anyone want to help me accend to the next level?

KreefLewer

HiHi. I am new to this forum. Basically i need help to find out what kind of psytrance i like. I have tried to find out for myself and it is a bit confusing to me ( all the genres). I dont have a super internet connection so i cant sample all types either. So the idea is i list the stuff i like and then maybe some experienced person can tell me what other stuff i'd like too.

I started listening to infected mushroom 2 years ago. I started listening to 'the otherside' and really liked it. i found more infected mushroom tracks and i really enjoyed b.p.empire and classical mushroom. heck i loved all infected mushroom. (except some tracks like cities of the future and musebreaks where their style was bit different). anyways i tried to find more bands like infected a year ago and i struggled to find stuff that i like. it seemed like all the stuff i found were all normal trance-like. boring monotonous beat that keeps drilling into your head without changeing. <-- i hate this. untill i found hallucinogen and astral projection. of hallucinogen i only like the album twisted though. of astral projection my favourite songs are.. mayan dream, still on mars, heavens gate, temporal flux, ambient galaxy (except the singing part messes it up a bit). okay so thats the kind of stuff i like.

i think its basically i like a changing beat and changing themes and especially morphing back to the theme that was started on in beginning. ( like found in infected mushroom tracks). I also really like some distinct melody. ( i think>?) its really hard for my to try describe what i like ... sorry O_o

anyways now i am looking for cool new music that i like. i thought maybe i like ambient psy.. so i tried listen to shpongle... and i reallly dont like them. even though they were ambient they had a monotounous beat all the way... it just reaaaaly took a long time to get louder. i listened to some astrix tracks ( but only a few) quite a while ago. i didnt quite like it tho. i also got my hands on some talamasca tracks... it sounded asif there might be cool songs in that band for me... i still dont know. i am listening to G.M.S now. nothing special to me, but it isnt bad listening material for me either.

anyways sorry for making u read this whole story hehe. (and probably poor spelling and spacing :( ).

but i would really like it if someone could try and tell me what genre of music i like? and suggest bands to me?

at the moment i am thinking of trying out atmos, talamasca, x-dream, because i THINK these bands might be what i'm looking for. but i dont know yet. downloading from internet is expensive in southafrica (where i stay)

hehe i'm listening to gms while i was writing this and actually i'm hearing some nice stuff. but i would prefer some more melodic, infected style to it. i did read the wikipedia stuff on psytrance genres and the post on this forum for newcomers. but i still am slightly clueless. TA!!!

man it's obvious you have goa spirit pulsing in your veins. :)

I bet you have some p2p program anyways so I give you a little list of melodic oldies but goldies:

pleiadians - alcyone, pleiadians, headspin

etnica - nice toy, party droid, trip tonite

jaia - brainstorm, mai mai

shakta - spiritual beings in physical bodies

cosmosis - alien disco, gift of the gods

psychopod - dreampod, psychopod

and why not mention some more recent crazy ass stuff?

www.aavepyora.net is your place.

listen to "goddess guerilla" or "electro fluoro punx", I think they're great. :)

@ oopie

TA!

soo in anoebis's 'all facets of trance..' post (just above these topics) it would be the top left section of the picture. but i also see infected mushroom in the 'psychadelic trance branch' hmm so this mean i'm a mixture between those two?

hehe so many artists u give me. maybe rather only list the ones u think are best / u think will suit me best eheh.

- ah thx reger i go check that one now..

hmm listening to shpongle again they dont seem to bad. probably cause i only got it in back ground and not really listening.

any other cool melodic/slightly ambient goa titles?

Melodic/slightly ambient goa :D maybe Etnica- the juggeling alchemists under the black light?

I remember when i started to hear psytrance and the only things i got was gms and infected but that doesnt satisfied me enough...it always seemed that something was missing until someone recommended me Dimension 5-transdimensional, when i first heard it was like love at first hearing :lol: its the most amazing space goa ever made.

