Someone seems a Suntrip hater

Kai-Q

if you just wait long enough on this forum you do not need the time to post your opinion,

in max 48 hours someone will do and you can just quote +1,

So basically you're saying that you have no original opinions? That you're a follower and conformist? Well these people usually are lazy, but I personally have no problem spending 2 whole minutes to type up a post which will hopefully lead to higher enlightenment of others who have an open mind.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one, are you trying to convince us that objectivity & subjectivity are one & the same?

"objectivity" does not exist.

And nor does subjectivity exist. They are one and the same! Haven't you studied the writings of the Buddha or do you think you're exempt from this by listening to Goa Trance? B)

PS - Sorry for quadruple post.

This analogy is off though. Here:

Joe tried making his own muffins and tweaked his recipe for a few months. Joe then baked some muffins and compared them to those from warehouses A, B, and C. Joe was thinking about not releasing his muffins because he thought they were only "mildly good", 2/5. However Fred, another muffin critic, tasted Joe's muffins and really loved them. Fred rated them as 4/5 and convinced Joe to commence mass production. Joe agreed because, after all, there's no reason he should have to produce the greatest muffins on the planet before he released them.

Joe decided that his muffins were only a 2/5 compared with the others because he applied an "objective" or consistent rating system to them, the one that he always used to rate muffins with before he started making them himself. Should he rate his muffins on muffinratings.com as 2/5 or 5/5? The latter may help his sales. Should he apply his subjective muffin rating system "objectively", or should he be biased towards certain muffins (ie. his own) and rate them via different standards (ie. who made them, rather than what they taste like)?

My use of the term "objective" is perfectly valid here and I'm in no way suggesting there's an absolute muffin rating system of the universe, merely that there is an absolute muffin rating system used by Joe.

I hope you can understand this now that we've reduced the scenario to language comprehensible by an eight year old.

what an open mind you have, fantastic how you deem your personal unfounded subjective opinion superior to an 'objective' reality. too much buddha-scriptures will do that to you.

what an open mind you have, fantastic how you deem your personal unfounded subjective opinion superior to an 'objective' reality. too much buddha-scriptures will do that to you.

Quality post! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Try making the slightest bit of sense next time rather than just combining a couple of my phrases in a sentence and flooding this thread with utter crap.

This analogy is off though. Here:

Joe tried making his own muffins and tweaked his recipe for a few months. Joe then baked some muffins and compared them to those from warehouses A, B, and C. Joe was thinking about not releasing his muffins because he thought they were only "mildly good", 2/5. However Fred, another muffin critic, tasted Joe's muffins and really loved them. Fred rated them as 4/5 and convinced Joe to commence mass production. Joe agreed because, after all, there's no reason he should have to produce the greatest muffins on the planet before he released them.

Joe decided that his muffins were only a 2/5 compared with the others because he applied an "objective" or consistent rating system to them, the one that he always used to rate muffins with before he started making them himself. Should he rate his muffins on muffinratings.com as 2/5 or 5/5? The latter may help his sales. Should he apply his subjective muffin rating system "objectively", or should he be biased towards certain muffins (ie. his own) and rate them via different standards (ie. who made them, rather than what they taste like)?

My use of the term "objective" is perfectly valid here and I'm in no way suggesting there's an absolute muffin rating system of the universe, merely that there is an absolute muffin rating system used by Joe.

I hope you can understand this now that we've reduced the scenario to language comprehensible by an eight year old.

home made muffins are always better, nutritionally speaking..

Quality post! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Try making the slightest bit of sense next time rather than just combining a couple of my phrases in a sentence and flooding this thread with utter crap.

one post on the level of an 8-year old is more than enough. :lol:

home made muffins are always better, nutritionally speaking..

