Astral Projection or MFG?

Mindphilux

Yes project genesis is a really great album.. and honestly i dont know any astral projection albums that do the same for me.. ok they got more stand out tracks all together maybe.. but their style is a bit boring.. maybe not their fault, theyre copied into the extreme, but most tracks are alike already anyway so i pick MFG

this reminds me.. any word on the new Astral album? Was supposed to be early 2007 last i read

Have you heard their last singles ? DON'T. ;) Or you'll completely get dissapointed with them like I was. <_<

The Message is quite good. 5th album is rather dissapointing though.

I disagree with you. I thought their 5th album was great! Especially the Shining Faces track. But then again that was my introduction to MFG, so I cant compare it to the 4 previous albums they released.

MFG is better then Astral Projection for me.. This for 2 reasons:

-their evolution, they start with classic crazy goa trance (The Propechy), evoluate to more psychedelic emotional goa trance (New Kind of World) and then to very evil somehow dark massive night stuff (Project Genesis) and finally a pretty good "new" cd for that period (The Message)... They showed they manage to create many styles, and they are good in all of them!

-their crazyness, in their tracks is SO much going on all the time, pure psychedelic madness, while Astral has more perfect layers, and thus less, MFG plays alot with the melodies, which I love :)

But then again that was my introduction to MFG, so I cant compare it to the 4 previous albums they released.

Exactly... ;}

It's not that bad for full-on music, & especially Shining Faces track is decent, but really their older albums are really galaxies far away ;}

Their newest album is extremely religious themed. This is obvious by looking at the track list but i remember reading an article saying thats what their all about now. I guess it makes sense why the "alien"ness of their past albums is gone

Guest The Journey Man Project

Astral Projection all the way.. their melodies are just brilliant... nothing more ot say... and they layer it so well... they used samples perfectly and their bass kick was just perfect...

Astral projection will always be num.1 for me..... num.2 are MFG :)

I think I'm with u on this one... I also have a lot nostalgia attached on Astral... they were my favorite acts together with Dimension 5 and Chi-A.D. back then....

I'm listing to Trust In Trance now..... its bloody fantastic! :wub:

ED:

But I'm really only thinking of their old stuff... haven't really found any of their new releases any good, and that goes for Astral and MGF.....

Back when, I probably would of chose Astral since having all their songs and playing them non-stop. they have the life and good goa vibes. now I'm more into the MFG organics however old they are 8) alien goa tweaks ya man. :o

MFG 8)