psychedelic clasical music

chris

Shostakovich's first violin concerto is pretty psychedelic IMO. I'd skip the first movement though, it's depressing.

e: a couple of movements: II IV

e2: there's also

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata...this version -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZaTzSWqXCU

Put a kick under it and I swear it'll be a trance track :posford:

Also check out this thread -> http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=53759

Though I don't really know anything about music theory, I actually think you can draw many similarities between psytrance and chamber(classical was a time period) music. The tempo/changing melodies/point-counterpoint/accompaniment/......

(classical was a time period)

Yeah, but it can also be used to describe music in general from around 1100AD to the current time. It's not technically correct, but that has become the primary meaning for the word nowadays.

Oddly enough, the classical period is my least favorite period of "classical music" :) I much prefer Boroque, Romantic, or even modern stuff. I think the melodies in the Baroque era are very psychedelic, especially the strange timing/rhythms they used for those melodies. Domenico Scarlatti, Bach, etc.

Of course Beethoven is always a good place to look for psychedelia as well.

hannibal lecter music :lol:

he he he :P

here is some diabolic uplifting classical (not exactly classical period) psychodelia .......

watch out other Prokofiev music also .... incredible .... ;)

Guest D N H

i remember of a cd i had found in a musicstore before months, not clasical, but an artistic propose of hindu traditional compositions done in a manner which provokes the same feelings as the electronic psychedelia music -of mid-ninenties?, if i remember well the info.

unfortunately i didnt get it cause it was quite interesting and i dont remember its title. does anyone know this release?