The official new Younger Brother album support group

Goa Bill

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad, I will never insult you again. :)

Finally got it in the mail today. Second consecutive listen and I love it. First listen was a bit disappointing, but I attribute that to my expectations being sky high by now, but it's really great. Favorite so far is 'All I Want'.

Finally it's here! Signed and all, too. :D

Still not received mine yet thanks to the bloody postal strike. <_<

What do they think they will achieve by striking ay? The postal chiefs probably don't care they are just pissing regular people off!

I've not bothered to get this one yet! The 1st album was very average to my spazzed up ears :P

This one is good though. 8.5/10. There are definitely some 10/10 tunes on here though.... Ribbon on a branch is killer.

Yep.. Ribbon on a branch is the best. Other favourites are Psychic Gibbon, I am a freak, All I want..

9/10

-1 because of Sleepwalker :angry: What were they thinking?

Anybody knows the lyrics of Ribbon on a branch ?

My copy's still not arrived and I've started thinking the postman's stolen it. Might put a couple of mouse traps inside my letterbox, break his bastard fingers. <_<

The postman spoke to me. He was saying its one of the better releases by twisted. :P

It's not been released here yet!

Thankfully, I wont be tempted to buy it while I'm so skint! Although I'm not even that excited, I didn't like the first one that much! Is this better?

Just listened through it while having a few brews and my impressions haven't changed much.

It's a very skillfully crafted, slightly boring album of idm and rock-tinged electronica.

"Ribbon on a branch" is still nice, good melancholy pop song. Sleepwalker 1&2 are filler, the intro of "I am a freak" is downright embarrassing.

If they release it as a 12" single I'll probably buy it.

Miles better than anything that has come from the Twisted camp since shpongle's 1st one though :)

Mine finally arrived yesterday. Listened to it 3 or 4 times now and find, while it's nicely engineered and reasonably catchy, it's, dare I say it, a little bit boring. It's also probably the cheesiest work Simon has done, that's not to say the album is cheesey, but it's not far off. It could also be described as rather shallow as there's practically no multi-layering and I can't help thinking of it as Diet-Shpongle or Shpongle-Lite. At the end of the day, I feel Simon's far too talented a musician to be knocking out this kinda stuff. He can create music like no others can, you hear a piece and you know it's his work, a melody, a synth, a bassline, it's unmistakably Posford. Sadly this sounds like any number of artists could have created it.

Mine finally arrived yesterday. Listened to it 3 or 4 times now and find, while it's nicely engineered and reasonably catchy, it's, dare I say it, a little bit boring. It's also probably the cheesiest work Simon has done, that's not to say the album is cheesey, but it's not far off. It could also be described as rather shallow as there's practically no multi-layering and I can't help thinking of it as Diet-Shpongle or Shpongle-Lite. At the end of the day, I feel Simon's far too talented a musician to be knocking out this kinda stuff. He can create music like no others can, you hear a piece and you know it's his work, a melody, a synth, a bassline, it's unmistakably Posford. Sadly this sounds like any number of artists could have created it.

+1 :ph34r::ph34r: :ph34r:

Holy crap, finally some people with some sense. I haven't had the urge to listen to it since the first few listens, just as I thought.

Thread like these are good because you can tell who is all about the hype and who actually understand music.

Holy crap, finally some people with some sense. I haven't had the urge to listen to it since the first few listens, just as I thought.

Thread like these are good because you can tell who is all about the hype and who actually understand music.

You can also tell who has nothing constructive to say other than call people names.

Or some people might actually have liked it :ph34r:

lol, i completely give up on this genre. anyone who thinks hype has anything to do with this hasn't been out of highschool long enough.

this album is a masterpiece, psytrance is a fucking joke of a genre. if you don't like this have fun listening to your boom boom boom boom, paint by number bullshit music.

later

its been fun but i just cant stand anything about this genre anymore

lol, i completely give up on this genre. anyone who thinks hype has anything to do with this hasn't been out of highschool long enough.

this album is a masterpiece, psytrance is a fucking joke of a genre. if you don't like this have fun listening to your boom boom boom boom, paint by number bullshit music.

later

its been fun but i just cant stand anything about this genre anymore

psy trance needs more trance and psychedelia :D