Follow-up albums that never came

Ormion

This topic is about follow-up albums that simply never came or they seem never to be coming.

You know artists that made such an impact with their debut albums that it's pity a second album never came or seem to coming soon.

Here is my list:

Colorbox: Train to Chroma City is pure bliss, unfortunately a second album never came.

Cydonia: Legendary group (are they still active btw?), but they only released one album.

Derango: It's almost 4 years since Tumult. We need a new albums guys!

Four Carry Nuts: Is Tim Schuldt so busy with all this mastering? :P I want a new Mechanical Age!

Frequency Deluxe: Banging Full On that never had a follow-up. Pity.

GNOTR: No comments here.

The Nommos: The same with Derango.

Psygone: I've said the story many times about Hypnotic and Psygone's second album Organique. The worst thing is that the Organique tracks never got released unmixed. :(

Scatterbrain: Infernal Angel had SUCH an impact back in 2003. It's 2009 today!

Slide: No comments here.

Steptime: Great forest psy. They almost dissapeared after that.

UX: No comments again.

Normally I would put Indoor and Tandu here, but both Ofer and Avi created many albums after that.

Whataboutyou?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is about follow-up albums that simply never came or they seem never to be coming.

You know artists that made such an impact with their debut albums that it's pity a second album never came or seem to coming soon.

Here is my list:

Colorbox: Train to Chroma City is pure bliss, unfortunately a second album never came.

Cydonia: Legendary group (are they still active btw?), but they only released one album.

Derango: It's almost 4 years since Tumult. We need a new albums guys!

Four Carry Nuts: Is Tim Schuldt so busy with all this mastering? :P I want a new Mechanical Age!

Frequency Deluxe: Banging Full On that never had a follow-up. Pity.

The Nommos: The same with Derango.

Psygone: I've said the story many times about Hypnotic and Psygone's second album Organique. The worst thing is that the Organique tracks never got released unmixed. :(

Scatterbrain: Infernal Angel had SUCH an impact back in 2003. It's 2009 today!

Slide: No comments here.

Steptime: Great forest psy. They almost dissapeared after that.

UX: No comments again.

Normally I would put Indoor and Tandu here, but both Ofer and Avi created many albums after that.

Whataboutyou?

I remember reading Ux myspace or perhaps Kris Kylven one telling something was prepared under the Ux project to be done nowadays but no news since...

Cydonia hum seems the members change their musical directions better see this ;) :

http://www.myspace.com/steveronan

http://www.myspace.com/dinopsarasmusic

Slide has made prog with Cass , have lost interest to my ears since then...

Seems you're true 4cn is only doing mastering & professional purposes which are certainly more lucrative than running Aurinko as a label or releasing new stuffs ...

Cosma :(

Dimension 5

A good follow-up of "Quadra - Serotonia"

Silicon Sound

Concerning Silicon Sound his situation is more than strange , indeed it's one of the most acclaimed French artist although the second album never happened & don't know if it'll one day. His debut album was released on Moon Spirits if i'm not mistaken but this sympathic French label has passed out due the rip of its distributor(Cosmophilia).

I mean the guy has been licensed a lot with full of single tunes released on so many v/a from different labels that could results as an opportunist situation (as he was considered as Top Name selling), that's just my own interpretation, no clue or proof of that of course. Btw i think he has done a compilation for Neurobiotic (more globally i believe it's the label from which he's the most attached now) quite lately otherwise he's quite involved in Mastering services for psy labels.

I used to know Silicon Sound and I know he's been working on it. One year ago he told me the album was about to be released...and nothing happened.

I don't know how much he has lots of things in progress or if there's a lack of inspiration or something. I just don't know.

I have an addition to make to the lists above. There was an album from Absolum called "Colours" that was planned on 3DVision back in 1998. I don't know why it was never released (OK, I know more or less). A few tracks were released here and there however: Indigo, Metalizer, Green Light, Orange. Caramel was also another unreleased track from the same album that turned around.

I even saw the artwork, because I met Loops (the guy who just made the BPC cover) at the time and he showed it to me. I rememeber the front cover looked like grey fish scales.

I wish it was released now. Federico ????

When I think I even saw Elixir live twice....they should have done an album too. Definitely cause it was crazy.

I used to know Silicon Sound and I know he's been working on it. One year ago he told me the album was about to be released...and nothing happened.

I don't know how much he has lots of things in progress or if there's a lack of inspiration or something. I just don't know.

I have an addition to make to the lists above. There was an album from Absolum called "Colours" that was planned on 3DVision back in 1998. I don't know why it was never released (OK, I know more or less). A few tracks were released here and there however: Indigo, Metalizer, Green Light, Orange. Caramel was also another unreleased track from the same album that turned around.

I even saw the artwork, because I met Loops (the guy who just made the BPC cover) at the time and he showed it to me. I rememeber the front cover looked like grey fish scales.

I wish it was released now. Federico ????

When I think I even saw Elixir live twice....they should have done an album too. Definitely cause it was crazy.

At some time i think Silicon Sound was perhaps hoping doing something in chill as he went running several projects "Altitudes' , "Even 11" with Yannis formerly Jaïa but none of them has really emerged ...

Some new Technossomy, Hunab Ku or Electron Wave would be great! :blink:

Few chances here, as James Monro has evolved since

=> http://www.myspace.com/djjamesmonro

Don't know what happened to Matt Evans btw, he was originally drummer i think.

Eskimo-Baloonatic part three, there was part one and then there was part two and then part three was supposed to be a collaberation with Eskimo and another different artist on each track. It was supposed to be released in 2006 and now it's 3 years later and still nothing.

Last thing i read was that he was working on some kind of side project with Void experimenting with indie and psy together.

But they did released a second album?

http://www.discogs.com/Nommos-Primal-Meltdown/release/794505

...although compared to 'Digitaria' it was a bit of let down IMO.

Fuuuuck!!!! I forgot about Digitaria! :D

I was actually talking about Primal Meltdown which is IMO a fantastic experience and much better than Digitaria. :)

I was actually talking about Primal Meltdown which is IMO a fantastic experience and much better than Digitaria. :)

+1

Still, two and a half years is not that long. I'd rather they took their time and produced another masterpiece than rushed something out, the compilation tracks they produce between albums are never as good as their album tracks so I'm hoping they're taking their time to find a new sound and perfect it.

Wasn't there some talk about a new album if the views counter got to 100.000 on this video?

It seems the guys are playing a lot of oldshool live sets as well these days.

Wasn't there some talk about a new album if the views counter got to 100.000 on this video?

It seems the guys are playing a lot of oldshool live sets as well these days.

91.000 views so far! :D

is that the most viewed psy/goa video? without skazi and co.

I would say the most viewed official video is Astral Projection - People Can Fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Yj6ImVc1k

And then of course there's Infected Mushroom with 7 millions views on the Becoming Insane video, but I classify it in Skazi and co.