best and worst of juno reactor

exotic

Labyrinth

Gods & Monsters

Bible Of Dreams

Beyond the Infinite

Transmission

Shango

I really like the newer stuff. JR has evolved nicely. Never sticking to old worn out sounds but just making whatever the hell they want :) Even if you don't like the style, the music is always top quality IMO

My favourite of Juno Reactor must be "Beyond the Infinite" (favourite track "Mars")

My least favourite is "Labyrinth" (can't say which tracks i like or dislike, all depends on the mood)

so here's my JR top:

1. Beyond the Infinite

2. Transmissions

3. Shango

4. Bible of Dreams

5. Labyrinth.

I hope to hear Gods and Monsters soon :rolleyes:

If i were to choose a favourite it'll be "Beyond the infinte" being the only one I actually find very trance-dance inducing. The rest are good too in their respective departments. :drama:

For me it's more songs rather than albums that define my tastes:

best (bold are the absolutely like among the best musiks ever made):

magnetic

icecube

feel the universe

conga fury

komit

kaguya-hime

hule-lam

badimo

nitrogen (part 1)

zwara

conquistador II

worst:

god is god

guardian angel

so a clear win for the 'best' team then :lol:

I don't get why people don't like god is god (at least the album version... the radio edit sucks). Its nice how it goes from a kind of boring (at least thats what you think at first) to a much more trancey mood... and suddenly it all makes sense.

Bible of dreams

Beyond the infinite

Everything else...

I don't get why people don't like god is god (at least the album version... the radio edit sucks). Its nice how it goes from a kind of boring (at least thats what you think at first) to a much more trancey mood... and suddenly it all makes sense.

+1

It's by far my favorite Juno Reactor track :)

Other than that, I find their complete discography to follow somewhat of a hit 'n' miss pattern. Their albums are patchy, consisting of wonderful music, manifesting pure skill and outstanding production capabilities courtesy of an extremely talented collective.

Unfortunately, on the down side, some of their tunes made me toss my KFC chicken wings six feet high up in the air. Often did I mold a negative opinion about certain tracks of theirs, due to pointless arrangements and idealess directions some of their music followed. I'll try to elaborate: some of their (IMHO) not so impressive tracks in my ears often came across as a collage of various sounds conjuncted in an unfocused, overly ambitious tunes. They threw everything they could get their hands on in the mix- from vocals, oriental melodies, broken beats, breaks, melodies and what not- but sometimes it just sounds like chaotic show off material.

I think the "Odyssey (1992-2002)" is a pretty adequate overview of the first decade of their carrer, but how they managed not to include either Mars or Samurai is beyond me.

You can get it here :

Gods & Monsters

HMV ship via EMS (you can receive it 3-4 days after your order) and it's really secure.

Recently, with Amazon, I had custom fees for just 2 cd ordered, never with HMV.

About this album, it's a great piece of art :wub:

And to answer the question, it's too difficult for me to say there's a "worst" in the Juno discography. Of course, somes are less attractive than others but overall, I like everything Ben did these years.

Nevertheless, here are my favourite albums in order of preference :

1 - Gods & Monsters (but I guess it could evolve later, it's the new album so...)

2 - Bible Of Dreams

3 - Beyond The Infinite

4 - Shango

5 - Labyrinth

6 - Transmission (but hey! This will be remastered for the forthcoming Juno Reactor's boxset released by Metropolis, there's great tunes on Transmission!)

7 - LuCiaNa

Some of my favourite tracks : Biot Messiah, Magnetic, Mars, Zwara, Hotaka (dvd live version), Immaculate Cruxifiction, Perfect Crime, City of Sinful...

• 4 weeks later...