Someone seems a Suntrip hater

Kai-Q

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've shown you the inconsistencies in his opinion. I have no intention of trying to make you adopt you my superior opinion. :rolleyes:

I don't see any reason why they would only release 5/5 material. Perhaps you could present an argument?

oh do shut up already. If a label releases music they do not 100% believe in, then they should stop as a label. And believe me I believe that most labels really do love what they releases, even if its crap to our ears...

oh do shut up already. If a label releases music they do not 100% believe in, then they should stop as a label. And believe me I believe that most labels really do love what they releases, even if its crap to our ears...

If this is true then they shouldn't rate it IMO (or they will look bad for rating it). However I have seen people rate their own releases fairly before, so it is not always true that someone must rate everything 5/5 just because they released it. It is possible to be "objective" about it and compare your releases with others' and rate them according to the same standards you would when comparing two releases by others.

If this is true then they shouldn't rate it IMO (or they will look bad for rating it). However I have seen people rate their own releases fairly before, so it is not always true that someone must rate everything 5/5 just because they released it. It is possible to be "objective" about it and compare your releases with others' and rate them according to the same standards you would when comparing two releases by others.

im done discussing music, gonna make some instead. have a nice evening, keep negative, its good for ya! :D

if you think like that, you can nag about anything pffffffffft :drama:

if an artist doesn't give a 5/5 to his music, i'd rather not hear that release.....my 2 cents

Being objective and comparing to others? Standards? Well, you can rate a washing machine by a standard, EU has a few standards depending on how much the washing machine spends electricity, how loud it is, how effective it is etc..

There's no such thing as a 'standard' for music. What you're refering to is generalization of music, something which should be avoided. You think other artists and record labels are trying to achieve the same 'standard' as the 'competitor'? What a load of baloney. We're not dealing with cars here, it's music. Sure an artist and a record label will do it's best to improve themselves and their music. But if an artist is making an album and then comparing it to other commercial albums and thinking "that commercial album sounds a bit better, hmmm, what should i do? That album has alot of bass, my doesnt. I know, I'll put more bass in mine too!", then you'll end up with a copycat artist. And there are too many of them in the scene today anyway. Stop generalizing music into groups of "standards", because thats total bullshit. And stop caring about ratings anyway, there's samples to listen to and ultimately you can buy the album, then make your own opinion about the 'rating' of the music inside.

Or just be blind (or better yet, deaf) and follow the ratings system, not taking your own experience into equation. Conclusion: FUCK RATINGS ;)

Or just be blind (or better yet, deaf) and follow the ratings system, not taking your own experience into equation.

+1

could not have said it better,

if you just wait long enough on this forum you do not need the time to post your opinion,

in max 48 hours someone will do and you can just quote +1,

quiet handy imo... :drama:

+1

could not have said it better,

if you just wait long enough on this forum you do not need the time to post your opinion,

in max 48 hours someone will do and you can just quote +1,

quiet handy imo... :drama:

U lazy little.. :lol:

Nobody liked my Goa Gil sponsoring peanuts 'shopped pic? :( .... :P

Being objective and comparing to others? Standards? Well, you can rate a washing machine by a standard, EU has a few standards depending on how much the washing machine spends electricity, how loud it is, how effective it is etc..

There's no such thing as a 'standard' for music.

Everyone has their own standard for music just as they have their own standard for washing machines. Only for washing machines a group of people get together and create international standards that get enforced by law whereas our music standards remain subjective and personal.

What you're refering to is generalization of music, something which should be avoided. You think other artists and record labels are trying to achieve the same 'standard' as the 'competitor'? What a load of baloney. We're not dealing with cars here, it's music. Sure an artist and a record label will do it's best to improve themselves and their music. But if an artist is making an album and then comparing it to other commercial albums and thinking "that commercial album sounds a bit better, hmmm, what should i do? That album has alot of bass, my doesnt. I know, I'll put more bass in mine too!", then you'll end up with a copycat artist.

What a load of shit. A much better example: The artist could think someone else's music is more emotional than his and try to add some more emotion to his. This doesn't involve copying any specific element of the other guy's music, but he is comparing his own to the other guy's via his own standards (emotions). He could be comparing for creativity or complexity or whatever else he values in music.

And stop caring about ratings anyway, there's samples to listen to and ultimately you can buy the album, then make your own opinion about the 'rating' of the music inside.

I've never advocated anything more than personal ratings. Only consistency amongst your personal ratings if you want to be taken seriously.

