to get when 52 people have it? :D

I think it's easy to get, but it costs money.

Impossible to get if you don't wish to spend 200€+ on a CD. I really wonder how many copies were printed of all of blue moon catalog, everything in there is extremely rare.

quote name='mars' timestamp='1310071399' post='981154']

Check Artifact303 album.

THAT is highly melodic!!

http://www.suntriprecords.com/product/item/SUNCD22/

Artifact303 is the shit!

Also:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z9v3pMl8P0

I thought at first you guys were talking about Artifakt--who I was actually going to recommend to the OP :) I'm not an expert with him, in fact I only recently first listened to his stuff, with the album Artifakts II. So not sure if it's the perfect example of 'melodic' music but he is very unique and it was a fresh breath of air. Takes a different approach. Also check out the artist Loud if you haven't.

All Suntrip releases are worth checking out if you are looking for highly melodic music/goatrance...

http://www.discogs.c...Suntrip+Records

I've noticed you like Chromosome and Nystagmus who are totally different compared to goatrance...

You should try Dacru records, also a Belgian label but morning fullon...

http://www.discogs.c...l/Dacru+Records

Artist like Ephedrix, Aquila, Digicult are all highly melodic....

don't forget the 'Orientation' compilations... You'll notice the presence of Chromosome and Nystagmus tracks on those comp's....