Some recommendations for you (don't know if you will like them all):

Benza - Retrofuturism

Talpa - The Art Of Being None

The Misted Muppets - From The Legend

Planum - Elaborate

Nystagmus - The Imaculate Perception

Cosmosis in general

1200 Mics - 1200 Mics (their first album I mean)

Afgin - Old Is Gold (this is a free album you can download, there is a thread about it on psynews, just search for it)

Guest antic

I think anything off Suntrip records would fit your taste.

Contact Anoebis - he's a co-founder of that label and sells the CDs 10EUR a piece. You won't find a better deal.

Some artist names worth checking out:

Cosmosis / Laughing Buddha

Doof

Hallucinogen

Blue Planet Corporation

Transwave

Shakta / Digitalis

Sandman

Pleiadians / Etnica (older stuff) / Crop Circles

Voice of Cod / OOOD

Prometheus

Koxbox / Psychopod

Younger Brother

Sadly, apart from the latest releases of last four artists, most of the CDs are unavailable in shops and you have to pay crazy amounts of money for it on eBay / discogs. However, in that case mp3 downloading is justified, if you don't mind the quality loss and are not a die-hard collector :)

Man! I envy you - you've got the most exciting music waiting for you to be discovered! :D

for ambient try:

carbon based lifeforms - hydroponic garden

carbon based lifeforms - world of sleepers

The Infinity Project - mystical experiences, album

dont know much else :)

and i agree with what antic/oopie/divine suggested you, thats perfect oldschool goa ;)

take your time and dont wory if you cant hear everything you wanted to instantly, youll hear them anyway :)

let me just add:

chi-ad, trancy goa, might take a time to grow on you, check out his "earth crossing" album when you can :)

dimension 5 - transdimensional/second phase albums

etnica/pleiadians - everything till 1999, since 1999 theive released weak, mediocre, boring tracks.

cropc circles - get everything you can ;)

koxbox - try "forever after" album first, if yure goa lover :)

MFG - their first 3 albums - Project Genesis, New Kind Of World, The Prophecy

Planet BEN - Trippy Future Garden, album

The Infinity Project - feeling weird, album

UX - Ultimate Experience, album

that should keep you occupied :P

if you liked something and wonder what else those artists have released then check out discogs.com [in case you didnt know] :)

for ambient try:

carbon based lifeforms - hydroponic garden

carbon based lifeforms - world of sleepers

The Infinity Project - mystical experiences, album

dont know much else :)

Please, remember Mystery Of The Yeti project for psy ambient music.

Also I like a lot Entheogenic, Shulman and Ott.

For low trance ambient music, the second part of Total Eclipse - Violent Relaxation and Padmasana. GGUUUAAAUU!!!

woah overwhelming all this stuff! thx guys.

unfortunately my pc is currently broken. but i got some x-dream and etnica off of our university network and onto my mp3 player. I am gonna have a listen to it soon.. hehe when i get home from this computer lab.

i see u guys are suggesting mostly old school goa to me... hmmm i didnt nesisarily want to be listening to old school but i suppose its fine. I wouldn't mind trying some good brand new albums that u guys recoment me either. meybe there are other genre's i like that i have not yet descovered. for instance infected mushroom's apogiffa night and scorpion frog i also liked very much. is that like techno/industrial? hmm i dunno. But i would think that i dont like plain techno/industrial.

unfortunately my pc is currently broken. but i got some x-dream and etnica off of our university network and onto my mp3 player. I am gonna have a listen to it soon.. hehe when i get home from this computer lab.

i see u guys are suggesting mostly old school goa to me... hmmm i didnt nesisarily want to be listening to old school but i suppose its fine. I wouldn't mind trying some good brand new albums that u guys recoment me either. meybe there are other genre's i like that i have not yet descovered. for instance infected mushroom's apogiffa night and scorpion frog i also liked very much. is that like techno/industrial? hmm i dunno. But i would think that i dont like plain techno/industrial.

