A real Psychedelic Trance experience

Ormion

It's rare to find a track that defines what psychedelic trance is about.* Psychedelic trance not as a music genre, but as an experience.

Pure psychedelic ecstatic experience.

I found one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1xeEGdX3w4

Listen to the whole track. Especially the second half is beyond words.

*IMO :)

What do you mean psychedelic trance experience? Trance aka ecstacy is a state you can reach through dancing to trancy beats, usually under the influence of psychedelic drugs. Btw I didn't find the track that special, Psykovsky does way better than this.

Yeah I mean exactly this:

Trance aka ecstacy is a state you can reach through dancing to trancy beats while covered in fractals all around you.

Psykovksy is indeed another artist that defines that for me.

I agree with you on that one, Ormion. Amazingly psychedelic. It's like updated Koxbox or Hux Flux. Makes me wonder sometimes what's going through these producers' heads to be able to come up with galactic stuff like that. So much work! And if it comes naturally, only weirder! My only complaint would be that it might be about 10 BPM too fast to be groovy. Otherwise, a total trip.

I agree with you on that one, Ormion. Amazingly psychedelic. It's like updated Koxbox or Hux Flux. Makes me wonder sometimes what's going through these producers' heads to be able to come up with galactic stuff like that. So much work! And if it comes naturally, only weirder! My only complaint would be that it might be about 10 BPM too fast to be groovy. Otherwise, a total trip.

Yep, I really can't understand how they made stuff like that. There's a different sound every second!

has anybody heard this new Re-Horakhty track, that is a true psychedelic trance experience! :ph34r:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-7N3elFrSw

one of the best tracks I have heard for ages!

ed: try this one as well Joe ;)

well I actually recommend getting it from ektoplazm (or stream it from the player) since the youtube version has quite compressed sound, doesn't really work ideally (well no surprise really).

has anybody heard this new Re-Horakhty track, that is a true psychedelic trance experience! :ph34r:

well I actually recommend getting it from ektoplazm (or stream it from the player) since the youtube version has quite compressed sound, doesn't really work ideally (well no surprise really).

Yep, great track and great comp as well!

Hmm...well for me stuff like that certainly has interesting sounds and composition, but it's not the least bit "trancy".

I guess you are referring to the Kashyyyk track, were I must agree," trancy" no, "psychedelic" yes.... I do find the Re-Horakhty track very" trancy", especially after it really kicks of at around 2:30(?)....I love the "ambient layers" floating on top of it all :)

This is an amazing track.

What the hell, I actually feel like this is an evolution from late 90s psytrance. That bassline is doing wonders coupled with the sweeping leads. Fantastic track! I feel like people should point out more often when something like this surfaces.

This thread is a good examplo of how the notion of "psychedelic" is subtle and subjective: none of the videos grabbed my senses, despite being very good.

I have a hundred tracks I think puts me in a tranced state. One I remeber, and love, is Mantic - Bazaar Bizarre.