Someone seems a Suntrip hater

Kai-Q

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you read my muffin analogy post? Maybe the artists' friends like it though he doesn't, so he decides to release it. Maybe he just doesn't know how to do any better, so he releases his best try. Etc. I'm sorry but you're incredibly naive if you think people only release something because they think it's 5/5.

Nope, I'm not that Naive. Did you really think I was or are you just being a douche bag? I know people release music they think is sub standard but I don't want to hear that. If the person making it doesn't like it that much then there can't be too much heart & soul to the music. Lots of artists pump out sub standard shite but that's pop or semi-pop which I try to steer clear of.

well believe it or not, there ARE valid reasons not to like Suntrip releases, my main problem with their stuff (except for Ka-sol who really tries out new paths) being that they try too hard to stick to one or other oldschool "formula". Sometimes the line between inspiration and plagiarism becomes pretty blurry in Suntrip land... Which doesn't mean I don't like their stuff, far from it but I can understand why someone who's been into the scene from the early 90s might not rate their stuff high.

Also, would so many people on psynews rate Suntrip releases so high if they didn't know that the same people who created psynews are the ones who created Suntrip...? I don't mean to diss Anoebis and Mars' efforts and I DO like their stuff a lot but this has been a question that's been behind my mind for some time now...

For a second i thought it said: Pleiadianism where you said: Plagiarism

;):lol:

who's Timbaland ?

was nelly furtado not doing some works/projects with Justin Timberlake ?

well anyways... prolly wrong thought

but who is this Timbaland ?

I want to have your brain.

Do you accept maestro express payment?

who's Timbaland ?

was nelly furtado not doing some works/projects with Justin Timberlake ?

well anyways... prolly wrong thought

but who is this Timbaland ?

I plane up read Timberlake myself.

So who is Timbaland? Some kind of shoe manufacturer?

Maybe it should have just died. I have 500 CDs of oldschool goa I don't need new ones just for the sake of keeping something alive. This is like goa trance in the hospital hooked up to machines to be kept alive. :lol: What for? If it's lost it's strength it's best to let it go rather than produce sickly music.

My criteria for good music isn't just music that makes people dance like crazy or smile. There are millions of psytrance parties that accomplish that equally as well. Play something by Tiesto and you're set! For myself at least it's impossible to comprehend the music while your dancing around, you're just hearing one or two most distinct levels of the sound at best. This is why modern psytrance can get away with only having a couple layers and sounding like shit.

My apologies and all, but not even an apparent collection of 500 old school CDs can save you from looking kind of lost around this thread. How can it impossible to comprehend music while dancing around if goa trance is a style of music which has its origins strictly tied to the party scene, dancing like nobody's watching and smiling like Joker was your brother in law?

The original sound actually had only 2-3 prominent and emphasized layers blasting out of the speakers, and you'd be comprehending and appreciating the music while jumping around and dancing to it.

Hippies didn't sit around camp fires and contemplate during Total Eclipse's live acts. They danced. Laughed. Jumped around. And, of course, comprehended.

Suntrip Records? Not everything they do is ace, but it's obvious they do it with a passion. A few times I found myself going berserk on the dance floor while tunes from Suntrip artists were playing. I like 'em, and like Oopie said, they ain't Etnica/Pleiadians, but at the end of the day, nobody is. Keep up the good work.