The official Khetzal appreciation topic

rino

Yeah, two years have passed since the man dropped his beautiful Corolle debut album... Those amazing violin :drama: sounds throughout the album send shivers down my spine whenever I put it on... Front to back- it is my favorite Suntrip release thus far, and the way things are looking (or sounding), it is very likely it will remain so!

BUT, all we got are two tracks in the last two years: the mesmerizing Chips Tree from last year's astonishing V.A. Peace Therapy vol. 2, and this year's dance floor killer Trancefuzion, which saw mr. Chamoux pushing the envelope, from V.A. Twist Dreams!

I guess that with this guy it's pure quality music you get, rather than quantity, which is actually a good thing. But I like his music soooooo much that I just need more. I want more...

To somebody who might be better informed: when is another album due?

GOOOOOOOOOOO Khetzal!!! :clapping:

Yeah, two years have passed since the man dropped his beautiful Corolle debut album... Those amazing violin :drama: sounds throughout the album send shivers down my spine whenever I put it on... Front to back- it is my favorite Suntrip release thus far, and the way things are looking (or sounding), it is very likely it will remain so!

BUT, all we got are two tracks in the last two years: the mesmerizing Chips Tree from last year's astonishing V.A. Peace Therapy vol. 2, and this year's dance floor killer Trancefuzion, which saw mr. Chamoux pushing the envelope, from V.A. Twist Dreams!

I guess that with this guy it's pure quality music you get, rather than quantity, which is actually a good thing. But I like his music soooooo much that I just need more. I want more...

To somebody who might be better informed: when is another album due?

GOOOOOOOOOOO Khetzal!!! :clapping:

nice to hear I'm not alone, his album has a very special place in my heart, when I had his promo for the first time 2 years ago I fell almost of my chair, such good music never released... It's probably the album I still listen the most of what we released, I wake up with his album ALOT :)

Anyway, what the future of Khetzal brings? He is slowly, very slowly, working on a new album besides other stuff, he is busy in private life, runs Avigmatic Records and makes music as Avigmatic as well! But he creates a new goa trance track once in a while... :)

His idea of creating music is for sure quality over quantity, that's why it will take much more time, but in the end it will happen again, and like that I'm sure many more people will find out about Khetzal! :) In fact, one of his newer tracks is the love-track of me and my gf :) we heard it together the first time, and I play it for her since then in my sets... the most beautiful climax ever :P (in fact I'm talking about the original Trancefuzion, the one on Twist Dreams is a rmx)

Anyway, I had some other new tracks of him, and all I can say: he who loves emotions and eastern melodies... you will get crazy! :) Only difference with the old khetzal is that his basslines became a little harder (cfr Trancefuzion), but not on all the tracks... :)

We will keep you informed once we have more official news ;)

Aaaaaw, everything you wrote is just marvellous news... Quantity over quality... I know he runs the Avigmatic Reocrds, I bought an ambient compilation last year, I think it was V.A. Positive Alchemists vol. 2, but it left me yearning for more. :)

Argh, it would be nice to hear the "original" Trancefuzion though! Now you left me super curious and jelaous!

And oh god, I can only imagine other tracks like Trancefuzion getting published and produced... :wub:

Gosh those beautiful melodies combined with some more uplifting and pumping beats. Sounds amazing.

What leaves me dissatisfied is the fact that I'll have to wait... :ranting: Oh well, I still have the whole Corolle to learn by heart!!! B)

I'm not sure Khetzal needs a special appreciation thread — it's just really hard to find someone who doesn't like his music, and that's fair, because you receive as much as you give... and that's why he was voted #1 in 2005 ;)

Yeah, two years have passed since the man dropped his beautiful Corolle debut album...

Something we agree on! Rino, I'm shocked. This album doesn't get enough props... :clapping: In fact I'm tempted to say that it is, so far, the best non-VA album Suntrip has released, with the first Filteria album following hot on its heels.

Something we agree on! Rino, I'm shocked. This album doesn't get enough props...

Not that we didn't agree before- it was a matter of calling people idiots 'cause they didn't agree with you... ;)

This albums is getting all the props it deserves- I made it official with this "groupie" thread! :P Really, I actually think it sold well too...?

NP: Khetzal- indian attic :wub: That melody kicking in @ around 05:10 makes this album worth every cent I got!!! ^_^

Guest Cosmogenesis

For me, "Corolle" is the best goa album of the last 4-5 years, alongside with "Anima Mundi" of Ethereal. Both piece are amazing quality. :)

For me, "Corolle" is the best goa album of the last 4-5 years, alongside with "Anima Mundi" of Ethereal. Both piece are amazing quality. :)

Anima Mundi was a monsoon of fresh air back in 2003, man! But I really think it lacks the originality and those "Wow, that was sooooooo raw" moments, and the melodies Khetzal composed are, always IMHO, light years ahead of Ethereal's!

Not to mention that Khetzal is much more versatile- from amazing ambient tunes, to eastern influenced "spiritual" tracks, to 160BPM dance floor killers- he's got it all- on a single album. I bow my ahead. Again. :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Different styles, different feelings, different universes, different visions of their music, and ... different tastes for each person ;)

can't remember listening to anything better in the genre for years..

actually khetzal -and penta- must be my current favorites although i dont listen to their stuff too often!

to me, Khetzal sticks out most from the new goa era. within his own tracks and others. his mystic spiritual sound compells you and you cant help but fall in love with it.

i really love the track with the horse gallopping in it (can't think of the name right now, its an odd title if i remember correctly). his whole album was good.. but that track mmm pure magic