Experimental PsyTrance?

psytones

I always thought of it as Psytrance with broke the mold and experimented with more crazy sounds. Probably it evolved in to the Suomi style.

Always thought of Matsuri Productions & Psy Harmonics to be quite experimental :)

I would say early Austrian stuff like:

Psyko Disko

Shaolin Wooden Men

and other psy-harmonic acts... and I thinks abasio is right.. it later evolved into Suomi Soundi with acts like Squaremeat and Texas Faggott... something like that anyways...

ED: but as sub-group Experimental might be a silly name since a lot of artist/music pieces could be categorized as being experimental (luckily!!!!)

forgot the question whats good :P

Well try:

Psyko Disko - Psycho Disco

Psy-Harmonics Vol. 3 - Hacking The Reality Myth

and for a particular track that I always loved:

Shaolin Wooden Men - Remember The Slime :rolleyes:

definatley psy-harmonics

they are the oldest psy label still going

and have always been on the zany experimental side

hell i think they invented it

try any of the compilations for a start and work from there

(though i think 1,2,4 wont come cheap if you can find them)

but try the others

I second that.

Joujouka is also verry experimental and Matsuri released a couple of very experimental stuff (Excerpts from the Databass)

I've been watching this documentary for a couple of days now (in segments): http://www.amazon.com/Kraftwerk-Electronic...d/dp/B001BTOE0Q

very recommended, even if you are not a big of kraftwerk, it is a very detailed account of how the electronic scene got started in germany.

in watching that, I couldn't help but think the same thing that is being asked in this thread, and where are we going really with this?

and how... most of the people seem content doing what everyone else is doing, but slightly different; instead of doing what nobody else is doing but slightly similar.

slight difference, not a bitchy complaint by any means, just an observation.

Experimental is certainly not the best adjective going with Psytrance nevertheless you could check Sci Forest - Fetish Box ( 6 dimension soundz) among other possibilities already given previously :)

Experimental is certainly not the best adjective going with Psytrance nevertheless you could check Sci Forest - Fetish Box ( 6 dimension soundz) among other possibilities already given previously :)

Orichalcum and The Deviant album on TIP records....Alien Homes is very different, yet a monster track on that album.

Quirk - Machina Chemica & Fornax... album on Matsuri

Both different from the norm but regarded as classics in my book.

Sandman's early work might be regarded as experimental by some.

I also second Psy Harmonics.

and for a particular track that I always loved:

Shaolin Wooden Men - Remember The Slime :rolleyes:

Hell yeah! Even if you hate SWM then you will still probably love this ace, mental, craxy track :)

Reason why I made this thread was to get an overall idea of what you people label as being Experimental Psychedelic Trance. And it's clear we're all on the same page. Music released on Ie. Psy-Harmonics can really twist your knob and releases like VA - Not My Cup of Tea from Demon Tea Records really mushrooms the trip for you. I've always loved this side of psytrance since it was the experimental and crazy stuff that first touched my heart with releases like Yamabikaya - The Arrival (Japanese PSY) and Rip Van Hippy - Waking Up Is Hard To Do!.

I did ask a question regarding it's origin, and got some good answers in this thread

Call it Freestyle, Experimental, Fantasy, OddTrance, Oozie or Suomi. Thing is, it's special music.

I always thought of it as Psytrance with broke the mold and experimented with more crazy sounds. Probably it evolved in to the Suomi style.

defiantly, so for me the Oozie and Suomi style is what we can be put in the Experimental box. Though, there are a lot of styles and artists out there experimenting!!

I don't know if this fits in what you are looking for, but I always have considered this as one of the most different psy albums I've listened to

Psyknights - A Faint Light From The Depth

It came recommended some time ago but never heard more talk about it and I can't find it on any CD-shops. But it has appealing aspects about it, donno what it is since I never heard the actual music.

Ubar Tmar - Macrometasomakosmos

M.E.E.O. - Highlight Me Please

Yes, and yes! Though, never did hear the new M.E.E.O. release, but since it's from that label, it have to break the formula :D

It's nice to see labels like Odd-Harmonic and Demon Tea still kicking hard. And I should mention that a release from Mr. Rogers tries to follow this crazy sound and does so with style, but not as stylish as many others.

hey i love how you got the zeitgeist link

one of the most real movies ever made, should be compulsory for everyone on the planet to see it

My friend, I've watched that movie (both parts) more than 10 times now. I can't do much in this world but to spam this, I can ^^

I've been watching this documentary for a couple of days now (in segments): http://www.amazon.com/Kraftwerk-Electronic...d/dp/B001BTOE0Q

very recommended,

dude that great1 Thanks, I'll try to find it and have a watch :)edit: I've tried to find it in the places I know where to look, but nothing .. Do you know a place to watch, or do I have to buy it? Maybe PM me, or if more people want, post it here :fear: I found it for sale on Play.com, but there the title has a minor difference from your Amazon title

Sandman's early work might be regarded as experimental by some.

I also second Psy Harmonics.

Man, when I first heard Infected Mushrooms music in the year 2000 I thought to myself, This is some fucked up great out of this world Experimental music :wub:

Hey, at the moment I`m working on an very Experimental Psytrance Project, check it out, maybe exactly what you search?? Who knows....

www.myspace.com/phoetonix ;)

Don't got sound to listen now but thanks for the heads up, will have a listen soon! Btw. Want to be my MySpace friend? :rolleyes:http://www.myspace.com/psytonesmusic