Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

I havent been up to things here in a while, so let me re-iterate what i understood so far:

Someone hacked the server, so the off-topic was closed for one month because it is believed that the hack was due to forum politics and in this month it is enough time for people to calm down. However, many forums were hacked lately so it isnt entirely sure if that was the case or if the hack was completely random.

I don't think anybody on this forum is smart enough to hack a website.

And if it would be hacked by a member it would be easy to spot him between all the bobo's.

Just talk about ICT and computer technics and you know the possible hackers:

just one i can think of atm: acido

But he didn't do it cause he fixed it....Why would you infect something and then spend a night trying to fix it. that would be stupid.

I also think it was a bot that hacked psynews, cause it's a trend lately.

The last 2 weeks were really "spammy" on a global scale.

It was not an attack to psynews but the forum software we are using.

But i guess here there is a little paranoia from previous hack attempts and crazy members. completely understandable.

so my conclusion: bot attacks forum, nemo contacts Mars, Mars thinks it's the spammers again, but this time it's spammerbot, still off topic gets closed.

We just got our asses pwned by a bot gentlemen....

still not sure why everyone is in such a tizz about off topic, we have *48* and there are other psy forums...

grow up kids, its not the end of the world!

still not sure why everyone is in such a tizz about off topic, we have *48* and there are other psy forums...

grow up kids, its not the end of the world!

:rolleyes: exactly :D

we are talking about a MONTH! :lol:

And Nurbs, no, I would not delete your account even if you asked me for it. I would disable it at max, but not delete it. Unless you want all your posts to disappear cause you think they could do you harm, of course.

if i ask you to erase my account and you dont i ll post some naked pics of reger that i found in weird fetish site

tsk tsk, the children here are getting upset I guess :lol:

If you no longer like a forum, why not just leave? :D

:rolleyes: exactly :D

we are talking about a MONTH! :lol:

yeh yeh, it starts with a month.. accompanied by some silent deportations.. untill the dark nectar has finally dulled our senses & our children will merely be chanting das goa-jugend hymns here. :ph34r:

Noob question:

Why is off topic closed and for how long?

There's a trojan embedded in the site somehow, and has been there for a couple of weeks now. People who are using IE to access the site are getting smacked around. It's still there, as I found earlier at work today. Seems there's some suspicion that a person connected with the site is responsible, whereas others think it's a bot. I don't know whether off-topic is closed for a month for safety or for punishment.

There's a trojan embedded in the site somehow, and has been there for a couple of weeks now. People who are using IE to access the site are getting smacked around. It's still there, as I found earlier at work today. Seems there's some suspicion that a person connected with the site is responsible, whereas others think it's a bot. I don't know whether off-topic is closed for a month for safety or for punishment.

"A couple of weeks" is a bit too strong. That was between last friday morning and saturday morning, and then this week, yesterday, don't know what time.

I removed it again, but there is a security issue with ALL Invision Boards enablng malicious SQL injections, and there's nothing I can do at the moment, besides waiting for a patch.

And yes, we believed that was time to clean up the place. Like 3 years ago, if some of you remember...

Shit.

I thought it was some uber-ban on everyone for all the abuse off-topic has taken over the last few years. Hope it gets sorted out. In the meantime, can we just treat General as the new off-topic? :rolleyes:

Shit.

I thought it was some uber-ban on everyone for all the abuse off-topic has taken over the last few years. Hope it gets sorted out. In the meantime, can we just treat General as the new off-topic? :rolleyes:

B) The people in charge are clearly pissed off, and N-E-M-O (I'm spelling it so he doesn't know we're talking about him*) is on a rampage, so post with that in mind. Meanwhile, it's funny to me to see the new dynamic. People are posting in General who normally don't post there, which is interesting.

* Just kidding, Nemo. :)

B) The people in charge are clearly pissed off, and N-E-M-O (I'm spelling it so he doesn't know we're talking about him*) is on a rampage, so post with that in mind. Meanwhile, it's funny to me to see the new dynamic. People are posting in General who normally don't post there, which is interesting.

* Just kidding, Nemo. :)

Funny how:

1. Sunwolf manages to come back

2. Managed to get banned.

3. The forum got hacked again.

:lol:

So much for being paranoid.

Funny how:

1. Sunwolf manages to come back

2. Managed to get banned.

3. The forum got hacked again.

:lol:

So much for being paranoid.

Yeah, that dude was a shithead from the beginning. Pardon my French. Please tell me he's not from California like Bruce and Jacob were.

who is Sunwolf?

my mind working overtime thinking of who it may be and i can only think of one person....i doubt its that person tho.

hmm.

Nah, I can spot Steve's way of writing anywhere, its very distinctive. I think Steve has no interest what so ever to harm this forum. Hes traveling at the moment afaik as well :)

Yeah, that dude was a shithead from the beginning. Pardon my French. Please tell me he's not from California like Bruce and Jacob were.

Nah, hes from Canada, or so does his ISP -and himself- say :)