Not true. Homemade muffins may even result in you going to the hospital in intensive care for a few weeks depending on what you put in them. Also the muffins are not really homemade as they are going to be mass produced in a factory anyways after the recipe is released.

one post on the level of an 8-year old is more than enough. :lol:

I think you should leave this thread; even if I posted at the level of a 6 year old you wouldn't get it. You're probably just a fucking internet troll anyways, nobody can really be this stupid. :not_amused:

Not true. Homemade muffins may even result in you going to the hospital in intensive care for a few weeks depending on what you put in them. Also the muffins are not really homemade as they are going to be mass produced in a factory anyways after the recipe is released.

home made recipes can't be industrialized

the ingredients used aren't made for long conservation

plus, industrial cookies always have terrible (unhealthy/cheap) fats innit

unhealthy as in: having an extremely high melting point

home made recipes can't be industrialized

the ingredients used aren't made for long conservation

Well then since Joe was planning to release his muffins on a large scale through his muffin label he must not have been making homemade muffins. :wank:

Well then since Joe was planning to release his muffins on a large scale through his muffin label he must not have been making homemade muffins. :wank:

what's a large scale for you ?

and anyways.. your reply doesn't prove that my statement "home made cookies are always better than industrialised ones" is wrong

I think you should leave this thread; even if I posted at the level of a 6 year old you wouldn't get it. You're probably just a fucking internet troll anyways, nobody can really be this stupid. :not_amused:

ayay captain, the trolling is all yours again

i was dreaming i had put stickers on my face who deformed my facial expression, while sitting at the dinner table with ex-collegues, especially one girl i liked, really thought i was funny, after that i flew out the window to visit the building across the street.

don't you just love it when chicks dig ur pathetic ways of drawing their attention?

and everybody, give sunwolf a break, it reads quite clearly 'Canada'.

sure thing, though i thought the analogy thing was kinda funny :)

just trying to add perspective on the matter that musical preference is an irrational aspect of rating releases for their quality

btw... talking bout quality.. what rating would one give to a track, pure genious, but terribly mastered ?

if an artist doesn't give a 5/5 to his music, i'd rather not hear that release.....my 2 cents

You only listen to the best releases in general I imagine? :rolleyes:

Now while not all music I listen to I'd rate at 5/5 if I was going to release my own music (and expect people to pay for it) then you can be damn sure I'd make sure it was all 5/5 in my ear. If I thought my own commercially released music was not as good as it could possibly be then I'd take the time to make sure it was 5/5 before I let it out in public.

An artist that doesn't think what they have made is great shouldn't release it. Can you imagine the spiel?

Well I think this is a bit shit, but you might like it! Go on please give me your money!!

Nah, if an artist doesn't rate his own music why should I bother with it. Even stuff I find crap, I hope the artist loves.

If I share similar personal rating system on music as person X and they rate music highly I'm probably going to want to check it out. If some unknown person rates something 1/5 or 5/5 that means very little to me.

Yeah a rating from 1 to 5 is really going to give you an impression of something. And I guess you don't listen to anything thats below rating 4? :rolleyes:

Have you ever heard of full reviews? There's a review section on this site if you didn't realize. There are reviews as long as 40+ lines which will give you at least some idea on what the music is like. But you will never know untill you experience the music yourself. You can't allways depend on other peoples taste in music.

What I'm saying is you will probably miss out on some music that you could actually like. Because some music your friends will not rate 'high' and you will never give that music a chance, even tho you might of liked it.

the hole point is that I like goa trance, with the typical goa elements, melodies, Indian scales and 303's... :) That's the music I fell in love with 10 years ago, that's music I still love today... That doesn't mean I don't like new stuff... But my biggest love is still that "classic" goa trance sound... I have no need in new kind of melodies, or no 303's! :) This sound drives me mad and makes me happy every time over and over again... Maybe I'm just weird, I don't know... :)

+100

I might not be in the scene for 10 years, but you bring to words what is in my hart :)

So basically you're saying that you have no original opinions? That you're a follower and conformist? Well these people usually are lazy, but I personally have no problem spending 2 whole minutes to type up a post which will hopefully lead to higher enlightenment of others who have an open mind.

:lol: gonna nag about that too ???

you assume to much without actually knowing ;)

stop wining man :drama:

I was just being ironic pffffffft.... :D

burp *

btw... talking bout quality.. what rating would one give to a track, pure genious, but terribly mastered ?

This depends on one's subjective rating criteria. You could not care about mastering, you could care somewhat about it, or you could only care about it. (gradient)