Psychedelic Trance

abasio

Psychedelic Trance  

23 members have voted

1. 1. is the name misused

• Totally
    • Yeah, but it's all crap anyway so who cares?
    • No way, that donkey trance is the most psy you'll ever hear mate

So, while in HMV I was browsing through the Psychedelic trance section. There were lots of familiar names that I'm sure we would all consider psy. Hallucinogen, Hujaboy, Raja Ram, Shpongle, Eat Static etc but among these were loads of CDs that could not, I mean they couldn't have been Psy Trance! Look at this picture to see what I mean.

Posted Image

I mean, WTF? Eat Static's latest slap bang next to Donkey Trance?

I've started feeling that the genre name is becoming misused as more & more psy trance isn't psychedelic anymore :(

Any Thoughts?

Hallucinogenic Donkeys? :unsure:

I wonder how donkey trance actually would sound like?!!

Well the name psychedelic trance is being "watered out" (can u say that?) by labels like Chemical Crew and the likes anyway... sad but true!

But that kind of genre mixing (as shown on the pic) is quite common is those "have it all" kinda shops... they seem to know jack-shit about the music they sell! I remember seeing it mixed, well, ever since I started listening to psy trance :lol:

3/4 of so called psytrance ain't psychedelic...i got used to it.

so, donkey trance ain't the only problem.

somehow this looks more like a hippo to me, not like a donkey (the two before got it as such as well).

Well fullon psy is more like psycho trance anyway... and not sure about history... but morning psy etc seems like it came from fullon (or fastish psy) at one point. So it's all very nice... but it's not psychedelic. I mean it's better then regular trance... but in the same way breakbeat is.

I mean I know infected mushroom are the psytrance poster child... but really tbh their stuff sounds more Goa. Twisted certainly sounds like a very early form of psytrance though.

TBH only truely psychedelic trance I've heard post 2002 is probably Electric Universe-Acidance and that album had retro vibes all over it anyway.

Well fullon psy is more like psycho trance anyway... and not sure about history... but morning psy etc seems like it came from fullon (or fastish psy) at one point. So it's all very nice... but it's not psychedelic. I mean it's better then regular trance... but in the same way breakbeat is.

I mean I know infected mushroom are the psytrance poster child... but really tbh their stuff sounds more Goa. Twisted certainly sounds like a very early form of psytrance though.

TBH only truely psychedelic trance I've heard post 2002 is probably Electric Universe-Acidance and that album had retro vibes all over it anyway.

wtf is psycho trance & fastish psy? :blink:

wtf is psycho trance & fastish psy? :blink:

Thats why i don't want to mess around with the styles... I'll keep it to progressive/psychedelic/dark/full on.... Thats all the direction i need to know... It's so difficult to genre the different bands caus they all have a different sound.

Never heard of psycho trance or fastish trance though :)