Distant System - Spiral Empire

abasio

Not even a thank you for the nice comments or anything? The fame must have gotten to your head :lol:

His thanks are not required IMO. And also he might have been upset referring to the earlier posts in this thread. Anyways, I'm a true fan and gonna check it out ;)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even a thank you for the nice comments or anything? The fame must have gotten to your head :lol:

If fame = being close to broke all the time and getting slagged by hate-mongers on forums, then yeah, I guess it's totally gone to my head. :rolleyes:

My appreciation and gratitude for my fan-base is insurmountable, friend. If I were to ever forget to tell my mother I love her, that doesn't change that fact that I do.

So please cut me some slack. I keep myself very busy even though the pay is shite. I have nothing but love for the creation of music and art and the people who support what I do.

This thread has enough activity of individuals trying to take the piss out of it.

Big Thanks and Love to all of you, even the haters and the whiners.

Peace and respect,

Tyler

This thread has enough activity of individuals trying to take the piss out of it.

Don't pay any attention to the obvious attempts at trolling from "Chillmood". Pretty much everyone here loves your album, it's awesome.

Don't pay any attention to the obvious attempts at trolling from "Chillmood". Pretty much everyone here loves your album, it's awesome.

Understood. :) I have to say I always get a good laugh from an avatar or posted GIF when I check out this thread. The cat one, the Caffiene:me cartoon, and the little kid dancing all crazy have got some outward bursts. :lol:

Thanks for the amusment, all! :)

im totally blown away: i had the album for a while now

However, i was listening to it while training, or working, or just walking; i had never get the chance to lay back and get a profound listen to it.

I've always found that Androcell was to repetitive, but this, wow, i wasn't exepting that at all.

That's a hell of a good release, im just a the third song right know, and every sounds i heard since the beginning are just never too much, never not enough, it ,makes me think of solar field a lot, but sorry guys, but maybe even better, i tends to like it more. Eh the best release this year so far into the ambient scene, because this is still ambient. ill get back later to tell the end of the cd, but im just astonished right now by the last minutes of Equidistant. :clapping: :lol: :posford:

okay i ve read some of your comments, yes this already have been heard, the type of sound and the type of groove, i personnaly dont like ultimea, besides some artist, most of them i fing really boring

BUT this is not boring at all, and thats what im always shouting about a lot of release this time, yes its always good production, its been two years now that we have a lot of time some crazy production, but it always gets boring, but this it doesnt get boring at all, it interesting, sopĥisticated, no im really picky, i normally love a couple of albums every year, and this one is a hell of a good release for this time in general, when i mean time i mean between 2005 to 2008. since psyreviews is closed, i dont found a lot of good cd's anymore, but this one is just in your face, you can not dislike this cd, IMO of course!

first of all gaypir, i dont know who is swim, and i dont give a damn fuck honestly dood hahaha

you can even say it to me, it has to pass thru SWIM words????

this release is just fuckin crazy, what else do you want, and tell me whats, then, the best release this year in the ambiant, if you dont answer, i know the answer dood

If fame = being close to broke all the time and getting slagged by hate-mongers on forums, then yeah, I guess it's totally gone to my head. :rolleyes:

My appreciation and gratitude for my fan-base is insurmountable, friend. If I were to ever forget to tell my mother I love her, that doesn't change that fact that I do.

So please cut me some slack. I keep myself very busy even though the pay is shite. I have nothing but love for the creation of music and art and the people who support what I do.

Peace and respect,

Tyler

Well, I hope we don't forget to say thank you to you for all the great music!

THANK YOU

Will definitely check out the new Celestial Dragon comp :clapping:

Peace and respect,

Tyler

:lol: Dude i was just fucking with you... Sorry for my twisted sense of humor :) I love your music, keep it up!

first of all gaypir, i dont know who is swim, and i dont give a damn fuck honestly dood hahaha

you can even say it to me, it has to pass thru SWIM words????

this release is just fuckin crazy, what else do you want, and tell me whats, then, the best release this year in the ambiant, if you dont answer, i know the answer dood

It was a joke, and SWIM means "someone who isn't me".

