Neurotransmitterz

RAH

Not bad, I kinda prefer the harder side of dnb than Neurotransmitterz seems to be. I can totally hear who made it, its got that hint of Ocelot... ('Its got bits of real panther in it')

Not bad, I kinda prefer the harder side of dnb than Neurotransmitterz seems to be. I can totally hear who made it, its got that hint of Ocelot... ('Its got bits of real panther in it')

my goal is to cover a wide range of sounds. i just started with this stuff so i have to feel my way around.

and apparently i am incapable of normalcy so all my attempts at that will end up sounding like me.

i just put part of a new track more minimal techstep. check back every week or so to hear new sounds... i'll be making a free ep with some odd trance and this material.

(i dont care much about boundaries and remember when all electronic music was "techno")

thanks for checking it out and the feedback. hopefully something sometime will satisfy your "harder side of dnb" desires.

what can you recommend for listening in that vein? (whats hard?)

Current Value? - http://www.myspace.com/currentvalue - That should be 'hard' enouh (o.O) I'm not personally into that stuff really, kind of nonsensical cacophony to me.

Just the other day I ran into a rather interesting mixture, though - http://www.discogs.com/Various-Sambass/release/160366 - Sambass Vol.1 (DnB + Samba + bossa nova)

kind of chilled. I liked Landslide, Patricia Marx and High Contrast a bit... at least something different.

ok.. so i had to join (after lurking for over a year) to comment this!! I am always, always thinking of this.. but i have not production skills and little patience.. and zero peers that are into it. SO dnb and psy being my two favorite electronic genres I have always waited to find a good mash!!

I would say these are great starting points... but I'm hereing only a few layers!! I would suggest throughing it down soumi style with this type of thing.. ScatterSplatter is def. my fav so far... but still IMO there could be much more variance, I mean you have bassnectar as a friend and live in the bay?? i think lol? so you have seen him live right!! so sick, just mash it!! it doesnt have to have the same dnb kick through the whole song.. through some rolling lines in or some more breaks, DEF more samples of "trippy" shit..

most of all, dont listen to anyone else cause its your project!!

but as far as hard/heavy goes.. its a feeling, like internal organs getting smashed.. for dnb I would check evol intent... I know counterstrike, gein, mumblz, current value, the sect, limewax.. they are all hard...........but when i listen to EI newest album era of diversion I get this distinct vibe like HOLY FcK..

I think you should listen to some metal with a very distinct "hard & heavy" production technique and see if you get this feeling.. obviously black sabbath... (also Snares black sabbath mixes are good too) then there is necrophagist, cephalic carnage, aborted: goremaggedon.. and probably the heaviest metal I have Blood Red Throne: Monument of Death

SO SO SO far from psy.. BUT! why not?!?!? just mash it??

and dont forget to keep it "trippy" lol

basically just more bass lol

Harder stuff to me is like Propaganda, Black Sun Empire, Noisia, as 5meohd mentioned Counterstrike and Evol Intent. Stuff thats got a heavy bass and ripping percussion... Umm, yeah... :P

• 3 weeks later...

ok- check now. www.myspace.com/neurotransmitterz

the mix is over-compressed and distorted i know. its a work in progress and i just wanted to get a rough update online for feedback.

any pointers or thoughts?

aaron-

I've been exploring some DnB and for fast, crazy as hell, trippish broken bass till now no track has beat Dieselboy - Subculture (Upbeats Remix) for me. Counterstrike - Maniac is good too. Ed Rush and Optical has some minimal, tech-ish DnB. For a smoother, yet fast sound, there is this track The Militia - You and I Know. It has some great sub-bass. Try the the album Dieselboy - Human Resource too, thats where the Subculture track comes from.

Good stuff :clapping: Psy and DnB make a great mix, its like the craziness of Psy and DnB get multiplied \o/

My unknowledgeable 2 cents....I felt it could do with some hats other the time between the kick and snare seems empty, or you could a highly chopped kick roll or even a staccato bassline. The BPM could be increased a bit, because the kick and the snare seemed a little too spaced out. The kick seems to be more of a "psyish" one than a "DnB" one, in the sense imo less bass should be eqed out.

but when i listen to EI newest album era of diversion I get this distinct vibe like HOLY FcK[/qoute]

Thanks for the recommendation, its great stuff :)

You're doing great job Aaron - keep it up ;)

PS. When are you coming to Europe next time? Would like to hear your chill stuff live ;)

im always in europe. i live in portugal.

vectorselector (at) hotmail dot com is my email

tell your local organizer to book me :) simple...

• 4 weeks later...

I lost touch with the D&B scene many years ago so I can't really comment on how this compares to other stuff in the genre. However I like it a lot :)

BTW am I the only one who noticed some Aphex Twin-like evil souds in there?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

new track up= "nipTuck"

should satisfy maybe some of the harder impulses- (well it builds up a little bit anyway...)

http://www.myspace.com/neurotransmitterz

2 tracks up. a 3rd more dnb/dubstep fusion @ 180 coming soon.

Free 3 Track EP coming as soon as the 3rd track is up...

all 3. free.

check it out.