When & Where ?

UrAhArA

Taped my first Goa Tracks in 1995 :D

Any other over 30 here ? :P

Yes...

For me 1st time was in a car, on a week end of mid-1995, a good friend had brought Trancentral 4 mixed by Tsuyoshi. But I didn't really like the music at the time.

6 months later, however I heard LSD by Hallucinogen and I changed of music tastes overnight.

cant remember well wot exactly year that was , 94 - 96 probably , lots of mixes in a radion show dedicated to dance club music , i noticed this music was completly diffrent from wot i used to listnig , remember in 1994 i was possesd with the prodigy second album , that was the bomb , and the other radio was playing diffrent mixes in diffrent styles , again noticed that goa tranc e is something definetly diffrent from any other style of dance music , unfortunetly where was no any names or tracklists or playlists so i cudnt tell who was playing or wot track i liked

i recorded some mixes , had lots of cassets till my bro erased anything

once they was talkin bout music and put a song for listners to specify the style they just mentioned , that was astral projection - kabbalah and i catched it up , from this time , i started to look for goa trance and there was no any chances to find anything

in 1997 i occasiously met a person who has a bunch of vhs with goa trance videos and audio kassetes , later i met another one who got one of the goa head series , i remember i was listning to the same cd all the time with portable cd player , unfortunetly i dont remember nothing , wich vol of goa head that was , can remember the art or cd print , nothing

i have had listen to lots of goa trance track in 95 - 97 and still keep some fragments in my memory , i got a stong stike from the past some time ago .. been listing Mirandas 1st album at home , and when the 3rd track just started i recognized it , this is the one i been looking for years , a flash back , cant discribe it thou bu that was something

When and where did you listen to your first Goa Trance/psytrance track ?

1998 when a friend of my sister brought a Goa-Head compilation to a party we had. Didn't like it at all, was tracks like MWNN. The sound was just to thin and empty, seemed like the most shallow and poor music evargh (lol).

2000/01: One bag of Mexican shrooms, one burned CD of diverse Infected Mushroom tracks, because it contained the word mushroom and we where going to eat mushrooms. - We took all of our drugs together with suited music back then (=P).

On which track you said waaaaw!!! that's my kind of music! :posford:

The CD as I have learned years after was a mix of the gathering tracks and a couple of Classical Mushroom tunes + a odd VA track.

The whole CDr turned me on really, but I guess the missed symphony and Return of the shadows + None of this is real was the tracks that awed me the most.

I'm born in the golden year of 1980.

My life hasn't been the same ever since :drama:

ditto

Damn. I heard some tracks at age 9-10, but didn't "get it" back then. A few years later a question was asked "wanna hear sum' suomisaundi?", got a cdr filled with tracks by texas faggott, ILO and the likes... some weeks later Hallucinogen and Astral Projection - no turning back.

Guest D N H

It was back in fall of '97 when i first listen to goa in a friend's house but didn't give much attention to it as i didn't for a year i already knew about it and while i was into good old Prodigy stuff for about 2 years.

But then again in spring of '98 i heard People Can Fly and stuck to its melody.

Afterwards i was given a compiled tape and i bought my first cd - Dancing Galaxy and decided to concentrate in it 'cause i couldn't perceive psychotrance well.

And that was it. I felt enchanted by its melodies and concept.

And the first track i think it captured me for real it was Liquid Sun, waaaaw!! after that (on a headbanging) i felt my brain alive and burning.

My first encounter, I think was around '99, it was something from Infected Mushroom's - The Gathering, (cliché, cliché), since then my quest began for this wonderful music.

dazed - blazed

this thread itself is a cliché ;)

The first I think was Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Optimum Creakage

I heard it at an after party at some guys house, I remember looking at the cover and memorising the label name and symbol. Then went out and got anything resembling it, ended up with Project II Trance. I often get my dates mixed up. Guess it was around 1995. Always thought I listened to Project II trance when it was first released but probably didn't seeing as I can clearly remember hearing the creaks of GNotR track first and freaking out with how amazing it was.

Also I never heard that track again until it was released on Dragonfly Classix (2?) and wasn't so impressed :P

My first encounter with "proper" electronica was industrial my brother gave me on mix tapes, and I bought an EP: Evil A.D. - Destruction E.P. by Joey Beltram in 93, I really liked his stuff but somehow ended up listing to metal and rejecting anything electronic for some of years after.. how stupid of me (the rejecting part).

I think a friend of mine in school actually told me about psychedelic and goa trance, and I decided to get a shopping tip from him and I bought my first psy CD: VA - Pulse 4 The 4th Dimension in 1997 and after that I stopped buying metal...

Taped my first Goa Tracks in 1995 :D

Any other over 30 here ? :P

I was born in 1978. :)

Yes...

For me 1st time was in a car, on a week end of mid-1995, a good friend had brought Trancentral 4 mixed by Tsuyoshi. But I didn't really like the music at the time.

6 months later, however I heard LSD by Hallucinogen and I changed of music tastes overnight.

Good choice! :P

I'm going to be the ultimate poser here :rolleyes:! I think the first electronical music I've heard was an Vangelis vinyl my mother owned when I was a new-born or not much older. Not that I remember hearing it but my mother had a lot of vinyls, mostly rock stuff from the seventies and sixties but also stuff like Klaus Schulze Vangelis.

But the first electronic track I remember must be something from the 94, like U96, Marusha, Westbam and similar stuff. Wait, there where the Best Of Synthesizer samplers, I think they are even older. I still think that's nice music. :)

I can't remember the first goa/psy track but my first party was around 2000 when a friend took me to a goa party where her brother was djing. I was high on E and every electronic music was fine to me. Then we started to go to more psy parties and I instantly fell in love with the israely artists like psysex (Hardcore Blastoff ftw!!!!!) and older goa releases.

I still listen to a lot of other stuff like rock, hip-hop and whatever else there is around but psy/goa/progressive/chill is my big love and most records I buy fit in that category.