Various Artists - Golden Vibes 2

The Watcher

Posted Image

VA - GOLDEN VIBES 2

CD1

01 :: The Muses Rapt - The Fool (8:08)

02 :: Jikooha - Bay Hall Magic (7:53)

03 :: Filteria - Navigate (Live Version 2007) (10:30)

04 :: The Wonderboy - Octagon Flashback (Tribute to AFGIN) (8:34)

05 :: Har-El & Ime - Creation (8:44)

06 :: SynSUN - Gagarinz Trip (6:31)

07 :: Paradise Mutants - Holy Weird Past (7:33)

08 :: The Wonderboy - Magical Kingdom Of Hallucinations (7:24)

09 :: The Wonderboy - Wicked Genre Salad (8:18)

10 :: Subra - Olmec (7:12)

CD2

01 :: Jikooha & Eiji - My Revolution And Yours (9:30)

02 :: Ka-Sol - DfG (8:32)

03 :: The Wonderboy - Holy Rave (Tribute To Asher Haviv) (7:47)

04 :: SynSUN - Space Sirens (8:34)

05 :: Ka-Sol - Stainless Recreation (7:11)

06 :: Goasia - Never Again (8:11)

07 :: Apis - 1995 (7:12)

08 :: Ediya - OiG (7:20)

09 :: Vox - Solar Wind (8:42)

10 :: AFGIN - Waves Of Love (7:16)

Just got my hands on this monster! This is an incredible, and powerful comp intened to re-spark intrest in old school goa (as if anyone here needed a re-spark ;) It is being distributed for free, with the artists' permission!

As you can see it kicks of with a Muses Rapt song! It sounds like a lost track from Spiritual Healing, but with way better production. Sweet melodies playing throughout this track, it definatey has my mouth watering for more tunes like this. An amazing track to open with... :clapping:

The Filteria track is another highlight! With a live track, no less. I still can't comprehend putting this many layers together, but I love how it sounds. Also very melodic, throughout. :D

SynSun also appears several times on this comp. Both tracks are epic! Especially "Space Sirens" which has some awesome surprise breaks and gated voices.

Ka-Sol also donated two great tracks. This is an artist I'm extremely fond of because he has really mastered a genuine retro style. I love the basslines on both tracks. "DfG" is by far the better of the two tracks though, and is a crazy, crazy track. It made me feel like I was floating!!! B)

Goasia (who is releasing a full album soon on Suntrip) added the sweet track "Never Again"! Perhaps the song title is a reference to many old-school artists bitter sentiments after the scenes' collapse years ago; and to the newly emerging artists defying history. Its a classic sounding track that reminds me of the good ole days of Astral Pro and Pleaidians!

Which brings me to an artist named The Wonderboy, who put this whole project together, and called all the artists invovled, and put some of his own amazing tracks on the comp as well. MOST of his tracks are impressive ("Holy Rave" is great for all the classic samples, which are used well, too), and gloriously psychedelic! We all owe him a gigantic debt of gratitude, especially if this compilation means as much to you as it does to me!

Please seek this album out and listen to it yourself, you'll see there are no words to describe its goa glory! I hope it succeeds in rekindling the old school flame and brings more attention to acts like Wonderboy, Vox, Subra and everyone else involved.

This will likely be many psynews fans' #1 choice for album of the year!

Which brings me to an artist named The Wonderboy, who put this whole project together, and called all the artists invovled, and put some of his own amazing tracks on the comp as well. ALL his tracks are impressive ("Holy Rave" is great for all the classic samples, which are used well, too), and gloriously psychedelic! We all owe him a gigantic debt of gratitude, especially if this compilation means as much to you as it does to me!

Please seek this album out and listen to it yourself, you'll see there are no words to describe its goa glory! I hope it succeeds in rekindling the old school flame and brings more attention to acts like Wonderboy, Vox, Subra and everyone else involved.

This will likely be many psynews fans' #1 choice for album of the year!

You dont sound very objective do you?

NO! Objectivity is for fact finding, but this is my OPINION!?!

I see where your coming from though, so I made an edit...

cheers

Hehe :) i think you missunderstood me, what i mean is that in a review i think it is nice if the reviewer goes through wich tracks are good and wich he finds less good etc and for example tells a bit why he dont like certain tracks or what he likes in others.. i would wish for a more detailed review, i would like to see someone comparing filterias live mix to the original version etc

Not just praises it doesnt seem like review to me that way.. More like promotion.

