1. Nervous (rmx)

2. Detonator

3. Dervish (wasted rmx)

4. Liquid forms

5. Are we safe?

6. Like a diamond

7. Solaris

8. Tracktor activity

notice how track nr.5 on the japanese edition is moved to the last position in the european edition. a track of such massive proportions deserves better than that. it gives the impression they filled up the european version with random tracks just for the sake of releasing "something new" & threw some of the jap highlights in to give it at least some body.

also notice how the european edition lacks "Black Lava", which happens to be their greatest achievement in the field of minimal maximal space-trance. besides that, the flow of the jap edition is incomparable to the europ one, the infatomable depth & intelligent smoothness of the prior sometimes makes me wonder if they put any effort in the latter at all. the verdict is clear & simple; the japanese edition is simply at a whole other level. i rest my case. Posted Image

e. despite my negative outburst in the light of the japanese edition; my vote still stands though. chrome.. :wub:

I however chose the deput. :)

I did the exact same thing. Why? Because after multiple listens, after years of being an Etnica fan, their freshman release is something I go back to more often. My honest opinion is that in retrospective, Etnica may have peaked early :)

Damn, that reminds me, I still need to get a copy of Equator on CD...

I am almost in the mood of trading it away... The more time goes by, the less I like it... Except those two amazing ambientesque tracks, the opening and the closing number, the rest of the album fails to amaze me time after time...

I did the exact same thing. Why? Because after multiple listens, after years of being an Etnica fan, their freshman release is something I go back to more often. My honest opinion is that in retrospective, Etnica may have peaked early :)

I agree with your opinion. I guess there's certain innocence in those early works. I feel the later stuff might be technically more complex but often don't reach the same level of euphoria when it comes to melodies and mood.

Chrome (Western Edition). Perfect combination of psychedelic & tech trance for me. And there really are melodies, just not so obvious like in their earlier work.

Alien Protein is too cheesy, Nitrox & Equator are very uneven and I don't even want to mention Sharp.

Haven't heard Alchemists though.

I am almost in the mood of trading it away... The more time goes by, the less I like it... Except those two amazing ambientesque tracks, the opening and the closing number, the rest of the album fails to amaze me time after time...

If you're ever up for it, check out my for sale/trade list on Discogs :)

yay yay yay, sup manuser B) :posford: ?!

first off; the highly original & absolutely fabulous cover

Posted Image

vs. the old & uninspired

Posted Image

second; the tracklist & albumflow

1. Alpha-Beta

2. Solaris

3. 1056

4. Black Lava

5. Tracktor Activity

6. The Object (Live Mix)

7. Liquid Forms

8. Are We Safe?

9. Blasting!

vs.

1. Nervous (rmx)

2. Detonator

3. Dervish (wasted rmx)

4. Liquid forms

5. Are we safe?

6. Like a diamond

7. Solaris

8. Tracktor activity

notice how track nr.5 on the japanese edition is moved to the last position in the european edition. a track of such massive proportions deserves better than that. it gives the impression they filled up the european version with random tracks just for the sake of releasing "something new" & threw some of the jap highlights in to give it at least some body.

also notice how the european edition lacks "Black Lava", which happens to be their greatest achievement in the field of minimal maximal space-trance. besides that, the flow of the jap edition is incomparable to the europ one, the infatomable depth & intelligent smoothness of the prior sometimes makes me wonder if they put any effort in the latter at all. the verdict is clear & simple; the japanese edition is simply at a whole other level. i rest my case. Posted Image

e. despite my negative outburst in the light of the japanese edition; my vote still stands though. chrome.. :wub:

mhm, you say that only because you have this japs fetish -_-

ok, ill give chrome a listen, will try to get japanese one :ph34r: ive heard chrome, but i dont know what version or if both. dont remember it anyway, sounded crap to my ears at that time.

mhm, you say that only because you have this japs fetish -_-

Hehe.

fluff - The jap edition lacks Detonator, which is pretty much the only reason I ever listen to Chrome. But now I'll have to check out Tracktor Activity again, since it's been a while.

fluff - The jap edition lacks Detonator, which is pretty much the only reason I ever listen to Chrome. But now I'll have to check out Tracktor Activity again, since it's been a while.

point. kill@@rgh psytek. i admit i might've pulled things out of proportion, just for the sake of it :lol: but after re-listening 'em both yesterday; i can't shake the feeling the western edition is more purely psychedelic techno oriented whilest the japanese version is a bit more space'ish ambient'ish in flow. :) they're both awesome anyway.. yeh.

It's been a very long time isn't it?

I am good, and you?

im better B)

hi hi, kidding :)

im ok, youve been quite busy :P?

point. kill@@rgh psytek. i admit i might've pulled things out of proportion, just for the sake of it :lol: but after re-listening 'em both yesterday; i can't shake the feeling the western edition is more purely psychedelic techno oriented whilest the japanese version is a bit more space'ish ambient'ish in flow. :) they're both awesome anyway.. yeh.

i listened to japs edition yesterday, meh, not my cup of tea, perhaps some brainwrecking saikodelikz would help in this case :rolleyes: but i doupt, lacks too much even considering that its quite minimal, nothing special.