Get some chillmood, d00d.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Big thanks again to all of you supporting the efforts. :)

I put up a lo-res preview sample of the "Lost Sequence" track coming up on the Celestial Dragon compilation "Vampire Sunrise" at the DS website for those of you interested.

Should be released in October.

http://distantsystem.com/

Here is an inside peek at the tracklisting:

Celestial Dragon - Vampire Sunrise

Compiled by Pete Pan

1> Colourform - Magic Carpet (Ishq rmx)

2> Evan Bartholomew - Spirit Happening

3> Overflow - Scintilla

4> (val)Liam - As Is

5> Distant System - Lost Sequence

6> Ishvara - Nomad (Arabian rmx)

7> Open System - Rise and Shine

8> KiloWatts - Nub

I put up a lo-res preview sample of the "Lost Sequence" track coming up on the Celestial Dragon compilation "Vampire Sunrise" at the DS website for those of you interested.

Should be released in October.

http://distantsystem.com/

Here is an inside peek at the tracklisting:

Compiled by Pete Pan

3> Overflow - Scintilla

4> (val)Liam - As Is

8> KiloWatts - Nub

great news :posford:

thanx for the good work mate ;)

I put up a lo-res preview sample of the "Lost Sequence" track coming up on the Celestial Dragon compilation "Vampire Sunrise" at the DS website for those of you interested...Here is an inside peek at the tracklisting:

Compiled by Pete Pan

3> Overflow - Scintilla

4> (val)Liam - As Is

8> KiloWatts - Nub

This looks like a potential album of the year, I can't wait :posford:

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got around to getting this album, along with Ra's 9th which i haven't had time to listen to properly yet, based on the strength of the reviews here and I have to say that it definately lives up to the hype. Deep, spacey tunes with wonderful melodies make this an asbolutely perfect nighttime companion. Make sure you listen to it on a soundsytem with good bass or some good headphones though, otherwise much of the feel of the music is lost.

This album stands along side the first two Aes Dana releases as my favourites in the spaced out trance genre. Great work!!

• 4 weeks later...

Very good music, sounds indeed very much like Ultimae, altough a little more concentrated on beats and rhytms then Ultimae... They use the spacy, heavy sounds a little more. Melodies are very similar tho

The only negative thing about this album is that it maybe sounds too ultimae (copycat), but well, never enough of such good music so it doesn't matter :P

• 3 weeks later...

This is my most listened to album of 2008 so far and will almost certainly hold that title firmly. It puts itself in a category of its own, completely removed from the aesthete of any other album I have heard. I would love to hear more music in this style. I like that it doesn't have an earthly feel, and doesn't concern itself with mysticism or aliens like other ambient works. It is to me, cold and clinical, it lacks sentience or life. This is an exceptionally good thing, space is cold and lifeless, the only emotion it reflects is that of wonderment at the surreal and massive scope of the universe which leaves you with a melancholic realization of your own insignificance. To me this is saddening music. I am not sure if this was the intention of the artist, and surely others will disagree and tell me that it is in fact a very warm piece with strong humanistic emotions permeating throughout. It reminds me of the drawn out space scenes in 2001: A Space Odyssey, and even the "Star Gate" scene if it were played in slow motion. But much like 2001, I think each person will rightfully have their own take on the piece.

Also, it avoids being pretentious, which is far too easy with ambient and downtempo music. At the same time it lacks any cheesiness. It does this by being a genuine attempt to create something interesting while, much like Pink Floyd's Piper at the Gates of Dawn, it completely forgoes being self-aware, it has no expectations of itself and is focused solely on the creation of music and the concepts underlying it. I like this disregard for the scene, peoples expectations and as an extension the marketability of the album. It is in a situation like this that art can really be art, and artistic integrity is kept solid.

Perhaps I am talking in too many superlatives and in a vague and abstract fashion and read into the work too far. I may have made this sound like the best musical work of all time, which it certainly isn't, but as lover of sci-fi and a ponderer of the nature of the universe it is just fantastic.

EDIT: Spelling