Headphones

Senobyte

Damn these threads that make me want to buy 20 new pairs of headphones!

At the moment I am using Bose quiet comfort 2 after some rave reviews but they were pretty disappointing. The sound from them is great but the noise cancelling (which is their main feature) sucks. Walking down the street I can hear every car, on the train I can hear all the screaming kids while listening to ambient. Very comfortable though, have worn them for up to 12 hours with no discomfort on my elephantine ears

I used to have the Sony noise cancelling ones which were great but fucked up after 3 years :(

I can't go around suggesting really anything on the headphones, because the research I've done maxes out at 80 euros (which is still a bit too much for my petty budgets). I own myself Koss Pro 4AAT's, got them for 70e. No complaints, good quality and great bass. They do weight, but I hardly notice it. Maybe after 3 hours they start to get a little discomfortable, buuut for the price they're great .

At the moment I am using Bose quiet comfort 2 after some rave reviews but they were pretty disappointing. The sound from them is great but the noise cancelling (which is their main feature) sucks. Walking down the street I can hear every car, on the train I can hear all the screaming kids while listening to ambient. Very comfortable though, have worn them for up to 12 hours with no discomfort on my elephantine ears

I used to have the Sony noise cancelling ones which were great but fucked up after 3 years :(

http://www.qfonic.com/images/products/theplug/image01.jpg

Perfect for outside use imo. Not for the audiophiles though, there's better versions and of course the big headphones, but these are inexpensive and handy. And you'd definitely love the noise cancelling, hehe.

thats the reason why i went to the seinheiser they don't break, and the noise cancelling is the best i have had

soren they cost be 200 nz (160) aussie

i did alot of research myself on a limited budget and they were the best

don't go sony or pioneer as they break real fast, as well as some of the others can have same prob, or be way uncofortable, or lack of superior sound

i think the people who dj on this forum, are the ones i would go by, as they are tested in extreme conditions ie time and durability and finite sound

• 4 weeks later...

Sennheiser has a new headphone called HD800, I'm seriously thinking about buying it. But not before listening to it first.

Posted Image

I just listened to those along with many others at a head-fi meet. I looked and saw they're trying to get a meet together in Sweden, maybe you're near? Clicky

Sennheiser HD650's, enough said.

They can be augmented greatly if you have the cash too - here's what I'm running:

Sennheiser HD650

Cardas Audio Cables

Pro-Ject Head Box SE II

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphon...anced-cable.php

http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod...ies&lang=en

Well, that is not exactly near me. Maybe 30 miles from here. I used to visit Head-Fi alot when I did research on new purchases, but lately I havn't visited their site much.

Haha :rolleyes: Here, in the States, 30 miles is near you. Did you see one of those guys has the 800's? I would think it's worth the drive.

Haha :rolleyes: Here, in the States, 30 miles is near you. Did you see one of those guys has the 800's? I would think it's worth the drive.

No, I didn't see it. But Audio Concept, that sells them here, are also in Stockholm so I could listen to there as well.

Imho, the most effective headphones for this kinda genre costwise is the sennheiser HD485. They're for 70-80 bucks or so and are quite underrated. It takes them quite a bit to burn in well (80 hours), but after the burn in period the mids and highs clear up and the bass settles and becomes tighter. These headphones really have high bass in them. The perfect headphones for ppl who like headphones with a bassy character. They are also 32 ohm and hence are more friendly to low end devices (ipods, pcs) than other high end headphones that require a headphone preamp to drive them well due to high impedence

Frequency Response Comparison Graph

the hd215's are a good closed alternative in the same (bit lower) pricerange. the bass goes deep but isn't as pronounced. good spatial image aswell.

Brag:

Posted Image

I got these many years ago, still works as if I bought them yesterday. I see though that today you are able to buy the new and improved version of it which is lighter (Mine are light as a feather, so these are light as air). I have doubt the sound on the new lighter model is bettre, but who knows ..

Only remark would be that after a few hours of playing with them on, my ears tend to hurt alittle.

:)

that's a sign of a problem. either you're listening too loud too long or your headphones are not adequate or both.

outer ear, not the inner ear with drum and all :D no, the only hurt my inner ear gets from these tits is a godd vibrating eargasm ,)