A survey for the new school Goa fans out there...

Basilisk

New school Goa digital release survey.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these digital releases have you purchased, if any?

• V/A - Human Hyperactivation
    • V/A - Cosmic Disorder
    • Lost Buddha - Regeration EP
    • Liquid Flow - Goa Terminal EP

I've discovered new School Goatrance for me some time ago...but i won't buy any digital releases. To low countervalue ;)

Honestly, idem dito, I only buy what is available on cd... I bought 1 digital release in my life... It ended up on my pc somewhere and I NEVER listened to it, as I always listen music while searching my cds, and picking the right one for my mood...

Guest antic

I will never pay for a download, even if new Cosmosis or Hallucinogen would come out only as a digital release, I'd rather steal it or not hear it at all than pay for a file...

CDs FTW! :clapping:

I bought all of them except V/A Cosmic Disorder. I'll be honest here: I am going digital all the way. ALL of my music is ripped onto my PC and CDs are dust collectors for the most part. There are releases I would not part with for all the riches of the world, but most probably I'll sell most of what I have and pay for my driver's licence exam, purchase a new big screen TV and some more non-spiritual and materialist shit like that...

I firmly believe that going digital is the future of music. You may stay loyal to CDs until the very end, true, as that is everyone's choice, but facts show different results- digital digital digital digital is the future.

I firmly believe that going digital is the future of music. You may stay loyal to CDs until the very end, true, as that is everyone's choice, but facts show different results- digital digital digital digital is the future.

Well, it may be the future for you, but does that mean you have almost no music that is released on cd today? Because then you would miss A LOT...

Also, at this point, digital sales are not even 1/10th of the cd-sales... I said it before, we need a central download place IF digital wants to become big in goa/psy trance

I will never pay for a download, even if new Cosmosis or Hallucinogen would come out only as a digital release, I'd rather steal it or not hear it at all than pay for a file...

You're about to become a pirate really soon. I heard a very well based rumour that one of the biggest Psy Labels is about to switch to Digital only next year. :unsure:

You're about to become a pirate really soon. I heard a very well based rumour that one of the biggest Psy Labels is about to switch to Digital only next year. :unsure:

Well, it may be the future for you, but does that mean you have almost no music that is released on cd today? Because then you would miss A LOT...

Also, at this point, digital sales are not even 1/10th of the cd-sales... I said it before, we need a central download place IF digital wants to become big in goa/psy trance

Don't worry, I bought every Suntrip Records release thus far :lol:

And yes, going digital is my future. You see, I went from carrying around 4 battery discmans without G-shock, to purchasing Sony's ultra slim 72 hour model to now packing hundreds of tracks on one tiny MP3 player.

While I still (naturally, man :rolleyes: ) appreciate a good CD, I find myself listening to 95% of my music or while sitting in front of my computer or while being on the move - MP3 player...

tch tch tch...materialists ;)

Owning a CD is not owning the music, one can't own music. Just copies of it.

I think digital release is a good idea. You can get only the tracks you want to get, you are able to support more artists, and more of your money goes to thank the artist for taking the time to make the music. However, like Anoebis said ,it needs to be centralized and it needs to be the real deal if its going to be successful. I can't arse myself ot make a new account for a dozen or two different sites out there that have the music. It all needs to come to one place, whether the artists or the labels manage that...this is what needs to happen. And why not both? What if we could DL the tracks after we purchase a CD, and get it in our mail? Some can chose to forgo shipping and just get the mp3s (or wavs), other can get the full deal.

As it is right now, the majority of the money goes to the shipping companies and the printing companies, with small moocheries for the labels and even smaller ones for the artists that actually throw it together.

Its a great thing to own a CD, but I'm not willing to spend $25 on every CD out there, for some I just want to grab a couple of tracks. I should be able to do that no? And if I really respect the vision a label and its artist's have, I'd like to buy the complete package, the whole CD when I can.

Bought all releases except for State Of Spirit. IMO I like CD's better but like some of you here already mentioned,

the future is obviously one where internet is playing a central role. It's not the question whether you like that or not,

it's just happening more and more that new labels and old ones choose for te fully digitalized way.

Guest antic

If it's one of the biggest, then I probably don't like their music anyway :)

This is for Antic

:lol: funny

well I haven't bought any of the listed digital releases... I think I have only bought one (VA - Vapour)

I really prefer physical releases, as Anoebis said, they just disappear in the murky circuits of my computer :unsure: and that sucks!

Guest antic

This is for Antic

That's hilarious! But seriously, when Pavel said 'one of the biggest psy labels' I immediately thought of BNE/Yoyo, Hom-Mega, Iboga or TIP and I really do not care about their releases... I'm sure one day there will be no CDs any more, but until this day comes, I'm going to buy physical media.

Another interesting thing to think about is this: how many sales do you suppose labels make on sites like Cytopia, Beatport, etc.? If CDs are selling 500 to 1,000 (and maybe more) do you suppose digital downloads are anywhere near comparable? From what I hear they aren't... not by a long shot.

Honestly, idem dito, I only buy what is available on cd... I bought 1 digital release in my life... It ended up on my pc somewhere and I NEVER listened to it, as I always listen music while searching my cds, and picking the right one for my mood...

This is exactly what happens to me if I download something. I don't have the drive or the need to listen to it.

Same with a movie I've had on my hard drive for the last 2 years but never bothered to watch :drama:

This is exactly what happens to me if I download something. I don't have the drive or the need to listen to it.

Same with a movie I've had on my hard drive for the last 2 years but never bothered to watch :drama:

That's strange. Does the same thing happen when you download music illegaly?

When I download things, I do it to listen to them.