Or just be blind (or better yet, deaf) and follow the ratings system, not taking your own experience into equation. Conclusion: FUCK RATINGS ;)

Good for you, rebel. I happen to think ratings are quite useful sometimes. If I share similar personal rating system on music as person X and they rate music highly I'm probably going to want to check it out. If some unknown person rates something 1/5 or 5/5 that means very little to me.

It is possible to be "objective" about it

our music standards remain subjective and personal.

nice one, are you trying to convince us that objectivity & subjectivity are one & the same? that eventhough our standards are purely subjective we must still be "objective" about them? :lol: it's music man, it's personal. "objectivity" does not exist.

nice one, are you trying to convince us that objectivity & subjectivity are one & the same? that eventhough our standards are purely subjective we must still be "objective" about them? :lol: it's music man, it's personal. "objectivity" does not exist.

finally someone spotted the controversy of his posts :D:lol:

Of course objectivity doesn't exist. Did you not see the quotation marks around it? :rolleyes: What I meant in that case by "objectivity" is basically consistency.

Learn the subtleties of english language then maybe you won't take my posts out of context.

john likes cupcakes. john rates cupcakes from warehouse A 4 stars, cupcakes from warehouse B 3 stars & cupcakes from warehouse C 5 stars. john then gathers alot of recipes for cupcakes & tries them out. out of all these recipes he keeps only his favourites, ofcourse only the ones he rates 5 stars he will share with his friends since he has plenty & sees no need to share the other ones.

frank likes cupcakes. frank rates cupcakes from warehouse A 3 stars, cupcakes from warehouse B 4 stars & cupcakes from warehouse C 3 stars. frank tries out john's cupcake recipes & gives them 3 stars aswell. frank does not understand why john would rate these cupcakes 5 stars & says john should be a bit more consistent in his cupcake-rating 'coz despite taste being fully subjective, you need to be "objective" in your ratings. frank says that eventhough john offered only his favourite cupcakes he is not allowed to call them his favourite 5star cupcakes.

Well, I think artists shouldn't rate their music ... that's like an artist writing a review about his own album ... of course that wil be biased.

On the other hand this too can be an artistic expression - to purposefully rate own releases 5/5 :rolleyes: ... would be even more funny if he rated it 1/5 :lol:

john likes cupcakes. john rates cupcakes from warehouse A 4 stars, cupcakes from warehouse B 3 stars & cupcakes from warehouse C 5 stars. john then gathers alot of recipes for cupcakes & tries them out. out of all these recipes he keeps only his favourites, ofcourse only the ones he rates 5 stars he will share with his friends since he has plenty & sees no need to share the other ones.

frank likes cupcakes. frank rates cupcakes from warehouse A 3 stars, cupcakes from warehouse B 4 stars & cupcakes from warehouse C 3 stars. frank tries out john's cupcake recipes & gives them 3 stars aswell. frank does not understand why john would rate these cupcakes 5 stars & says john should be a bit more consistent in his cupcake-rating 'coz despite taste being fully subjective, you need to be "objective" in your ratings. frank says that eventhough john offered only his favourite cupcakes he is not allowed to call them his favourite 5star cupcakes.

This analogy is off though. Here:

Joe tried making his own muffins and tweaked his recipe for a few months. Joe then baked some muffins and compared them to those from warehouses A, B, and C. Joe was thinking about not releasing his muffins because he thought they were only "mildly good", 2/5. However Fred, another muffin critic, tasted Joe's muffins and really loved them. Fred rated them as 4/5 and convinced Joe to commence mass production. Joe agreed because, after all, there's no reason he should have to produce the greatest muffins on the planet before he released them.

Joe decided that his muffins were only a 2/5 compared with the others because he applied an "objective" or consistent rating system to them, the one that he always used to rate muffins with before he started making them himself. Should he rate his muffins on muffinratings.com as 2/5 or 5/5? The latter may help his sales. Should he apply his subjective muffin rating system "objectively", or should he be biased towards certain muffins (ie. his own) and rate them via different standards (ie. who made them, rather than what they taste like)?

My use of the term "objective" is perfectly valid here and I'm in no way suggesting there's an absolute muffin rating system of the universe, merely that there is an absolute muffin rating system used by Joe.

I hope you can understand this now that we've reduced the scenario to language comprehensible by an eight year old.

i think sunwolf is a psytrance/psytrance.org hater :lol: 81 posts wasted on negativity! :D

It is better to hate than to feel nothing at all. :clapping: And no, I don't hate psytrance, but neither does me posting negatively towards certain people or ideas suggest that I do. :blink: