Sci-Fi Movies

seraph

71 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 5 Favourite SCI-FI Movies

• Metropolis ( 1927 )
    • The Day The Earth Stood Still ( 1951 )
    • Invasion Of The Body Snatchers ( 1956 )
    • 2001: A Space Odyssey ( 1968 )
    • THX 1138 ( 1971 )
    • Solaris ( 1972 )
    • Soylent Green ( 1973 )
    • Close Encounters Of The Third Kind ( 1977 )
    • Alien ( 1979 )
    • Blade Runner ( 1982 )
    • 2010 ( 1984 )
    • Dune ( 1984 )
    • 1984 ( 1984 )
    • Brazil ( 1985 )
    • Aliens ( 1986 )
    • The Abyss ( 1989 )
    • Twelve Monkeys ( 1995 )
    • The Fifth Element ( 1997 )
    • Dark City ( 1998 )
    • The Matrix ( 1999 )
    • Minority Report ( 2002 )
    • Back To The Future 1 & 2
    • The Terminator 1 & 2
    • Star Trek Series
    • Star Wars Series
    • Andromeda Strain ( 1971 )
    • Event Horizon ( 1997 )
    • Planet of The Apes ( 1968 )
    • Equilibrium ( 2002 )
    • Predator ( 1987 )
    • Gatacca ( 1997 )

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, I just saw a trailer for a new Riddick movie. Looked more like Pitch Black than Chronicles.

Yeah, they said that they will return to the atmosphere of Pitch Black and abadon over the top visuals that were presented in Chronicles (even I like both movies I think that idea of returning to the Pitch Black style will be a good decission).

• 2 weeks later...

^ going to see it very soon.. seems very gundam like, just with monsters... really looking forward to it. Did you see it in 2 or 3D?

Especially because it's 2nd move by director of District9 :D

Yeah... and it looks pretty damn awesome, he really has a nice style. Kind of an updated post-apocalyptic mad max style :D

I didn't. I've been waiting for Blomkamps second movie for years now. Looking really good!

So why didn't you post it here :P

I've never seen Gundam, but I can vouch for it being very very like Evangelion.

Ohh yes even more so! Since they are also fighting monsters. Gundam are fighting other giant robots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwQwTDyASA

Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix), Bill Paxton (Aliens) and Kevin Zegers (Dawn of the Dead), headline an all-star cast in this savage and unrelenting thriller about mankind's greatest enemy: himself. As an endless winter engulfs Earth, humans struggle to survive in remote underground outposts. When Colony 7 receives a distress call from a nearby settlement, Sam (Zegers) and Briggs (Fishburne) race through the snow on a dangerous rescue mission. What they find at the desolate base could mean mankind's salvation-or its total annihilation. Terrifying discoveries will unfold that will change the rules of survival forever.

In Theaters: Sep 20, 2013 Limited

Image Entertainment - Official Site offsite.gif

Decent movie, nice action, 6,5/10 (and yes, it's better than The Day After Tomorrow, even it's not a blockbuster).

Just watched Europa Report yesterday... pretty damn cool, finally a non-Hollywood sci-fi that really works, beautiful images and good story

http://www.amazon.com/Europa-Report-Watch-While-Theaters/dp/B00DNUF7KW

I'm really looking forward to that movie!

@Imba - Yeah, Oblivion is very nice, couple of decent story twists and eyecandy cgi and stylish setting during the whole movie!

I'm really looking forward to that movie!

and don't expect an effects blaze, its a low budget film, but they manage to create something realistic none-the-less :) I really hope it can lead the way for more realistic sci-fi. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a huge buzz about Gravity, James Cameron told that it's best space movie ever made and mr. Cameron is a dude who knows something about proper sci-fi. Anyway I just saw World War Z even it's not hardcore sci-fi it got some elements and it's a cool movie, nothing special.

There is a huge buzz about Gravity, James Cameron told that it's best space movie ever made and mr. Cameron is a dude who knows something about proper sci-fi. Anyway I just saw World War Z even it's not hardcore sci-fi it got some elements and it's a cool movie, nothing special.

I agree about World War Z. A really descent and cool movie amongst all the crap these days.

I was worried it will suck, but i turned out to be one of my favorite sci-fi movies this year, my hopes are high for Episode VII (Star Wars) aswell, because JJ prooved himself as a good director who knows how to resurrect franchise in a good way.