Cheers

... in a review i think it is nice if the reviewer goes through wich tracks are good and wich he finds less good etc and for example tells a bit why he dont like certain tracks or what he likes in others. i would wish for a more detailed review, i would like to see someone comparing filterias live mix to the original version etc

Not just praises it doesnt seem like review to me that way.. More like promotion.

I agree, I was just trying to promote this comp! I didn't realize that there was already a discussion about it in the Promo section before I posted.

I save more detailed reviews for albums that warrant them... like when you put out a proper release ;)

Gee.. you get a compilation like that for FREE and you wine about the quality.

Amen dude! I can't tell the difference between 320k mp3s and .wavs unless i'm listening through studio monitors, and even then there's not much of a difference, maybe a little loss on the low end.

They released better quality mp3s than whats available to pay for and download off itunes or napster (which is 192k) and they did it for FREE, NADA, ZIP!!!!

Personally, I'd rather have this music in ANY format, rather than not at all.

• 2 months later...

i got it today. at first glance - it contain some real amazing tracks.

Apis - 1995 100/10!!!! so perfect, so nice. may be 2007 winner for me.

SynSUN - Gagarinz Trip 10/10

SynSUN - Space Sirens 10/10 никогда особо не доверял "нашим", поэтому не ожидал такого от вас ребята:) буду искать все ваши работы.

Vox - Solar Wind 10/10

Har-El & Ime - Creation 10/10

Ka-Sol - Stainless Recreation 10/10

Those who compile such a nice stuff - cheers from psy-goa fans

I'm surprised this compilation doesn't get more attention.

This is not just the best compilation of 2007, but one of the best in years.

There are many oustanding tracks in both cds.

First is the Muses Rapt-The Fool. OMG!!! :blink: Amazing melodies with his classic emotional touch. Especially, the second part is one of the best ever listened in Goa history. I guess it's an old track , but it hasn't been released before, right?

Filteria's Navigate remix is awesome as well. I like the original more, but this one has so many melodies that exploded my mind. I know that many ppl won't like this over the top melodic style with all these fast melodies, but I absolutely love it! And yes the climaxes are awesome as always.

SynSUN's Gagarinz Trip is the closest I can think to Astral Projection. No, it's not just a great track, it's one of the best Goa track ever written!

Paradise Mutants made me imagine the old Koxbox days with their cyber-Goa sound.

Wonderboy's tracks are acidic bliss and the Afgin's one simply beautiful!

WOW for Ediya and Subra too!

Apis's track really sounds like you have been teleported back in 1995.

Last but not least Goasia! Wonderful track!

The rest of the tracks are great too. Not bad tracks here, not mediocre tunes.

Overall, this is THE Goa compilation and if there's ever a volume 3 it MUST be released on cd! It's the only way to get the recognition it deserves. And Old Is Gold crew must not worry, Goa lovers will support their work.

10/10

• 3 months later...

OLD-SCHOOL bliss!

Many tracks are very well executed with amazing atmospheres. Listened to both cds at once (i mean i've spent almost 3 hours) and it felt like 30 minutes (time ralativity). That's how good it is. :rolleyes:

Amen dude! I can't tell the difference between 320k mp3s and .wavs unless i'm listening through studio monitors, and even then there's not much of a difference, maybe a little loss on the low end.

They released better quality mp3s than whats available to pay for and download off itunes or napster (which is 192k) and they did it for FREE, NADA, ZIP!!!!

Personally, I'd rather have this music in ANY format, rather than not at all.

I can on shitty car speakers... and the normal ones I use.

The fact that its free is nice... but still... the fact there is no way to get this in wav is a little depressing. Release for free in wav or release on cd please!

the mastering isn't good, I only have the mp3 free release and there maybe

something went wrong with the compression don't know...

doesn't sound good on my speakers,

too bad, tracklist seems very nice :(

It was made straight from the beginning that the mastering is "as it came out from the artists' hands"

To me this is the best compilation up to now from the new goa generation.

The "bad" sound quality adds charm to its old-school feeling ;)

The "bad" sound quality adds charm to its old-school feeling ;)

I have this with all non electronic music too, like rock, reggea etc...

but not with electronic music...

there are albums older albums sounding stronger then this,

one the top of my head, the first mystica release (not the one man game)

and many more in the beginning of 90's,

then again every bodies taste ;)

respect :)

maybe I should give it another try on my headphones....