you might not like plain techno/industrial, but you might try out spirallianz [blast food, stereopark albums!], midi miliz [antistat, passages albums!] and the delta both albums [scizoeffective, Send In ...Send Back], aswell as x-dream irritant album :P

as for newschool:

dont listen to it much myself, but id say:

electric universe - cosmic experience

esp - electric space phenomenon

derango - tumult

oldschool aint that bad, dont be affraid of it, it aint bite you :P

i see u guys are suggesting mostly old school goa to me... hmmm i didnt nesisarily want to be listening to old school but i suppose its fine. I wouldn't mind trying some good brand new albums that u guys recoment me either. maybe there are other genre's i like that i have not yet descovered. for instance infected mushroom's apogiffa night and scorpion frog i also liked very much. is that like techno/industrial? hmm i dunno. But i would think that i dont like plain techno/industrial.

trying to help here,

you don't like plain techno/industrail,

well the most "psychedelic trance" with techno/industrial influences is the "psytek" what is a subgenre but not

that represented,

names like midi milliz, the delta, are like that,

try tantrance 9 ssecond cd,

but it seems that is not what you are searching for ?

and not old skool too ?

or am I totally wrong,

well in case I'm not,

you're looking for new stuff,

well there is good stuff exactly,

like reger mentioned very well electric universe 2004, 2006 and vs space tribe compilation can be defined as

one of the quality releases,

morning fullon like lamat, lani, audiofreak and etc is euphoric,

more minimal fullon less melodic I would suggest panick, ultravoice,

fullon with progressive influences like etic - feedback, neelix (that is actually progressive, crossover), yotopia are nice too

you like fresh old skool maybe that then filteria, ethereal, ypsilon 5, khetzal, compilation - apsara will satisfy you perfect

other good recent releases that pop up,

liquid soul : imo best progressive album from 2006

digicult : more aggressive morning fullon (within the concept of morning fullon off couse)

furious: intilligent dark psychedelic trance

kindzadza : same as above

fhungus funk: melodic dark psychedelic trance (again within the concept of dark blablaba...)

antix: very nice minimal progressive

talpa : like infected...

principles of flight has some infected influences too (both great releases)

misted muppet if you like noisy nervous fullon ;)

and on and on,

well there should be one thing I hope :unsure:

Juno Reactor - Transmissions

Juno Reactor - Beyond the Infinite

Juno Reactor - Bible of Dreams

Juno Reactor - Shango

Juno Reactor - Labyrinth

Or a retrospective

Juno Reactor - Odyssey

I didn't recommend you any goa at all :) Just so you know ;)

I was wondernig too why nearly everbody was only recommending old-school stuff. But from my suggestion (see below) only Cosmosis and Afgin are old-school, the rest are new releaes. :)

Some recommendations for you (don't know if you will like them all):

Benza - Retrofuturism

Talpa - The Art Of Being None

The Misted Muppets - From The Legend

Planum - Elaborate

Nystagmus - The Imaculate Perception

Cosmosis in general

1200 Mics - 1200 Mics (their first album I mean)

Afgin - Old Is Gold (this is a free album you can download, there is a thread about it on psynews, just search for it)

don't know of the link still works in that thread to download the afgin album,

I think I changed the url, made it easier to put on flyer for jos

but it's still on line...

follow the link in my signature :P

ta all. I go to try out some gms, sun project, x-dream and etnica (etnica albums eclips3 and earth- something or other).

anyways i find all those albums ok-ish buuut they all seem so repetitive. they start out nice and then it just seems to get boring to me. anyways in the mean time of trying those out i actually started likeing shpongle - are you shpongled? more. (even though they are not THAT great in my opinion)

I think i should rather just look for bands exactly like infected mushroom, cause they have never let me down. i think i like constantly changeing atmospheres / themes with a distinct melody. basically i begin hating something really quick when there is a constant drumbeat repitition / repitition of a single irritating short melody. i want dynamic stuff! i liked the stuff from infected mushroom - converting vegetarians allot!

hmmm i still must check out pleiadians and a lot of other bands u guys listed here. it will probably take a whole long time for me to do so. also still need to try out 'talpa' that sideffect mentioned