2007/06 releases on vinyl?

psytimeofmylife

Oh man ... freshly pressed, previously unplayed vinyl has an unbeatable sound quality!

A pity there's not much vinyl coming out anymore, everybody releasing on CDs...

The last time I saw a Technics SL-whatever on a psy party was probably four years ago - and even there they only used the CDJs :(

Actually more and more stuff is available as digital release only :/

that's actually true as well ... but it's not so bad yet .. and I like the idea of beatport and such, no shipping times and all that ... when I have a job and earn good money I'll have an ipod-like thing as well where I load up all the new stuff directly from beatport...

but Vinyl is something totally different to that ... the music from beatport would be for casual listening on the portable player, cool and efficient, but the vinyls, that's something special only for listening at home, no disturbances, only sound ... warm, clear, soothing! I'd also not play them often to not wear them off. But this way they'd last until I'm a hundred years old...

But anyway, that's all not really that relevant anymore as vinyls are getting more and more scarce :(

But despite the bad news concerning new releases on vinyl, there's still good news concerning the old stuff! This Saturday it will take place again: record convention in vienna! That means once again going through loads of huge cardboard boxes with the fresh smell of cellar and attics all over and maybe, after an hour of searching through a heap of total junk, finding the one or the other gem of old electronic ambient such as early Tangerine Dream or Jean Michel Jarre for a price that you'd not even get a decent newspaper for nowadays ... THAT'S the spirit, man ... look around, there's something like that in almost every town for sure :)

that's actually true as well ... but it's not so bad yet .. and I like the idea of beatport and such, no shipping times and all that

And nothing to add to your collection aswell. Music for me has to come with an artwork which in the best case fits the Music, a proper medium like a 12" or a disc and, what is unfortunately rare this days, a booklet. i dont like the Idea to buy just a file.

It might be a good option for DJs, that only need 1 or 2 songs from an album, though.

And nothing to add to your collection aswell. Music for me has to come with an artwork which in the best case fits the Music, a proper medium like a 12" or a disc and, what is unfortunately rare this days, a booklet. i dont like the Idea to buy just a file.

It might be a good option for DJs, that only need 1 or 2 songs from an album, though.

I was trying to make a point cocnerning the separation between "casual" music (which I just get from batport, put on the mp3 player, play some times and that was it) and masterpieces, which I'd get on vinyl to listen at home.

I'd not want the next full on compilation on vinyl. And even the usual progressive psy is already getting kinda repetitous, so I wouldn't want that on vinyl either. These two examples are perfect for beatport. Why? Because in the times we live it more and more often occurs that on compilations only two or three tracks are really good and the rest is just mediocre ... well, in this case beatport is ideal for you - just buy the three good tracks and leave the rest aside and pay only for the good stuff! I wouldn't want this mediocre stuff on vinyl, it would be a shame! And the two-page inlet (inlet, not booklet, note that!) I can do without in that case...

The core point to critisize is that the really good stuff, such as Matenda - Natural Development for example, doesn't get released on vinyl anymore! But this stuff for example would be of the kind that I'd put on my record player at home - with crystal clear warm sound :) ... and oh yes, I look through the inlet aswell here...

These cases are where I go buy the release in hardware and would not go to beatport.

But industry thinks market-oriented and there are just too few of us vinyl lovers...

But industry thinks market-oriented and there are just too few of us vinyl lovers...

I've also finally lost intrest in Vinyl...have like 100 Psy and Progressive vinyls here which are only collecting dust...

It was a hard decision.....atm i'm trying to trade as much vinyl for CDs, and the rest is going to be sold in the near future.

I don't know...when i sit at home and listen to an Album, i don't want to stand up after every or every 2 tracks and change the Sides or the Vinyl. And for DJ purposes there are far to less Psytrance vinyls released this days....

I've once bought a release via iTunes Store, and guess what...i've also bought the CD a few weeks later. Wasted money ;)